chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

Tesero
#195822341Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:29 PM GMT

"Glad I joined in June, because it would've been a lot more awkward with Swed still around. A lot more awkward. " I find it strange that you know Swed and yet claim to have joined just last June. Maybe is it because you're secretly an alt of Soardlo?
Perambulation
#195822660Wednesday, August 10, 2016 1:36 PM GMT

I think I already explained I had another account during the late 2013 to early 2014-ish era, until I changed to this account, my alt. I've also already explained my history with the RPF in another thread, but I guess you didn't see that. (copied post from other thread) For me, my RP timeline begins with late 2013, around November to December-ish. This was back when I was using my old account, trying to join in various RPs and testing out my skills as a RPer. This was when the Powers RP, by leggogreggo, and Chaotic Disturbance, by SwedishLemon, were huge RPs. I ended up joining both, but got outed for using a crossover character instead of an original one. Sure, I was humiliated for the plagiarism, but it was just a trial for me. I couldn't really think of a character on my own at the time, so I chose one from an obscure Japanese tokusatsu show. After leaving the RPF for some time, I began to plan my return through an original RP on my own. I named the project "Silentium", and I began to plan out the rough draft around summer of 2014. It wasn't until June of 2015 that I had the bravery to finally release my first RP, Silentium. I had posted a couple of teasers, but people generally did not seem too enthusiastic about it. After finally publishing the RP, I managed to get a couple of joiners, getting the RP to about 11 pages before it finally died. My next attempt was titled Fractured. This RP was influenced by an anime series that was going on at the time - GATE: And Thus the JSDF Went There, where a modern army enters a mysterious gate to a medieval world and battle the forces there. I thought to myself, why not try the concept with a futuristic, Sci-Fi army vs a medieval, magic one? Fractured took only a fraction of the time that Silentium took to develop, taking about a month to write out and finalize. The RP got to about 23 pages before it died off, which isn't bad at all. I always planned Fractured as a sort of prequel to Silentium, which I planned to revamp later on once I get more experience with RP writing. This was the start of my RP series, which I call the Sigma Sector Chronicles. The next RP after Fractured was Oracle:REV. I planned this one out as a small, survival RP that was similar to Lost in a way. Unfortunately, because Oracle:REV was always designed to be small, it only got to about 20 pages before I gave it a proper ending. Still, not bad for a new RPer. The fourth RP I wrote was Aether, and this is where things really took off for me. Aether was the direct prequel to Silentium, and I finally introduced the Silentians to the Sigma Sector Chronicles Universe. The faction-warfare style RP really resonated with many of the RPers here, and I managed to get this RP to about 39 pages, counting the original thread that got deleted with 11 pages. This is when I started to be successful with my RPs around here. Finally, I released the revamped Silentium, my fifth RP to be created. I took the original concepts within Silentium and modified it to fit my new lore for the Sigma Sector Chronicles, eliminating the weird inconsistencies that the original had in regards to the Sigma Sector Chronicles Universe. This RP got a moderate following, getting to about 28 pages before I ended it. By this time, I had a following of RPers that were fans of my work. And here we are, the sixth RP being Gargantuan. Originally, the first RP, Silentium, was always planned to have giant robots and giant monsters alongside the normal infantry and Ghouls. In short, Gargantuan and Silentium were originally planned to be one giant RP, but I felt that it would be too hectic to have giant robots and giant monsters as well as infantry and Ghouls. Right now, Gargantuan has 34 pages, along with separate ISRP threads for the current ARC 5 storyline. There you have it; my entire history on the RPF. It's been a really crazy journey to say the least.
PurringThunder
#195835211Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:29 PM GMT

so, danny
Drakthir
#195835668Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:35 PM GMT

RPN wiped every RP on their site with the completely unnecessary update, and this place has Perambulation necrobumping like a jackass... Maybe I should just quit RPing, since apparently /every/ damn forum out there has its own way of completely sucking ass. -_-
PurringThunder
#195836228Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:42 PM GMT

i think there's a site called creative freedom or something but i haven't actually looked at the roleplaying there yet but like, these aren't the only forums
Perambulation
#195836726Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:48 PM GMT

Ayy, welcome to the insider's club Purring.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2