of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

rockmax2112alt
#159641409Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

On the day's edition of the newspaper, instead of the dull, familiar titles, people read of something new and exhilarating, at least for discovery enthusiasts. After but a few weeks of wildlife observation in an underwater laboratory in the Indian Ocean, marine biologists in the facility face what was once a relaxed investigation effort, but now a worrying mystery as the corpse of James Hanson, head researcher is found, evidently forcefully shoved into his own locker. Up until that point, the operation had been running smoothly, and without even the most minor of incidents. After the death of their colleague, a few of the spooked biologists called for the mission to be aborted. Their decision was overruled by those who still hungered for knowledge, and that appears to be a fortunate choice. Shortly after, a Spanish wreck from the 1600s was discovered, and eagerly, the biologists reported it in. They are now launching investigations on the old ship to determine its historical and monetary value. It seemed like an interesting change from "Terrorists do something in the Middle east" Or "CEO of so and so steps down after so and so." But would the investigation go as planned? Would someone get hurt? As a precaution, the Private Military Company "Diamondback" was hired by the biologists. Currently, five members of the PMC were being inserted onto the laboratory. Historians were rearing up in excitement to see how much the sunken ship would reveal to the world. Excitement shrouded the fear of death. Note: Welcome to (Insert roleplay name here), a horror/mystery/supernatural roleplay created by Me, and oODwagonxX. As a result, these two are the only admins, unless we appoint a few, should the event of something admin-related and none being there. You play as a marine biologist, excited to discover the new and historical treasure, or you might be one of the biologists trying to abort the mission. Or, you could play as one of the 5 "Diamondback" PMC members. Please do note, I will need SOME roleplayers to die to advance the plot. You can volunteer willingly or I will forcefully do it. This roleplay will incorporate mechanics of Sanity, where if this level is down, the RPer will hallucinate and probably end up dying faster from the Paranormal Enmities that haunt the lab after it is explored. The moment the ship is explored, the moment the enemities will haunt the lab. The "Haunts" of the enmities could be anything from disabling the electricity in the lab, to someone dying. As per usual, the normal roleplaying rules are here, no godmodding, no metagaming, and absolutely no perfect and imperfect characters. This is a sort of prototype, so depending how this ends I may make a sequel or prequel, or this may improve my mechanics/writing in general. Your job as a biologist is to survey as much wildlife in the Indian Ocean as possible, and to analyze the wreck as much as possible. "Expeditions" are events where over half of the biologists are sent out to explore wildlife or a wreck. I choose what wildlife you get or what artifacts you find. Also, last but not least, there IS a way to stop the paranormal enmities from haunting everyone and thing, (commence girly voice) Buuut I'm not tellling you! (Hehe.) There is also NO outside communication with the world, so once the haunting starts you're on your own! == The LAB == The Oceanic, or the underwater lab you are staying in, is an important setting. There are seven main locations of the lab. 1.Bunks- The bunks are where, y'know, people sleep. Beds and items are stored here. 2. Cafeteria- Where people can grab the food provided. 3. Engine Room- The engine room is basically the heart of the entire laboratory. It contains the ballast tanks to allow the lab to ascend or descend. It also is where the generator is held, to keep electricity running. The generator runs on bio-electricity from the salt in the sea, so this can run forever. It can be tampered with to disable electricity. 4. Control Room- The control room is the brain of the Oceanic. It contains the controls to allow WiFi, whether the Fitting room door opens to allow divers to get out, and many other functions. It is manded by a captain. 5. Fitting Room- The fitting room is where biologists can suit up in diving suits and scuba gear. The door can open or close to allow divers in or out, and can be drained of water. 6. Investigation Room- This is the room where artifacts are carefully examined, as well as where sea life can be studied in tanks. There are many scientific tools in this room. 7. Leisure room- This is the room where biologists and PMC members can relax. There is a flat screen TV, an Orion gaming console (fictional gaming console), a computer, and a small snack and drink area. == THE CHARACTER SHEET == Biologists: Name: Age: Gender: Appearance: Biography: Items(include things like watches, memos, etc.): Other: PMC members: (Note, these people aren't special, but they have a chance of defence. A CHANCE.) Name Age: Gender: Appearance(Exclude clothing, you are provided with a uniform): Biography:
PickachuGirl
#159642807Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:35 PM GMT

i might uh, join. maybe. i guess. ))
littlemix2033
#159643397Tuesday, April 07, 2015 10:40 PM GMT

[ marked.
rockmax2112alt
#159646721Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:15 PM GMT

Bump comon guys yall liked the IC
Tortemarra
#159647702Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:26 PM GMT

Biologists: Name: Thenson Gordon Age: 26 Gender: Male Appearance: A tall skinny white skinny man with long black hair and black eyes. (YES, I AM LAZY) He wears a NY Yankee baseball camp when he can, and he wears a white coat with a green t-shirt under him. Biography: Born and raised in New York, he was always humble, quiet, and one to volunteer when needed. He took a interest in marine biology because he really liked seafood. More food for more people, less problems. He liked the opportunity because the ship may have accounts of other sea life. Items: paper with a paw print of his dog Other: HODOR
rockmax2112alt
#159647878Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:28 PM GMT

Please add a bit more on appearance. Just a few more sentences, please.
Tortemarra
#159648258Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:32 PM GMT

Biologists: Name: Thenson Gordon Age: 26 Gender: Male Appearance: A tall skinny white skinny man with long black hair and black eyes. (YES, I AM LAZY) He wears a NY Yankee baseball camp when he can, and he wears a white coat with a green t-shirt under him. He is about 6'4' inches tall. He has a 'tall' oval shaped head, with a small but noticable underbite. His hair goes down past his shoulders, so he sometimes puts it into a pony tail Biography: Born and raised in New York, he was always humble, quiet, and one to volunteer when needed. He took a interest in marine biology because he really liked seafood. More food for more people, less problems. He liked the opportunity because the ship may have accounts of other sea life. Items: paper with a paw print of his dog Other: HODOR
rockmax2112alt
#159648376Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:34 PM GMT

Grr. Would personally like height and weight but accepted, the cs is adequate.
Tortemarra
#159648828Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:38 PM GMT

I did put height in there. But uh, thanks. If you don't want me here, I could just leave if you want me to.
rockmax2112alt
#159649826Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:49 PM GMT

I don't mind you here. I'd like as many people as I can get.
sassygirl770
#159651252Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:03 AM GMT

Name: Melanie Sky Age: 27 Gender: Female Appearance: Short brown hair with blonde highlights. Pale. 5ft 8in tall. Blueish green eyes. I will finish it soon
birm123
#159652011Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:12 AM GMT

"Name: Melanie Sky" Am I the only one who finds this ironic considering the setting of the roleplay.
sassygirl770
#159652327Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:15 AM GMT

Fine then... Melanie Wolfanger
PickachuGirl
#159654761Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:47 AM GMT

Biologists: Name: Laria Marice Age: 27 Gender: Female Appearance: Laria is a 5'7" tall brown lady that looks to be very average. She has dark black hair which reaches to her shoulders, which is wavy but is very often in a bun or pony tail, and dark eyes with heavy bags under them. She usually wears a blue shirt and jeans under her long scientific lab coat. Very often she slouches because proper posture is overrated. Biography: She was born somewhere in New Hampshire, but was mostly raised in Chicago. She had an obsession of fish and generally marine life in her early, and a longing to see an ocean at least once in her life time. This caused her to take studies in marine biology. Items(include things like watches, memos, etc.): A watch, and a phone. Other: cries
silverhawk352
#159655053Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:52 AM GMT

PMC members: Name: Maxwell Maxis. Willion Age: 28 Gender: Male Appearance: Maxwell is more of a cardio focused build than buff build. He stands at 6.0ft and weighs around 180 pounds. Maxwell has light green-grey eyes, thick brown, messy hair and a rounded head. He sports a 5:00'oclock shadow and has a tribal tatoo sleeve on his left arm aswell. Most people veiw him as good looking. Biography: Maxwell grew up in Gatesville Texas on the outskirts of Fort Hood near a lake. He was always intregued with warfare and the lakes life system. He grew up loving everything about guns and water lifeforms.
rockmax2112alt
#159655101Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:53 AM GMT

Pik is accepted, sassy, that cs needs more detail.
silverhawk352
#159655357Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:56 AM GMT

[Damn that bio was not my best..]
rockmax2112alt
#159655505Wednesday, April 08, 2015 12:58 AM GMT

Uh, silver, change the first name because uh, reasons. biography is becoming how I am
sassygirl770
#159655865Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:04 AM GMT

Bio: Melanie was born on a farm on Streator Illinois. Life was hard but fine. Sadly she had to be homeschooled so she didn't learn that much. When she was 18 she left to college. She wasn't that smart so it took until she was 26 to complete it. When she was done she felt as if she should put the work she did as a farmer to use. She joined the PMC. How else would you do it'?
sassygirl770
#159656144Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:07 AM GMT

Appearance: Short neck length brown hair with blonde highlights. Slender. 5ft 8in tall. Pale. Blueish green eyes. Pointyish nose. Small hands and feet.
PickachuGirl
#159656177Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:07 AM GMT

theres' a thing called a word processer pls use it
rockmax2112alt
#159658895Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:46 AM GMT

Sassy, denied. No farmer (especially with a lack of intelligence) goes into a Private Military Company and gets hired.
silverhawk352
#159659561Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:54 AM GMT

Fine heres the new name. Name: Alexander Maxwell. Smith
rockmax2112alt
#159659929Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:00 AM GMT

Leave out maxwell k
silverhawk352
#159660169Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:02 AM GMT

OH MY GURD Name: Alexander Mathias. Smith

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right