of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

DesiredShark
#162254038Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:41 PM GMT

I have never released any private credentials about my account. However, one day, I was hacked. Yes, an account on ROBLOX can be taken over. Don't deny it. Whenever you log on your e-mail account and check your inbox, ROBLOX sends an alert that your account is being taken over. A confirmation should be sent with a receipt of purchases after ROBLOX sent the alert. If you say "no", then ROBLOX would freeze your account and IP ban the person who tried hacking your account. After the ban, you can safely resume normal activities on the account. "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." - Lao Tzu
DesiredShark
#162254196Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:44 PM GMT

B
DesiredShark
#162254255Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:45 PM GMT

B1 "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." - Lao Tzu
DailyPoutine
#162254881Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:55 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
mw2ismylife
#162255023Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:57 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
xDisturbance
#162255053Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:58 PM GMT

So, if someone hacked into the account and changed the email address, they could IP ban the actual user? NO!
battlecruiser12
#162255168Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:59 PM GMT

They should make it so that you have to prove that you own the account to be able to change the email in my opinion.
DesiredShark
#162256240Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:17 PM GMT

"So, if someone hacked into the account and changed the email address, they could IP ban the actual user?" No, no, no. I'm saying if someone hacked into the account and changed any credentials, they ban any account from the IP address who changed the credentials. However, if anyone changed any credentials, a verification would be sent to the previous e-mail of the account. "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." - Lao Tzu
Secretiveness
#162257225Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:37 PM GMT

How will the system find out if someone has ”hacked” into your account? Witchcraft? Perhaps the same witchcraft that the thiefs ”hacked” you with? As the only ways they can ”hack” without you giving any important info anywhere are - 1 - Keyloggers - Malware which records what keys you press. Avoided by not downloading suspicious things or scanning your downloads. 2 - PW guessing - Avoided by not having something extremely obvious. 3 - Brute force attacks - Either manually or automatically lots of possible characters combinations are put in the PW section to find the PW. Avoid by making a long PW. A single extra letter can even multiply time taken by a lot. A 12 letter one can take literally over 2 billion times as long than a 6 letter one to be found this way.
DesiredShark
#162257898Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:48 PM GMT

'How will the system find out if someone has ”hacked” into your account?' How does Chase's system find out if someone has hacked into your account? Or Anthem Bluecross? Or Target? Engineering and programming. Using sarcasm just triggers your lack of authority in a debate by the way. "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." - Lao Tzu
Sulfone
#162264564Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:33 PM GMT

"Whenever you log on your e-mail account and check your inbox, ROBLOX sends an alert that your account is being taken over." I would understand this properly if you re-worded it, but I'll ask these questions: 1. Does it send you an alert if someone logs in your account, or every time you open your inbox? 2. If the former in question 1 is the trigger for the alarm, does it require the IP to be different than your one? I'll also list some scenarios below and question what would happen after them with this update: Scenario A: Alice is out on vacation (this could also work if she is simply not online and ). Bob guesses Alice's log-in information and gets on Alice's account. The system picks this up and send an alarm to Alice, who isn't there to see it. Meanwhile Bob wastes all money on Alice's account, breaks rules with it and gets it terminated. Additionally, Bob may or may not be using a proxy to change his IP. Scenario B - something if in scenario A the result would be Alice having her account re-given and her purchases given a rollback: Charlie is a mischievous trader with a semi-famous place. Charlie decides to abuse the system Alice used to recover her account. Charlie logs out and changes his IP. Charlie then trades every limited he has, later selling his traded limited for an extremely low price price. This lowers the RAP of those limited items and potentially collapses their value. Then he spends all of his money to purchase dozens of items of several different limiteds. They are all sold for a extremely low price, crashing the value of those limiteds. Now Charlie adds extremely inappropiate things to his place and spams the forums with it. He is quickly terminated. Then Charlie changes his IP, says "no" on his alarm mail and claims he got hacked. His termination has been evaded and he is unpunished, as everyone would think a different "hacker" did it. It gets much worse when the rollback is done, with a cascading rollback taking place messing up other traders. The values of the ruined limiteds remain low for a long time. This is because there has been time for panicked owners to hastily dispose of the limiteds to minimise losses.
kessi
#162264755Saturday, May 16, 2015 9:36 PM GMT

Just like GMAIL it should block out a suspicous I.P and email you to allow or deny it. Simple.
battlecruiser12
#162273089Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:42 PM GMT

@Metric Scenario A wouldnt be possible since Bob only has the PW to the Roblox account, and not the email-account, which makes it impossible to get into the Roblox account since he can't access the authentication mail.
dragon3668girl
#162273911Saturday, May 16, 2015 11:53 PM GMT

No  
Sulfone
#162274541Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:02 AM GMT

@battlecruiser12 In the scenario Bob doesn't go on Alice's mail. He gets Alice's account terminated, but Alice is offline so she can't see the alarm. Therefore the two options are: Keep the account terminated, which dismissed the point of having this system. or Restore the account and therefore make scenario B a possibility.
dragon3668girl
#162275406Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:12 AM GMT

Agreed  
NovaMagic
#162276534Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:27 AM GMT

i like kessi's idea
RBXChris
#162276660Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:29 AM GMT

"Just like GMAIL it should block out a suspicous I.P and email you to allow or deny it. Simple." -- That's basically like two step verification. ROBLOX should implement one.
battlecruiser12
#162302237Sunday, May 17, 2015 9:05 AM GMT

@Metric What i mean, is that Bob can't access the roblox account at all since he can't access the authentication email.
darkline1
#162315617Sunday, May 17, 2015 3:13 PM GMT

[rfa#purgedbyauthor]
DesiredShark
#162321596Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:34 PM GMT

"GUYS, I NEVER GOT HACKED, I JUST GAVE MY CREDENTIALS TWICE, OMG, THERE IS LITTERALLY NO, YES, LITTERALLY, NO *CENSORED* WAY TO GET HACKED, ONLY IF YOU EVER GAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS TO SEMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 (CHANGE YOUR CREDENTIALS *YOUR LOGIN NOT USERNAME* TO BE SURE ONLY YOU KNOW IT!)" >I get hacked by some unknown third party >I never gave out my credentials >Security breaching/hacking is possible >Your argument is invalid "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." - Lao Tzu
IronForumer
#162321734Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:36 PM GMT

That, or you were just PGed. expert of rustling jimmies
xDisturbance
#162365805Monday, May 18, 2015 1:50 AM GMT

Scenario: Jacob is doing really bad things on ROBLOX. He does good things at his house where parents are watching, but really bad stuff at his friend, Billy's, house, where he has nobody watching him. Jacob gets his account banned while he's doing bad stuff at Billy's house. He then claims that the IP that was in the account from Billy's house was some hacker, and he gets his account back. He keeps doing this as he pleases, and Billy gets IP banned. Jacob can do whatever he wants with the hacker excuse, but also, if Billy wanted to join ROBLOX, he can't because his IP has been banned. That's one bad scenario.
DapperNarwhal
#162370569Monday, May 18, 2015 3:03 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
sylveon_ismywaifu
#162370664Monday, May 18, 2015 3:04 AM GMT

my internet almost broke from this raging hacker

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right