of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ZachHelms
#155594787Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

i was browsing on the internet one day and i found Ariana Grande being proclaimed as one of the best singers of this generation apparently, i was supposed to be in awe of her talent i wasn't really impressed, she's basically just an average singer who raises her pitch higher in her songs to get pops her lyrics aren't really that good either she's not that good people and not the next big thing
TheAsassin
#155595035Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:50 PM GMT

you're not some kind of musical genius for knowing this
IsOffline
#155595043Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:50 PM GMT

oh ariana your flat booty and mosquito bite nips are perfect to me "Pssh, nothin personnel, kid"
ZachHelms
#155595220Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:53 PM GMT

@theassassin of course not even a caveman would know it
EverquestI
#155595490Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:57 PM GMT

I know that Ariana Grande has become popular here after pitchfork gave her a positive review, but I've seen a lot of people make a glaring but easily avoidable mistake when discussing this album. You see, when you make a statement like "I really enjoy Ariana Grande's music," what you mean to say is "I really enjoy the music that the marketing team at Universal music put together" What you're listening to is not actually Ariana Grande's album, but an album that was written and performed by several people employed by the record company. Oddly, their names don't appear on the cover and their picture is no where to be found in the inlay. Ariana Grande's contribution to the album is supplying passable vocals that are likely heavily manipulated in studio and being skinny and attractive enough (by mainstream media standards, that is) to produce a nice image and heavily airbrushed cover. The music that you're listening to is not an artistic expression of Ariana Grande, in fact, it's not even an expression of the people who actually wrote the music. They are hired by record companies to write and compose songs for many different artists. The only two prerequisites is that they are in line with what is trendy and they can help further whatever image the record company decided to give the artist. It's all marketing. And don't be fooled, it's been marketed towards you as well. You are not a special, open minded snowflake. You are a cog in the corporate, manufactured machine, and pitchfork is holding your hand the entire way. I'm not saying it's not okay to enjoy this music, or that it's objectively bad, I just think you ought to be honest about what you're actually listening to, and it's not Ariana Grande.
IsOffline
#155595712Sunday, February 08, 2015 9:59 PM GMT

@everquest tl, dr. "Pssh, nothin personnel, kid"
meldo
#155596175Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:06 PM GMT

i love you ariana grandeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
DelfierVaktovian
#155596454Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:10 PM GMT

she deserves to be named one of the best singers of this generation because she is unquestionably just because he can reach heavenly notes & sing in whistle register better than anyone else people overlook her other singing abilities she's way above average, anyone who's listened to more of her music other than her popular singles knows this "her lyrics aren't really that good either she's not that good people and not the next big thing" she works in a collaborative process when writing some of her lyrics, particularly with her popular singles (likely the only ones you've really listened to) that being said, her lyrics are thoughtful & so beautiful, it just might not be your style it's easy to see that she is remarkably talented which leads to her popularity.
JacquesMaritain
#155596819Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:15 PM GMT

ariana grande is horrible
ZachHelms
#155597163Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:20 PM GMT

"she deserves to be named one of the best singers of this generation because she is unquestionably" no she isn't "just because he can reach heavenly notes & sing in whistle register better than anyone else people overlook her other singing abilities" but that's all she's really good at "she's way above average, anyone who's listened to more of her music other than her popular singles knows this" such as? are there some great underground Ariana Grande performances i'm suddenly not aware of? "she works in a collaborative process when writing some of her lyrics, particularly with her popular singles (likely the only ones you've really listened to) that being said, her lyrics are thoughtful & so beautiful, it just might not be your style" she has some of the most cliché lyrics I have ever seen sung by a singer "it's easy to see that she is remarkably talented which leads to her popularity." she's not remarkably talented
meldo
#155597304Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:22 PM GMT

believe what you want but her range is pretty impressive
uknowhimguy
#155597500Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:24 PM GMT

Who is Ariana grande?
ZachHelms
#155597672Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:27 PM GMT

@meldo that's about it that's the only redeeming quality she possesses stil far from the greatest thing of this generation
DelfierVaktovian
#155600461Sunday, February 08, 2015 11:11 PM GMT

Eve, no one mentioned either of her albums & those statements aren't the same because it is her music/albums a marketing team isn't the same as a production team at all, either. collaborating in songwriting & performing with a FEW, not several people does not make the albums any less her own. If you think that then you're saying many artists don't have their own albums, & that's moronic. She performed & wrote on every piece of her work. The artists she collaborated with are listed on the back covers this makes me think you've never even held a copy of either album you say you know so much about Her contribution is so much more than that, her singing isn't "supplying" & her vocals can only be described as angelic & incomparable to any other. you definitely have no clue what you're talking about in that also to say they are 'likely' heavily manipulated is something known to be the opposite when it's clear (and has been praised countless times) that she doesn't use manipulation & sounds exactly the same in her live performances as she does on digital tracks. This in itself proves you know nothing about her. being skinny or attractive doesn't contribute to an album's content, clearly it also has nothing to do with her music, talent, or popularity & recognition. her music is directly an artistic expression of herself from her dedication & hard work along with her love & passion for music & the arts. the rest of what you say really shows you know nothing about music as an industry & sounds paranoid of something.
DelfierVaktovian
#155601339Sunday, February 08, 2015 11:24 PM GMT

She's talented in many other things zac and as for singing, that's not all she's good at "such as? are there some great underground Ariana Grande performances i'm suddenly not aware of?" i'm sure there are, but you don't even have to see any to know she's talented way above average & I said "music other than her popular singles" & you saying "such as?" after that is admitting you haven't heard anything other than those whether you realise that or not "she has some of the most cliché lyrics I have ever seen sung by a singer" you must have never listened to many singers at all then, & surely not other singers on the radio
Icyclez
#155809386Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:49 PM GMT

>"ariana grande is horrible" THANK YOU FINALLY someone gets it.
llPreston9911ll
#155809556Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:56 PM GMT

ariana grande is horrible
Fraximus
#155810141Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:34 PM GMT

Kids just say she is because of her looks. That's because they think of her while going to a sight like Youtube, but very different. Get my flow?
DelfierVaktovian
#156032465Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:33 PM GMT

^no, no one says that you can tell pre can't recognise music
darko29
#156032952Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:39 PM GMT

she barely pronounces any words and just mumbles through her nose. Plus, she has an ugly personality.
llPreston9911ll
#156035784Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:13 PM GMT

@Del , You've had you're head up a lot of terrible artists ass. I like good music , what about you?
Zotus
#156038842Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:53 PM GMT

ariana grande is famous just because black thirsy people love her
Zotus
#156038873Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:53 PM GMT

*thirsty
meldo
#156038999Sunday, February 15, 2015 6:55 PM GMT

"one of the best singers of this generation" she kind of is though at least our mainstream generation she has an insane range and as far as i'm aware controls it fairly well
DelfierVaktovian
#156043249Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:42 PM GMT

darko i've never heard her mispronounce anything, & you don't even know her personality at all, don't be a moron

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right