of     1   

Robloxian25537811
#152080907Sunday, December 21, 2014 3:05 AM GMT

This has been an idea that has been flowing in my head the past couple of years playing Roblox, and I've posted it two years ago here when I was honestly cringeworthy, but now I going to add more onto it. First off, wind and clouds. I'd personally like to see wind on Roblox and I can see it creating creative potential effects to upcoming games, such as leaves, papers, etc. What I can see happening is each part having a certain "weight" to it, and that weight gets affected by the wind force and direction. Both weights and wind force and direction can be changed in the part settings and lighting respectively. To older games that won't receive updates can have default settings that have them play the exact same as before with little to no changes. With wind also comes clouds. Clouds of course are carried by the wind by whatever direction it is flowing and how fast it is going as well. I'd love to see randomly generated clouds appear in the sky while playing the game, maybe covering the sun and the light coming from the sun, though the sun itself would have to become an object of lighting but it can be worked out. You should also be able to change how many clouds appear in the sky as well on a scale from 0-100, 0 being no clouds at all, 100 being that the sky is completely covered with clouds. With clouds leads me into my second idea: weather. I've seen scripts that simulate rain and snow, so I can see that there is enough interest to have it, but all it is is just either a ton of parts or a ScreenGUI. What I'd like to see is actual rain. I'd love to see ripples of rain come onto the water terrain and perhaps even create puddles on normal parts. I'd love to see them act as rain does in real life, and you can see the droplets drip from the edge of buildings or down glass, or in this case transparent parts. Clouds of course carry moisture, and my idea of clouds before can tie in perfectly with the idea of rain and snow. With clouds, maybe there can be a toggle in lighting that allows rain or not with a simple checkbox and that can automatically bring in clouds as well. As with snow, that brings me into my final idea: temperature. Snow is frozen water, that is obvious enough. Maybe there can be some sort of temperature control where 32F (or 0C) or lower determines whether or not it snows or not. It can also cause the terrain water's surface to freeze over, and have it breakable as well. If it gets to 100F (or 37C), or higher, you can start to see waves of heat as you would in real life. We can have the default be 70F (or 26C) and have it play out as it does now. Perhaps elevation can happen as well, where it gets colder the higher you climb up something Teal Deer: Wind Physics, Weather and Temperature climate should be added to Roblox, with Rain, snow, etc.
busypeanut
#152081505Sunday, December 21, 2014 3:15 AM GMT

Scriptable.
Robloxian25537811
#152081676Sunday, December 21, 2014 3:17 AM GMT

@busypeanut Not so much in the way I'm talking about, you can simulate it to an extent, but not in the way I'm talking about. Wind is definitely not possible at this current state.
DannyKlient
#152090226Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:44 AM GMT

If it won't cause lag (which I'm certain it definitely will) then support
TehTechiePlayz
#152090371Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:47 AM GMT

If it won't cause lag (which I'm certain it definitely will) then support [2]
wubby301
#152090629Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:54 AM GMT

It should cause little lag but I'll support!
TehTechiePlayz
#152090764Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:57 AM GMT

Wubbzy, ever heard of older computers? And pretty much it would only run smooth on high-end computers, and definitely won't work on tablets and phones. Cpmoderator12345, if your looking at this for gods sake http://youtu.be/0ufGsdlbwPI
wubby301
#152090850Sunday, December 21, 2014 5:59 AM GMT

@theacrosoftn Read this quote: "With clouds, maybe there can be a toggle in lighting that allows rain or not with a simple checkbox and that can automatically bring in clouds as well."
wubby301
#152090944Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:01 AM GMT

If they put the rain on, they should've not let tablets/phones users play.
popomcnuggets
#152092987Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:51 AM GMT

already suggested stickmasterluke made a cloud script a guy made a wind physics game temperature? no. Honestly, this is all easily scriptable, I'm sorry about that its WNTS, but Lua is actually a program for beginners and is considered easy in comparison to other scripting languages. no support
cpmoderator12345
#152093036Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:52 AM GMT

rain gui when ur inside a hitbox of a building make the gui go away
yoshe123
#152093076Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:53 AM GMT

"No, this is scripable!" - Thefriendlyguest
popomcnuggets
#152093123Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:55 AM GMT

"ripples of water" "RUN FROM THE LAG!!!"

of     1