of     1   

Veggieburrito
#148654838Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:03 PM GMT

I've recently re-entered the building scene, currently mastering vehicles. I made a car out of the Happy Home. After upping torque, it can achieve its set max speed of 30 in a short while, however, I can never get it to turn more than a slight bit. Researching this problem has found answers that do nothing. I've tried TurnSpeed, which seems to have no effect on vehicle function. Troubleshooting?
Veggieburrito
#148692967Monday, October 27, 2014 5:15 PM GMT

Bump I encountered the same problem while building a truck. What do I do?
Vasillo
#148696714Monday, October 27, 2014 7:11 PM GMT

where exactly are you placing this seat, it would also help if you sent me the place so i can take a look
Veggieburrito
#148704112Monday, October 27, 2014 9:32 PM GMT

Actually, I think I solved the problem myself. The answer was more torque.
Wrought_Bloxon
#148705921Monday, October 27, 2014 9:59 PM GMT

I would have suggested turning torque up. But there was good reason for the question "where did you put the seat?". A basic vehicleseat needs to be centered for the steering to work properly. There are scripts that can move the humanoid if you need to look like your driving. You could also use a scripted drive system that uses CFrame to pivot instead of the vehicleseat.
Scottifly
#148717719Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:39 AM GMT

scac is right. More torque is not always the answer, it causes the wheels to bounce around. Small vehicles with small wheels (say go kart sized) only need a Torque of about 4-10. Most ROBLOX sized cars work ok with a Torque of around 11-20. Really big vehicles or cars with big tires (say 6 studs and up) may require Torque of above 21. The reason a VehicleSeat needs to be centered is because the amount the wheels spin is calculated by the distance from center. If you have a car with the VehicleSeat at or past the wheel Hinge location it doesn't spin the wheels properly. This is why if your car is like that and you try turning it just moves forward or backward, the wheels in line with the seat aren't turning opposite the ones farther away from the seat.
Veggieburrito
#148720906Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:15 AM GMT

My car made from the Happy Home has the VehicleSeat in front of the front window. When its torque was 500, it was able to drive forward and backward perfectly, but it was unable to turn. Doubling it gave it better acceleration and slightly above no ability to turn. At a torque of 1500, it had slight turning abilities. It currently turns quite fine at a torque of 2000. It does have wheels 13 studs in size, which, along with the fact it's a house, seems to be why a (considerably high) torque of 500 was not enough for proper function.

of     1