of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ZackTheNascar
#158194296Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:16 PM GMT

I am wondering about the possibility of a ROBLOX Jr. site for the site's younger people. I am sure many of the older ROBLOX users would agree to this for many reasons. 1. Let's begin with the issues of the filter. Me and many of my friends in our little community are getting tired of some of the new people coming in. Not because they are annoying or anything but because of their age the filter blocks a lot more for them than what should really be and it gets annoying when you can't read what a person says on a group wall or in-game chats 2. The difference in maturity levels of the users is also another why I think this would be a good idea. I hate seeing everyday in game users around 8-12 years seeming like they know everything and getting mad at the ones who actually do play the game well. I understand that they this may not be fair but I would like games that have people encouraging each other rather than making fun of each other and swearing or in their case a long line of hashtags. 3. And also I believe a Jr site will allow the normal ROBLOX site to perform better than it would if all the users were on the same exact site. 4. Kids around the same age, it has been proven, can talk more freely with ones of their own age rather than an 8 year old trying to speak to an 18 year old. Quite a bit of maturity difference between the two. 5.Also this will allow a lot more advertising for ROBLOX as a kid friendly website showing how much it cares for the safety of the younger members because (let's be honest) the older users tend to have a lot of more "wide vocabulary" for a lack of better terms. 6. ROBLOX Admins and Devs can also make more games more directed to the younger kids. Which can also provide a way to show off cool new games from devs and not worry about how everyone will think. The games directed won't be as violent (or as big) as the normal ones. Or the same games for each site but the age separation. 7. With this separation the hashtag filter will not be needed but more of the 2012/2013 filter where if a message was inappropriate it would just be removed from the chat or not allowed to go through, not hashtags. + Please take in all the info I have brought up and make up your mind of what you think is best. If there is anything you think should be fixed please post constructive criticism. I'd like this idea to be noticed at the least.
UgOsMiLy
#158194448Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:19 PM GMT

roblox IS a kids game.
UndefinedVariable
#158194513Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:21 PM GMT

I actually like this idea, support! what to heck
ZackTheNascar
#158194544Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:22 PM GMT

ROBLOX may be a "Kids" game but what is the definition of being a "kid"? Look at the company Nick. I'd say that company is surrounding kids but they also have an off-channel called "NickJR" for the younger ones that want to watch the programming. Which I think is an excellent idea since you wouldn't have "Bubble Guppies" and "iCarly" on the same channel would you?
UgOsMiLy
#158194602Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:23 PM GMT

But this was created a kids' game. Seeing someone 8-12 is not surprising.
UndefinedVariable
#158194667Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:25 PM GMT

ROBLOX is advertised as a kids game, but when you join you soon realize the active community is usually teenagers, and it's soon going to become a different game with all the updates that are being released. Soon, ROBLOX will become a place for game developers to build prototypes, or even full games! ROBLOX is changing, and it's changing fast. what to heck
UgOsMiLy
#158194884Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:30 PM GMT

But wouldn't it be hard to keep up two websites in one? And the "kids" can just lie about their age, like they do now
ZackTheNascar
#158194904Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:31 PM GMT

The community is advertised as a kids site but there is quite a difference in age. I've seen 7 year olds and I've seen 19 year olds on here. Quite a bit of difference don't ya think?
UgOsMiLy
#158195000Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:33 PM GMT

The community don't act like it, but it is, and like I said, anyone can lie about their age.
ZackTheNascar
#158195033Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:34 PM GMT

They might lie about their age but also ROBLOX can use IPs to track whether what accounts they have had in the past and that age they placed on the account originally and whichever site they go to will be based on that. But the account info should be transferred to the the other site and with everything they had. Also 7-9 year old don't usually lie but you never know. I mean there is nothing restricted to them but it gives them a choice to be with people that they can talk with instead of the older ROBLOX users.
UgOsMiLy
#158195211Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:38 PM GMT

But don't you think keeping up RBLX JR and ROBLOX as well will be hard.
ZackTheNascar
#158195513Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:44 PM GMT

Not really, I'm sure ROBLOX has the technology to do it. Just have two different sites run on the same server so when updates are released they are sent onto both sites, not going back and forth doing it. Or ROBLOX could hire more people to run the ROBLOX Jr site instead of them doing both sites.
UndefinedVariable
#158195527Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:45 PM GMT

The community is bigger than you think. There is Forumers [which also leads to multiple sub-groups of Forumers], LMaDers [which also leads to multiple sub-groups of LMaDers, and is even one of the sub-groups of Forumers], Developers, War Clans, Players [also leads to a sub-group of Players, based on what genre they enjoy, such as roleplayers, racers, sword fighters, first person shooters, etc.] And with Players, you're also split up with old players, new players, mature players [age doesn't matter with these people], immature players, young players, older players, etc. Most of the young players enjoy genres such as obstacle courses and role-playing, while mature players may like games that are well built, express detail and dedication to the project, and older players usually fall within the "mature players" category, but there are some immature older players that usually dress with the 3.0 characters and usually just go "trolling" people and having a good time. what to heck
UgOsMiLy
#158196037Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:56 PM GMT

But ROBLOX hiring more people, won't you think they'll lose money, since they have to pay more salary? And there could be trolls in ROBLOX JR, since everyone calls trolls "7 year olds"
TheeDarkLord
#158196695Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:10 PM GMT

WNTS An excerpt from their post is below. • Stop being a kids' site/give us 13+ features. (We're aware of the interest.)
Synnse
#158197081Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:17 PM GMT

This is a really good idea, But it would take up lots of money for ROBLOX admins. But then again they would get more money if two sites... Support!
InsanityIsMyEnemy
#158197372Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:22 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
magbi
#158197641Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:26 PM GMT

Support 100%
RocketchuRulz03
#158197735Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:28 PM GMT

Maybe instead of an entire new site, there would be two different modes. Kind of like how on Netflix there is Netflix Kids, and standard Netflix. If a user is signed as under 18, they will be in 'Roblox Junior', but still stay on Roblox.com?
InsanityIsMyEnemy
#158197861Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:30 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Adaxius
#158198360Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:40 PM GMT

If you want a kids site just so you can cuss on the normal site, then you are comfuzzled- because cussing would not be tolerated on any version of Roblox. This is supposed to be fun, not a place were people talk about ssexx and other inappropriate things. I agree it is annoying that when you need to appropriately use specific words, your risking a ban. Thanks.
NovusTheory
#158200438Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:17 PM GMT

I agree with @Xenith Maybe they could lift a little if you're using words appropriately Total Posts: 404 ---------- Not Found
TheDiamondSnake
#158200558Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:20 PM GMT

Support!
conquerors101
#158200686Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:23 PM GMT

I support this 100%
UgOsMiLy
#158202656Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:04 PM GMT

"If a user is signed as under 18" So ROBLOX would become an 18+ game?

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right