of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

cpmoderator12345
#154419031Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:34 AM GMT

MOBILE IS HORRIBLE. YOU CANT USE STUDIO WITH IT. YOU CANT EVEN SCRIPT ON MOBILE. ALL GAMES MUST HAVE ICONS!? WTH! WHAT IF WE ARENT PRO ARTISTS AND WHY DO YOU HAVE STUPID GUIDELINES "NO CORNERS" THAT MAKES THE ICONS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE IN 1987. "CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BRIGHTNESS" WHAT. THE. HECK. "CERTAIN SIZE" WHAT!? THATS STUPID. IT SHOULD BE DIFFERENT SIZES.
DerProgrammierer
#154419057Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:35 AM GMT

pls die
cpmoderator12345
#154419092Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:36 AM GMT

GET OUT.
wind_o
#154421229Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:35 AM GMT

yes ur someone who understands man ur a genius support
GoSkating
#154421710Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:17 AM GMT

I get the main idea and I support that but you sir need to rethink your strategy because no one wants to hear you complain and caps lock the entire post. Feedback and complaints are two very different things.
Rapturing
#154421729Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:19 AM GMT

I love your attitude, my good sir.
Rektavious
#154422263Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:13 AM GMT

Implement* Just to correct you.
trainyay
#154422736Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:57 AM GMT

yes ur someone who understands man ur a genius support[2]
Zanuka
#154423182Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:27 AM GMT

link
Luminak
#154426246Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:05 PM GMT

wow this, is sad if you had studio and way better roblox on mobile then it'd take up like 3 quarters of your phone space
Coriandr
#154432849Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:40 PM GMT

soopert Finally something good comes out of your... keyboard. siggy.nil
DeepBlueNoSpace
#154434480Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:29 PM GMT

http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Game_Icon_Tutorial I actually don't support, as long as you don't break any of roblox's pre-existing rules, it's fine. Those are just recommendations. -[Don't try and exceed the limit by lowering it ~ DominusPrimus }-
DarkImperiator
#154435300Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:51 PM GMT

Once this update comes, I'll be seeing people making threads to change it back which won't even happen "Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated" -Confucius
cpmoderator12345
#154438604Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:57 PM GMT

Guys, it says "NO WRITING SALE ON IT" How are people gonna know about the sale then?!
Coriandr
#154439550Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:13 PM GMT

People, spam the idea! Maybe they'll see all the crap loads of revolts and do the same they did with the price floor- or at least, lower it as they did. No crappy guidelines or whatnot. siggy.nil
Rektavious
#154474535Friday, January 23, 2015 7:25 AM GMT

ProfessorStone
#154475404Friday, January 23, 2015 8:27 AM GMT

This will provide consistency across the ROBLOX game page, providing a nice ethos. No support, I'm afraid.
Coriandr
#154481850Friday, January 23, 2015 3:31 PM GMT

Stone, does it honestly look like we care? ROBLOX always tells us, "You make the game", "Be anything; build anything", but we can't do that when they put limits on us. Sure, we can live with limits of rules- no inappropriate games, no language, etc. But this isn't inappropriate. This is them telling us, "Hey, we don't like your creativity so we're going to force you to live up to our standards!" The ROBLOX community and developers have always done well with their games. If it's a fun game, we'll play it. We don't need their crappy thumbnail/icon rules to guide us, we can make them ourselves. And what about "Welcome to my profile!" games? All of them'd be deleted, simply because it doesn't have "Welcome to my profile!" at the top, your name in the corner, some crappy quote on the bottom. Seriously, we've always done well. If a game seriously wants to be seen that much, they'll do it. If it's apparently so easy then they can make it if they want- otherwise, we don't give a crap about 'good' thumbnails. Some of us might think that's crap, anyway. I mean, imagine every game on the front page looking exactly the same because of the thumbnails. Barely any creativity, every thumbnail/icon would be generic as crap simply because ROBLOX wanted it to look 'nice'(their standards, not ours). Seriously, if they implement this update, they can throw the whole "You make the game" quote out the window. siggy.nil
TixPile
#154482499Friday, January 23, 2015 3:55 PM GMT

Once this update comes, I'll be seeing people making threads to change it back which won't even happen [2]
ezergad3000
#154484781Friday, January 23, 2015 5:02 PM GMT

ROBLOX always tells us, "You make the game", "Be anything; build anything", but we can't do that when they put limits on us. Sure, we can live with limits of rules- no inappropriate games, no language, etc. But this isn't inappropriate. This is them telling us, "Hey, we don't like your creativity so we're going to force you to live up to our standards!" The ROBLOX community and developers have always done well with their games. If it's a fun game, we'll play it. We don't need their crappy thumbnail/icon rules to guide us, we can make them ourselves. And what about "Welcome to my profile!" games? All of them'd be deleted, simply because it doesn't have "Welcome to my profile!" at the top, your name in the corner, some crappy quote on the bottom. Seriously, we've always done well. If a game seriously wants to be seen that much, they'll do it. If it's apparently so easy then they can make it if they want- otherwise, we don't give a crap about 'good' thumbnails. Some of us might think that's crap, anyway. I mean, imagine every game on the front page looking exactly the same because of the thumbnails. Barely any creativity, every thumbnail/icon would be generic as crap simply because ROBLOX wanted it to look 'nice'(their standards, not ours). Seriously, if they implement this update, they can throw the whole "You make the game" quote out the window.[2] -April showers bring May flowers. Mayflowers bring pilgrims.-
WhiteEuropean
#154485016Friday, January 23, 2015 5:08 PM GMT

I agree with this, just don't use caps lock and rage, mkay? ~KING OF DOGES, OT RAID MASTER~
Spongocardo
#154486131Friday, January 23, 2015 5:37 PM GMT

Support. Even though I don't like the way OP tried to get their opinion across, I do agree with the idea, don't implement icons. Why you may ask? Because (assuming icons will be free) developers who have paid ROBUX to have their thumbnails show what their game is about when people find it will be annoyed as they've paid good money for that thumbnail. Having icons will reduce the number of people noticing the thumbnails the developer had paid for. This can reduce people wanting to play their game because their icon may not be interesting to the audience due to the lack of content or "flare". Plus, the lack of content available to fit on the icon would not tell enough about the game for the game's audience to play it straight away if they're judging by the icon itself. Another reason is because people want a separate experience from mobile to a PC (for example, me.) ROBLOX is trying to pull a Windows 8 and are integrating the site with mobile and PC aesthetics together so that there's less work to be done on their part. This method would not work well (note the reviews of Windows 8.) While having items such as icons on the games page would make the site better for the mobile users, it would make the site on the PC look worse as there's wasted space on the screen which could be used for more things, such as thumbnails. There are a few more reasons why I would not like to see icons implemented (E.G: The RIDICULOUS guidelines) but these are my main reasons why icons shouldn't be implemented. M'kay.
HardSaIami
#154486490Friday, January 23, 2015 5:47 PM GMT

Honestly it's a horrid update there's way too many rules to it like how dark and light the icons can be and how you can't make edges rounded. Also, idk what roblox was thinking when they thought every kid ever owns photoshop or a photo editing program to make a nice icon? Photoshop is 100$
BillyCipher
#154486575Friday, January 23, 2015 5:49 PM GMT

SUPPORT!!! i never knew about this but it is just plain stupid... i prefer the thumbnails
DeepBlueNoSpace
#154489249Friday, January 23, 2015 7:05 PM GMT

We need to clear ONE thing up, thumbnails will stay. -[Don't try and exceed the limit by lowering it ~ DominusPrimus }-

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right