of     1   

BrendonTheWizard
#158392875Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:55 AM GMT

http://blog.roblox.com/2015/03/everything-you-need-to-know-for-egg-hunt-2015/ """""We know a lot of you have been eagerly awaiting news on the event""""" The community has been ranting about it ever since brighteyes tweeted about it in the first place! One well written out thread on ATR posted a few days ago has 1,500+ replies supporting it, and there's already groups protesting it! That's definitely a sign that everybody has been EAGERLY AWAITING it! Riiight! >TWISTED MURDER (aka one of the latest games to jump on the bandwagon and only got chosen because he got even more players than loleris) (and loleris also got his own egg this year, just saying) >SUPER BOMB SURVIVAL (wow, it's not like they have hosted multiple events here already!) (and just saying tylermcbride is a jerk, i've met the guy on the forums) >MINIGAMES (because everyone wants to look for eggs in minigames!) don't even get me started on the eggs >The "Sharing Egg of Gifting" requires somebody else to *buy* the egg and gift it to you >"HIPSTER EGG" (aka normal egg mesh with the 2010/2011 visor dragged onto it) requires you to wear the visor in order to collect it >"Admin Egg" requires an admin to spawn it (gee that admin-spawn mechanic sure worked out great in the halloween 2014 game!) the eggs aren't looking so good https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_8kbBTUkAAH-VA.jpg:large https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_8jsmTUIAAbDUt.jpg:large if you don't believe the twitter links, here's a roblox version of one of them, in the form of a texture http://www.roblox.com/TX-MadEgg-item?id=225850960
OTaoba
#158392970Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:57 AM GMT

ripull said you will not have to do minigames to get eggs you automatically enter in hunting mood and hes expanded the lobby to where it's like past egg hunts where you find the eggs "we can't afford your depression anymore"
VengenceVinny
#158393029Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:58 AM GMT

i must say color I love your rants also that minigame game is bad quality but they said he's turning the lobby into some huge world but Im not sure but that wouldnt work because mingames have lobby times of about 30 seconds MUMORPUGER
BrendonTheWizard
#158393150Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:00 AM GMT

@OTaoba that might be the one game out of the three where i actually consider playing in the "devhunt" @vengencevinny thank you and i'm not sure either, minigames aren't that great
FloralTigress
#158393895Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:12 AM GMT

"and just saying tylermcbride is a jerk, i've met the guy on the forums" I'm sure I know him better than you do, and as far as I can tell he's not a jerk. Plus, what does this have to do with the hunt? Besides, I think his game's going to be the best out of the three. Sometime about hunting eggs during a round in a closed, chaotic environment just seems like a whole lot of fun. The base game is already has fun with this with coins. The only game of the three I don't understand is Twisted Murderer... did the ROBLOX staff just feel obliged to have a murder game in this? At least it's better than no egg hunt. Remember the disappointment that was 2011? Without these devs there would be no egg this year I wouldn't bash an event before it actually starts. Wait until monday and THEN be Mr. Critic about it.
marshsay
#158394691Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:24 AM GMT

depending on how complicated it will be to obtain the eggs and the eggs themselves i may or may not participate or i may partially abstain from certain areas of the hunt like i did last year
BrendonTheWizard
#158398067Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:25 AM GMT

@millsbuddy Having had a negative encounter with him in the past relates to the hunt because that's a reason to not want to play his game. There's nothing good about trying to get eggs in a closed and chaotic area. I'd much rather have there not be a hunt, 2011 wasn't a disappointment because at least they simply didn't do one instead of making a rushed one in 2014 or putting eggs in popular games like they did this year and most every event last year. Chances are they put the murder game in there because they've continued to be popular for a long time, and they chose Taymaster because his murder game got the most money out of all of them (more money for him also means a lot more money for roblox) When we already know everything there is about the event - what games its in, what the eggs look like and what they're named (did you look at the twitter links?), the very concept of putting eggs into three popular games, everything it has to offer, why not formulate an opinion on it?
marshsay
#158455164Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:35 PM GMT

"There's nothing good about trying to get eggs in a closed and chaotic area." I dunno, sounds like Easter 2012 to me. In any case, I think Roblox is making bad decisions concerning events by placing them in certain places. It shows considerable bias towards select places, requiring people to enter these places in order to participate in said events. In other words, Roblox has recently been subsidizing fixed developers, something that makes it harder for new developers to be successful places because the subsidized developers are continually supported directly by Roblox events. Devs like TylerMcBride, loleris, and taymaster should be left to fend for themselves in the game market rather receive finances directly from Roblox. I'm ok with them posting a list of cool games they've found on the blog they'd like to get more attention once in a while, but forcing us to visit places we might otherwise like to avoid is too much.
yoshiandgoomba2
#158455457Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:38 PM GMT

what angers me the most is that we can't do anything about it
drpece231
#158455857Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:44 PM GMT

The egghunt needs more dank memes That way it can be Meme Hunt 2015
marshsay
#158456266Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:49 PM GMT

It's ironic really, they're trying to support new developers by supporting established developers.
LagginDragon
#158456397Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:51 PM GMT

agreed good game charles
mikeyman12ash
#158456465Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:52 PM GMT

At least Ripull Minigames and Super Bomb Survival aren't that bad I wouldn't played Twisted Murderer just for eggs though I'm respecting your privacy by knocking, but asserting my authority as a parent by coming in anyway!
VisorCollectorOf2014
#158456519Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:53 PM GMT

I'm fine with all the games but Twisted murder. It's just another copied murder idea, there's already like 4 that I know of. DrForce~ Add 5k posts
ThePro488
#158456601Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:54 PM GMT

">The "Sharing Egg of Gifting" requires somebody else to *buy* the egg and gift it to you >"HIPSTER EGG" (aka normal egg mesh with the 2010/2011 visor dragged onto it) requires you to wear the visor in order to collect it >"Admin Egg" requires an admin to spawn it (gee that admin-spawn mechanic sure worked out great in the halloween 2014 game!)" done
VisorCollectorOf2014
#158457087Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:00 PM GMT

">The "Sharing Egg of Gifting" requires somebody else to *buy* the egg and gift it to you" done [2] DrForce~ Add 5k posts
BrendonTheWizard
#158468152Monday, March 23, 2015 1:09 AM GMT

@yoshi yes what we need is the ability to create hats so that we can make our own egg hunt the only way that can be achieved to a degree is with Badges, and they require premium membership to even be active and obtainable
eprent
#158468204Monday, March 23, 2015 1:09 AM GMT

my blog post is better lol: https://twitter.com/ImEprent/status/579805395956441089
TheGreatCabbageGoat
#158468424Monday, March 23, 2015 1:12 AM GMT

admin egg = impossible This is OT, it does not have to make sense to make sense. -Malchizedek,
BrendonTheWizard
#158468485Monday, March 23, 2015 1:13 AM GMT

@eprent you're right, your blogpost IS better, i'd much rather play user created unofficial egg hunts
tankkiller567
#158468988Monday, March 23, 2015 1:19 AM GMT

">The "Sharing Egg of Gifting" requires somebody else to *buy* the egg and gift it to you" i don't think the admins are that stupid it might just be give the egg to someone else ">"HIPSTER EGG" (aka normal egg mesh with the 2010/2011 visor dragged onto it) requires you to wear the visor in order to collect it" i think you have to wear a hat from 2009 or earlier to get it at least from what i read on twitter Man, this subforum stinks. I hate these people. Who invited all these morons?
eprent
#158469081Monday, March 23, 2015 1:20 AM GMT

@Color Thank yah! I personally think the one by SplashJuice is awesome.
BrendonTheWizard
#158469446Monday, March 23, 2015 1:24 AM GMT

@tankkiller567 i hope so, even though i don't think i'd consider playing this egg hunt (definitely not taymaster or tylermcbride's games, i might try ripull's), the blogpost said "A gift is not something you buy for yourself, but for others." knowing roblox it might requite microtransactions and if the hipster egg really requires wearing the visor, that'd be pointless (even if not, it's still pointless) why wear an egg with a visor instead of just wearing the visor? even if it did just require an old hat, the egg looks like crap

of     1