of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

WiFiKing42
#153844036Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:07 AM GMT

Honestly I don't even know if you guys will like it or not. I'll go and push the intro once I'm done with it and you guys tell me how it is. If you want a description, it's a man's story after meeting one of the largest gang leaders by accident, and his tale about how close he got to him and how their relation gets in the way of the said leader's gang reputation. It's a crime drama/mystery basically, and I'm planning to write it in sort of a Gatsby/Godfather kind of feel.
SIacktivist
#153844360Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:12 AM GMT

Yes!
uvsk
#153844418Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:13 AM GMT

Like publish it in real life or...?
SenseiOnion
#153844429Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:13 AM GMT

Mmm Sounds good, I like it. Give suspense on what will happen. Like, will he kill him? Is the meeting good or bad? I'd like to read it, but, sadly, I don't know how to publish anything.
SirBookington
#153844460Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:14 AM GMT

Hmm.
SIacktivist
#153844506Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:14 AM GMT

Real life? Dontcha know? None of us are real.
SirBookington
#153844592Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:16 AM GMT

"None of us are real." I so dearly hope this was sarcasm.
SIacktivist
#153844658Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:17 AM GMT

We're all figments of each other's imagination.
levian8877
#153844764Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:18 AM GMT

Acually, reality is just a dream fabricated by robots who want to use us as an energy source.
SirBookington
#153844769Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:18 AM GMT

I hope that too was sarcasm.
WiFiKing42
#153844975Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:22 AM GMT

Like publish it in real life or...? Woops. Didn't mean to use the word publish like...publish. I meant post it on Wattpad. Should I do it like Pawz did or just release the whole thing in one day?
SirBookington
#153845081Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:23 AM GMT

Do it like Pawz did, in my opinion it builds up suspense and that's better. It also keeps people waiting for new chapters.
BilICipher
#153846005Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:37 AM GMT

Yeah do it like Pawz. I too have some stories I'm going to make on Wattpad
WiFiKing42
#153848068Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:15 AM GMT

I have the first two paragraphs typed up. I'll use it as a test post of sorts. How you like? A repair shop in the middle of a countryside desert has brought me more stories than any grandad can combined, but like any grandad story, they get boring when you hear all of them over and over and over again.]. From runaway celebrities to people who faked their deaths, my shop down Oyster Road has had me questioning my sanity plenty of times. The great tales my little shop has brought me has begun to rot away like a dead body in a coffin. The shop is in the smack middle of New Mexico called Piccolo's, owned by me, Piccolo, in a small town called Aburrido where everyone knows which tumbleweed is which. It's a boring old town, in fact so boring that whoever made this town named it with the Spanish word for "boring". Needless to say the visitors that drop by here are some of the weirdest men and women I have ever encountered. I don't question it, though, since a little weird is probably something Aburrido needs. But too much of the same old weird things can surprisingly bore an entire town. As visitors grew weirder by the visits, Aburrido grew to live its name more precisely. Everything, in fact, did seem like that was a fate we had to meet, until we met the man in the pink suit.
SwedishLemon
#153848828Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:31 AM GMT

The spelling and grammar are fine, but you don't have anything to draw the viewers in yet. While this is acceptable so long as you notify readers to at least read to the second chapter, it can cause complications if you don't successfully draw them even by the second chapter. Also, keep in mind your tense. You're using past tense. This means less character thoughts but more freedom to use certain words that you could not with a present-tense character. So basically what I'm saying is, find a way to draw the readers in somehow. Narration can cause even a skilled author to turn their head and close the book, or in this case, the browser. Also, don't use quotes unless the characters are actually talking. For non-communication quotation use apostrophes instead.
WiFiKing42
#153849102Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:38 AM GMT

Also, keep in mind your tense. You're using past tense. This means less character thoughts but more freedom to use certain words that you could not with a present-tense character. I know. Tenses has always been my weak points. I'm not really trying to drag them in just yet, but more like show what they're gonna be up for. It might just be an excuse but I'll still look into it. I'm planning to draw them in later in the book.
SwedishLemon
#153849208Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:40 AM GMT

Tenses have been my weak point, too. A good way to tell what tense and writing style is best for you is experiment writing the first chapter in various tenses. It might discourage you at first but eventually you'll find your own tense and writing style, one that suits you best. It worked for me, I mean c'mon, I write short stories like a writing machine now. Er, well, when I'm not procrastinating, that is.
SwedishLemon
#153849467Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:47 AM GMT

OOH, also. I find I tend to go off-character when I'm writing dialogue as I go (it's almost impossible to 'plan' dialogue without a transcript), so what I like to do is experiment with different actions and see if they fit. For example, in this fantasy thing I'm writing the deuteragonist broke the protagonist's hand in a fit of rage over a theft of her book in an early draft of the first chapter, but I quickly abandoned it because it's not something forgettable for the readers and not something forgivable to the protagonist. I mean, c'mon, she broke his hand over a book. It helps to do this to not create moments that don't fit with the character. Also, come up with traits before you start further writing. This way, you can blend these future, or current, traits into smooth character development. I hope you enjoyed my advice.
valvefan123
#153850199Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:07 AM GMT

ooh me gusta si si si -A smile will get you far, but a smile and a gun will get you further.-
romuluz
#153851800Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:04 AM GMT

I'm doing the same thing myself, and you have a couple of options. You could write up your first draft manuscript and try to get signed with a publishing company, or you could self publish through Amazon, which is relatively easy. However, if you're thinking about self publishing you're going to need to find your own editor, and likely be willing to pay him/her, which won't exactly be an easy task. I do highly suggest you go about getting one as editors can provide a seperate set of eyes to your story that can help you not only with your spelling and grammar but give you ides with your plots that you never really thought about before. I wish you luck friend.
PickachuGirl
#153857777Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:35 PM GMT

Oooo yeah I'm not gonna give actual advice because I'm the worst person to get that from but what kind of relationship with the dude and the gangleader I'm interested Is it gonna b a bromance or like something else u kinda left it sorta vague
WiFiKing42
#153857824Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:38 PM GMT

I'm not telling
PickachuGirl
#153857832Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:39 PM GMT

o ok...
Coriandr
#153860194Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:32 PM GMT

Well, that title got me off until I continued reading the posts. Figured you were going to publish it literally... Not on the Internet. :I Anyway... Wish you luck, and if you could, link me to the page in which you're writing it. c: ͼ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ͽ
timpookie
#153860968Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:00 PM GMT

I recommend Ghostwriting, I do it frequently. For instance, look up "2001: A Space Odyssey" for an example of something that I ghostwrote and gave to Arthur C. Clarke.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right