chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

SmokingTheReefer
#149248854Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:53 PM GMT

He admitted to talking to the people, he never threw the game though. Please research, BroBro264.
DeAngeloWilliams34
#149249023Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:55 PM GMT

if he never did then why is he still banned? ♫ Is this life everything you wanted? Is it worth the price you pay? You're treading on bloody water. Is it worth the price you pay? ♫
SmokingTheReefer
#149249118Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:57 PM GMT

Do I look like the commissioner of Major League Baseball?
Bommer
#149249122Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:57 PM GMT

this is what i was shooting for, a big argument @deangelo because he's dead.
DeAngeloWilliams34
#149249184Wednesday, November 05, 2014 11:58 PM GMT

"because he's dead." terrible reason ♫ Is this life everything you wanted? Is it worth the price you pay? You're treading on bloody water. Is it worth the price you pay? ♫
extemmasfriend2
#149249339Thursday, November 06, 2014 12:00 AM GMT

In testimony before the grand jury on September 28, 1920, news accounts from the era claim that Jackson admitted under oath that he agreed to participate in the fix: “ When a Cincinnati player would bat a ball out in my territory I'd muff it if I could—that is, fail to catch it. But if it would look too much like crooked work to do that I'd be slow and make a throw to the infield that would be short. My work netted the Cincinnati team several runs that they never would have had if we had been playing on the square. ” However, no such direct quote or testimony to this effect appears in the actual stenographic record of Jackson's grand jury appearance, casting doubt on their veracity. Legend has it that as Jackson was leaving the courthouse during the trial, a young boy begged of him, "Say it ain't so, Joe," and that Jackson did not respond. In an interview in SPORT nearly three decades later, Jackson contended that this story was a myth. A contemporary press account does refer to an exchange of Jackson with young fans outside of the Chicago grand jury hearing on September 28: When Jackson left criminal court building in custody of a sheriff after telling his story to the grand jury, he found several hundred youngsters, aged from 6 to 16, awaiting for a glimpse of their idol. One urchin stepped up to the outfielder, and, grabbing his coat sleeve, said: "It ain't true, is it, Joe?" "Yes, kid, I'm afraid it is," Jackson replied. The boys opened a path for the ball player and stood in silence until he passed out of sight. "Well, I'd never have thought it," sighed the lad. Even though Jackson's exchange with the shocked young fan was most likely not a true historical event, but rather a fabrication by a sensationalist journalist, the "Say It Ain't So" story remains an oft-repeated and well-known part of baseball lore."
DeAngeloWilliams34
#149250722Thursday, November 06, 2014 12:23 AM GMT

also, he got a life time ban. his life is over. by that logic, he should be unbanned. ♫ Is this life everything you wanted? Is it worth the price you pay? You're treading on bloody water. Is it worth the price you pay? ♫
PhilCoke
#149254287Thursday, November 06, 2014 1:20 AM GMT

Well, bommer, Mr. A-Roids may have worked himself into the record books -- with the help of PEDs -- but you can be as sure as hell that he'll never bear a Hall of Fame plaque for being the cheat he's been for the majority of his career. "Any ballplayer that don't sign autographs for little kids ain't an American." -- Rogers Hornsby

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2