of     1   

TheInfamousCatwoman
#164240559Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:51 AM GMT

The city of Glendale stopped it's arena contract... http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=770543
LolCanucksSuck
#164240691Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:53 AM GMT

I hope they move to Saskatoon
TheInfamousCatwoman
#164241353Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:01 AM GMT

I mean they could just jump to somewhere else in Arizona. However out of the state, they would most likely go to Las Vegas. NHL Studies show nothing but green lights for a Las Vegas Hockey club and an NHL-ready Arena is already under construction.
ebenton95
#164241466Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:03 AM GMT

Las Vegas would just be another train wreck of an NHL team tbh
JoePaterno
#164241957Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:09 AM GMT

Just move them to Seattle already. They'd be able to stay in the same geographical division, it's a much better hockey market (and sports market in general) than Phoenix/Glendale, and they could just play in the Tacoma Dome until the new arena is finished.
JoePaterno
#164242287Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:14 AM GMT

I'm aware that the Tacoma Dome would look ugly as hell for hockey, but it's a better alternative than literally anything in the state of Arizona that isn't Glendale.
doctorgonzo
#164242356Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:15 AM GMT

the team isn't moving. the owner is fighting this in court. phoenix and the greater phoenix area is a good place for hockey. our stupid canadian bias shouldn't ignore that
JoePaterno
#164242465Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:17 AM GMT

"phoenix and the greater phoenix area is a good place for hockey. our stupid canadian bias shouldn't ignore that" Except it's not a good place for hockey at all. You don't need to have a Canadian bias to know this. The Glendale city council isn't Canadian.
doctorgonzo
#164243152Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:27 AM GMT

it is a good place for hockey. ASU just set up their own div 1 hockey team. the #1 draft pick next year is from arizona. the coyotes were trying to get the WJC in glendale before this came along. USA hockey reported a 50% increase in registered members from arizona from last year alone. AZ has more registered players than the state of washington, and had a 50% increase in membership from last year alone. people know nothing about arizona hockey except for their stupid biased opinions that they should move based on a few bad deals made years ago
JoePaterno
#164243310Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:29 AM GMT

"ASU just set up their own div 1 hockey team." Alabama-Huntsville has a Division 1 hockey team. Is Alabama a good place for hockey? "the #1 draft pick next year is from arizona." Matthews is going to be #2. I sincerely hope he does go to Europe next season like it's being said that it is, just so the NHL scouts can see how much better JP is. "the coyotes were trying to get the WJC in glendale before this came along." There were also US bids coming from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and another city which I forgot (Tampa?)
JoePaterno
#164243459Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:31 AM GMT

I'm aware that your opinion is that everyone should get a chance, but Arizona has blown its chance with the NHL. I've never seen a single sports franchise in my life being involved in so many relocation/takeover talks in such a short time.
sportsfan1414
#164243567Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:33 AM GMT

Tbh move the coyotes to an actual hockey state in Wisconsin. Where the name "coyotes" actually makes sense.
LolCanucksSuck
#164243586Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:33 AM GMT

I agree with cap
doctorgonzo
#164243693Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:34 AM GMT

"Alabama-Huntsville has a Division 1 hockey team. Is Alabama a good place for hockey?" you're missing the point. the growth and development of hockey in arizona in recent years has been staggering, and we shouldn't toss that away because "quebec/seattle/hamilton/saskatoon deserves a team" "Matthews is going to be #2. I sincerely hope he does go to Europe next season like it's being said that it is, just so the NHL scouts can see how much better JP is." yeah no bias here. at least matthews registered a point in this year's WJC "There were also US bids coming from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and another city which I forgot (Tampa?)" what's your point here? the coyotes had a solid case. hockey is develop
rees66
#164243723Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:35 AM GMT

coyotes could just play at suns arena
doctorgonzo
#164243884Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:37 AM GMT

"I'm aware that your opinion is that everyone should get a chance, but Arizona has blown its chance with the NHL. I've never seen a single sports franchise in my life being involved in so many relocation/takeover talks in such a short time." did you casually forget the entire drama with the penguins which lasted for years on end until they became relevant again or are you just using selective bias
dannygopher9100
#164243941Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:38 AM GMT

If Wisconsin ever gets a NHL team I will commit seppaku Ravioli ravioli, give me the formuoli
doctorgonzo
#164244013Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:40 AM GMT

FYI: the penguins went bankrupt in 1998, and the relocation drama didn't end until they announced a new arena in 2007 give teams a chance. there is no need to destroy something good and wonderful just because "durr hockey is canada"
perrandude
#164244043Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:40 AM GMT

"(and sports market in general) than Phoenix/Glendale," pretty debatable
JoePaterno
#164244577Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:49 AM GMT

"you're missing the point. the growth and development of hockey in arizona in recent years has been staggering, and we shouldn't toss that away because "quebec/seattle/hamilton/saskatoon deserves a team"" Oregon's hockey growth is literally three times better than Arizona's, and it still seems like they'd need a miracle to get a NHL team, while Las Vegas is seemingly greenlighted to get one in the next few years despite the sport having much, much lower growth rates. Hawaii also has a larger growth rate for hockey than Arizona. "yeah no bias here. at least matthews registered a point in this year's WJC" Points don't always mean everything. JP was extremely unlucky (I think he hit the post maybe 7 times in that tournament) was considered to be Finland's best player by some in that tournament, even more so than this year's #1 European pick Mikko Rantanen. It's also more ideal to compare two players based on their performance in the same league, and there's been rumors that Matthews is going to play in Finland, although the most likely option seems to be Switzerland. His good performances in the US Baby League isn't going to entirely carry over to a much, much better league where he actually has to play against grown men just like that. Comparing players using an international tournament is like trying to say that Tyler Toffoli is better than Anze Kopitar, when every fan in the world knows that's entirely false.
JoePaterno
#164244841Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:53 AM GMT

"did you casually forget the entire drama with the penguins which lasted for years on end until they became relevant again or are you just using selective bias" Unlike Arizona, there were actually people in Pittsburgh who cared enough about the team to try to keep them there, and they succeeded. The Coyotes relocation talk has gone literally nonstop since 2008. Every single year there is talk about it and, most of the time, evidence to suggest that it might actually happen that year. I don't remember Pittsburgh relocation being talked about at all during the period between 2002 to 2006 when they were absolutely ass.
doctorgonzo
#164245074Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:57 AM GMT

"Oregon's hockey growth is literally three times better than Arizona's," uhhhhh no it didn't. arizona grew by 50% last year, so oregon would have to grow by 150%. they went from 2100 members in 2013-14 to 2500 members in 2014-15. stop pulling things out of your ass "and it still seems like they'd need a miracle to get a NHL team, while Las Vegas is seemingly greenlighted to get one in the next few years despite the sport having much, much lower growth rates." season's tickets numbers say otherwise "Hawaii also has a larger growth rate for hockey than Arizona." lol no it doesn't. they went from 19 to 15. did you even bother to look this up? hockey USA's site publishes these things every year. 2013-14: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0039/9585/2013-14_Final_Report.pdf 2014-15: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0077/6505/2014-15_Memebership_Reports.pdf "Points don't always mean everything. JP was extremely unlucky (I think he hit the post maybe 7 times in that tournament) was considered to be Finland's best player by some in that tournament, even more so than this year's #1 European pick Mikko Rantanen." yeah okay time to start making excuses how do you explain matthews scoring twice as many points as puljujarvi in the U18 tournament? still unlucky? "It's also more ideal to compare two players based on their performance in the same league," i think the fact that they participated in the same competition bears more weight "and there's been rumors that Matthews is going to play in Finland, although the most likely option seems to be Switzerland." okay "His good performances in the US Baby League isn't going to entirely carry over to a much, much better league where he actually has to play against grown men just like that." his good performances on the world stage means more "Comparing players using an international tournament is like trying to say that Tyler Toffoli is better than Anze Kopitar, when every fan in the world knows that's entirely false." except kopitar is a better PPG international performer than toffoli, so i don't know what your point is anymore
doctorgonzo
#164245355Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:02 AM GMT

"Unlike Arizona, there were actually people in Pittsburgh who cared enough about the team to try to keep them there, and they succeeded." uhhhh no one cared about the penguins for so long. gary bettman either had to block every jim basille attempt to buy the team, or wait till he messed up and no longer had the money even mario lemieux admitted he was very close to moving the team "The Coyotes relocation talk has gone literally nonstop since 2008." no it hasn't "Every single year there is talk about it and, most of the time, evidence to suggest that it might actually happen that year." that speculation is purely driven by idiot fans who want a team in quebec for some reason. hockey insiders disprove it year in year out "I don't remember Pittsburgh relocation being talked about at all during the period between 2002 to 2006 when they were absolutely ass." http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2788701 they literally nearly moved
doctorgonzo
#164245395Thursday, June 11, 2015 4:03 AM GMT

the penguins were closer to moving out of pittsburgh then the coyotes have been for moving out of arizona. this is fact

of     1