of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

WatercressSpring
#160130933Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:16 AM GMT

❊⊰HƟŁƊƐƦS⊱❊ (Kind of a Dystopian/Power role-play.) ... ❊ƟP's ŊØƬƐ❊ Hi! You've probably never seen me make a role-play. That's because this is my first one (on this character, at least). Constructive criticism is always welcomed and even encouraged. Enjoy. - ❊IȠƮƦƟ❊ The male children were swarmed around Leo, as he always knew all of the gossip going around the training courtyard. All of the children had just returned from their evening meal, a meager tray of fruits and rice pudding, and Leo had promised to tell them some especially juicy information. “Alright,” Leo said, “Guess what The Blacksmithing Children were talking about today? Apparently a girl got caught with a boy! The girl was making fire dance between her fingers, and The Blacksmiths even say that she had feelings for him. The girl hugged the boy! That’s not even allowed guys, and she was sent to The Tower on THREE charges! Inappropriate contact from the hug, being a Holder from her fire power, and speaking to somebody of the other gender." He paused. “I even thought I heard murmurs from The Hunting Children about the matter. When somebody is taken to The Tower you’re not supposed to talk about it, but apparently the boy got taken to The Tower too for communicating with the girl because she had the special trait and-“ Jes, the lookout, ran into the common room. “Guys, guys, Trainer’s coming!” Immediately, all of the children headed for the dorms, climbing into their beds. The trainer entered the dorm area holding a lantern, scanning the room suspiciously for anything out of place. Finally satisfied, he left. “Coast’s clear,” Jes whispered from his bunk, “But we should probably go to bed to avoid suspicion.” The dorm room quieted, and eventually all of the children were asleep. - ❊ƤŁƟƮ❊ As babies and toddlers, all children are taken to The Nurtury. They grow up here, learning basic skill sets that pertain to each branch of knowledge. Some of the branches include things like weaving, cooking, science, or engineering. At the age of eight, each child is given a lengthy test called The Placement. The Placement includes many different tests inside of it, and records the answers of each child to place them in a certain branch of knowledge. Once placed, the child is sent from The Nurtury to the building that represents their branch of knowledge, and then trained to become masters of their art. Each building is placed in a wide circle around The Nurtury, and each representational building has their own courtyard and smaller buildings. People of different skill sets are to avoid communication with each other, as The Trainers say it could cause distraction and unwanted ‘feelings’. Perhaps this is why each representational building is split into two sections for each gender. Females never communicate with males, and vice-versa. However, the courtyard around The Nurtury is open for all people as long as there is no dialogue going on between people of different skill sets or genders. This rule is strongly enforced, as romantic feelings for others could damage productivity. At the age of eighteen, each person takes a test that determines where they will go. They could either become trainers, workers around the buildings, Nurtury helpers, or perhaps sent to work for the king at his palace in some occasions. At the age of sixty, elderly people are sent to The Elderly House, where they receive care until they die. Usually once a month, the king travels to the training buildings to see how everything is running. When the current king has an heir ready for marriage, the prince or princess is sent to the training buildings to select between the most skilled females or males of every branch of knowledge. This process ran smoothly for many years, until there were supposed sightings of children with powers. These children were called Holders. Most of these special children were caught during The Placement, then sent to the king’s palace. It is unknown what happened to Holders, but anybody who witnessed them using their powers was to report it immediately so they could be sent away. Recently, a place called The Tower was built, looming over the buildings of knowledge and The Nurtury. Now, this is where Holders are sent. The children even rumor that people who disobey rules are also sent there, and they are tortured and killed and sometimes experimented on. As the years progressed, the training building rules began to get even stricter, and more guards patrolled the courtyard. Slowly, it started to feel like a jail, and some children claimed that beyond the gate that sealed them from society was a paradise. A new rule was added to the list of the rules: Holders are to be taken to The Tower immediately. You, a Holder, have been hiding your powers. You were one of the lucky ones to pass The Placement unsuspected. Every night at midnight, you sneak out with other peers that are Holders to meet behind The Medicinal representation building. Here, you plot with others like you to accomplish one thing: Escape. - ❊MISCƐŁŁAƝƐØUS❊ You must have respect for your trainers. You must have respect for your peers. Everyday, you must complete your assignments before heading to the courtyard for recreational activities. There is absolutely no inter-mingling between genders. Males and females will never communicate with each other. You can not communicate with people of other skill sets. Curfew is at 9:00 p.m. At this time, you must be in bed asleep. Dress code (see below article) is strongly enforced. You must be properly dressed at all times. You are not allowed to carry any kind of weapon or item that could possibly cause harm. Holders are to be taken to The Tower immediately. ** Other rules, such as not arguing or fighting (Unless you are in the military or assassin branch), are not listed because they should be commonly known. ** Failure to respect and abide by the rules will result in being sent to The Tower. Male Uniform: Males will always wear their assigned branch of knowledge uniform during training hours. During recreational hours, males may wear the collared shirt of their training building color, slacks, and tennis shoes. When it is below 45 degrees HKN, they may wear jackets, gloves, boots, and multiple layers. During sleeping hours, males must wear pajama tops and pants of respectable colors. Female Uniform: Females will always wear their assigned branch of knowledge uniform during training hours. During recreation hours, females must wear a Hijab of their training building colors, and the loose garment they are given that covers the rest of their body. Additional layers under the loose garment is allowed when it is below 45 degrees HKN. During sleeping hours, females must wear pajama tops and pants of respectable colors. - ❊RUŁƐS❊ No Godmodding or Metagaming. No Mary Sues or Gary or Marty Stus; please make your character unique and with flaws. I ask that you please do not curse or deeply engage in romance. If you get banned for either of these things… well, I warned you. Do not mention things like automobiles, guns, etc. because they do not exist. You are allowed to have a maximum of two characters. Your power can not not not not be OP. For example, the ability to manipulate time or kill somebody in the snap of your fingers is not allowed. ❊CS❊ Name: Gender: Age (8-18): Appearance: Branch of Knowledge (Literature, music, pottery, hunting, etc.): Power: Personality (optional): Biography (3 sentence minimum): Other:
rockmax2112alt
#160131016Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:17 AM GMT

The giver sequel confirmed
WatercressSpring
#160131043Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:18 AM GMT

CSes will most likely be accepted tomorrow unless you're really fast.
WatercressSpring
#160131245Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:21 AM GMT

Definitely stole some names from The Giver. Everything else is original.
WatercressSpring
#160131340Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:22 AM GMT

At the age of eighteen, each person takes a test that determines where they will go. They could either become trainers, workers around the buildings, Nurtury helpers, or perhaps sent to work for the king at his palace in some occasions. - Not eighteen. Eight. EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT EIGHT.
rockmax2112alt
#160131862Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:30 AM GMT

Literally this entire rp is "The roleplay where you get to find out what the nurturing center is like"
k3rl343
#160131927Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:31 AM GMT

i woould make a cs now but im to lazy otherwise, marked Tнe poѕѕιвιlιтιeѕ αre eхтreмely lιмιтed
rockmax2112alt
#160132021Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:32 AM GMT

Someone has marked this the countdown from disaster has begun
DaichiAkane
#160132076Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:32 AM GMT

Someone has marked this the countdown from disaster has begun marked x2
InfraredChasm
#160132109Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:33 AM GMT

Name: Newt Ferguson Gender: Male Age (8-18): 12 Appearance: Mostly seen with his black sleeveless jacket, white cargo pants, and a t-shirt that says "Light 'em up". Always seen with a white scarf. Branch of Knowledge (Literature, music, pottery, hunting, etc.): A very hunter. He knew every way about how to throw a knife at the perfect angle so it would almost cut right through one side of the skull. (Implying that I want to be an assassin) Power: Newt can quite literally eat, emit, and control fire. He can change its properties so that it could boost him or increase his power. This all, however makes him tired and sleepy. Mostly hungry though. Personality (optional): A very reckless person. He's also a blockhead and a wild person. Though, loyalty to his friends is his redeeming point. Biography (3 sentence minimum): Newt first discovered how to use his powers at the age of 6. He's heard lots of stories about what happened to holders though, which scared the living soul inside of him. This, however did not stop him from sneaking out and playing with his powers. Other: From now on, this will be my main character.
PawzKat
#160132156Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:34 AM GMT

I liked the Giver dystology. marked.
rockmax2112alt
#160132253Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:35 AM GMT

I swear I'm five seconds away from pushing the detonator AFTER ABOUT FIVE DAYS I MAKE A SU MASHUP THAT MANY SHOWED INTEREST AND ONE PERSON JOINS THATS IT FOUR SECONDS
PickachuGirl
#160132328Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:36 AM GMT

Marked
rockmax2112alt
#160132419Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:37 AM GMT

Are you intentionally trying to push the buttons of disaster
PawzKat
#160132445Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:38 AM GMT

SU? Steven Universe?
rockmax2112alt
#160132603Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:40 AM GMT

No really pawz it totally doesn't stand for Barrack Obama or anything
birm123
#160132606Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:40 AM GMT

Interaction is extremely limited. It's actually a pretty good concept, but if boys and girls are not allowed to communicate, as well as people from other skill sets, then interaction is restricted to a great degree.
PawzKat
#160132647Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:40 AM GMT

I skimmed it, but I didn't really pick out anything. My skimming sucks.
rockmax2112alt
#160132677Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:41 AM GMT

Facepalm im crying
PawzKat
#160132720Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:41 AM GMT

I'm doped up on pain meds. I don't get it.
birm123
#160132923Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:44 AM GMT

To the guillotine with you!
PawzKat
#160132995Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:45 AM GMT

I have a migraine, I can't think right, lol.
rockmax2112alt
#160133016Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:45 AM GMT

Im depressed like I have no self esteem whatsoever like no willpower to do anything
DaichiAkane
#160133210Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:47 AM GMT

Im depressed like I have no self esteem whatsoever like no willpower to do anything want some of my self-esteem? Cause right now my amour propre is very incredibly inflated and i love it
birm123
#160133228Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:48 AM GMT

Then you and I, we are not much different, Rock! While my self esteem as slowly been raising, it is still far down in the depths of Tartarus! pls help me

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right