of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Z0rr0w
#164265723Thursday, June 11, 2015 2:17 PM GMT

Original Thread: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=164186655 Name: Draiu [Long A, 'iu' pronounced as long U] Age: 25 Gender: M Appearance [Physical and Clothing]: Blonde hair, blue eyes. Stands about 6'2". Appears to weigh in at about 120 or so pounds, give or take about 5. Has a scar above his right eye, extending around the eye and stops about the cheekbone. The eye itself is blind. More information on this injury would be given later, although it is assumed that it was an accident with one of his clients' horses. Wears a leather vest and some dull-colored fabric underneath. Usually green of sorts. Pants are usually dark-colored, ranging from dark gray to pitch black, and made from fabric. Current Occupation: Horseshoer Biography: Born into the peasant population, Draiu's parents managed to scrape by with their horseshoeing business. Draiu had two siblings; two sisters. Draiu's childhood was pretty uneventful, but when his parents died his sisters went off to do their own thing, so it was up to Draiu to carry on the family business. Do you want to skip exposition?: No. Other: Dirty, dirty peasant. You've amounted to nothing in your life, and have hit a dead-end. Currently, you live on a plot of land that's about an hour's walk away from the city of Lowcliffe, which happens to be the closest settlement to you. You've lived on this land for all your life, and it's likely that will continue to be the case for you. A small cabin is built upon this land, and hasn't seen any sort of renovations or changes in your lifespan. You haven't seen your sisters or head from them for the longest time, and you don't have a clue what they're doing with their lives. At least they weren't shoeing horses though. Your clients consisted mostly of hunters (both the animal and monster killing varieties), guardsmen, jockeys, and couriers. Most of your clients bring their own horseshoes, but on occasion you have to provide the shoes. Today was Sunday. For most people, this was their day off. But not for you, as you have to keep your business open for all days during the week so you can pay for your necessities in life. The sun was just starting to rise, and in about four hours you'd be opening shop and waiting for people to come by. But, as it's Sunday and most people have the day off, today wouldn't be very busy. Looking through all your supplies for the day, you see you're running a bit low on horseshoes. It's doubtful you'd need them today, but if you were so inclined, you'd have to take a walk to the city to purchase horseshoes. While you're in the city, maybe you could take a look around, see what's going on in the world. The city is just about the farthest you ever get from home, anyway. You do not have your own horse, on account of you barely having enough money to cover food and taxes.
jailbreak952
#164283753Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:16 PM GMT

Prepare to trek to the city, and hang a sign that says "OUT FOR SUPPLIES" somewhere obvious.
jailbreak952
#164284121Thursday, June 11, 2015 7:21 PM GMT

Oh, I don't love horses Im trying to keep away from my cliche "IM A BLACKSMITH" or "GOD DAMN I LOVE BEING A MERCHANT"
Z0rr0w
#164324704Friday, June 12, 2015 4:01 AM GMT

Your preparations for your trip include you putting on your satchel filled with a few supplies. A canteen of water, about 20 Suzus*, and a loaf of bread. You hang up the sign at the front of your cabin and are now ready to head to the city. There are two routes into the city. The main road is the one you usually take, which is about an hour of walking. There's also a path that goes through a forest, which shortens your travel time to thirty minutes. The forest always did feel a bit creepy though. Something just seemed to be a bit off about it. *Universal paper currency used by all kingdoms. It came into wide circulation, likely because the front of each bill has a picture of a cute girl on it.
jailbreak952
#164326320Friday, June 12, 2015 4:32 AM GMT

Proceed into the forest with extreme caution.
Z0rr0w
#164327896Friday, June 12, 2015 5:02 AM GMT

As you walk through the forest, you see that the path is fairly straight, cutting right through the forest. Continuing through, you note that there's a low mist hanging, one that limits your view greatly, but not enough to the point where you're unable to see the path. The forest is devoid of sound. Birds fail to chirp, and animals fail to let out their cry. The only sound you hear is your footsteps and your own breathing. But, soon, you hear something else. The sound of a flute playing, not too far from the beaten path. Whether you'd like to continue on your way, or investigate the sound is up to you.
jailbreak952
#164327996Friday, June 12, 2015 5:05 AM GMT

Continue on the path, for all I know that flute could be a siren call.
Z0rr0w
#164328292Friday, June 12, 2015 5:12 AM GMT

You ignore the beautiful sound and eventually find yourself towards the end of the forest, with the city of Lowcliffe in sight. Just as you're about to leave, you hear a sick cackling. A being, with the head and torso of a human, and the lower body of a snake slithers from underneath the reeds, rising up and towering above you. Her chest is completely bare, covered only by her long red hair. "Human, you musssssst pay the toll," she says, her forked tongue moving up and down outside of her mouth as she pronounces the 's.'
jailbreak952
#164329143Friday, June 12, 2015 5:36 AM GMT

Inquire the toll. How much do I have to pay?
Z0rr0w
#164329405Friday, June 12, 2015 5:44 AM GMT

You say something very vague and unspecific, which prompts a response from the woman. "It dependssssssss mortal, how much do you have with you?"
jailbreak952
#164329843Friday, June 12, 2015 5:56 AM GMT

tell her my entire contents, minus the bread and about 5 Suzus.
Z0rr0w
#164330036Friday, June 12, 2015 6:01 AM GMT

You say something else that's vague and unspecific. For some reason, you fail to convince her, probably because you didn't pick your words correctly (or rather, pick your words at all. Seriously, play a character, not some floating being that happens to look like a person and can communicate. Write your dialogue). "But you are going to Lowcliffe, aren't you?" the woman asks, slithering around you, seeming to move closer and closer, "sssssssurely you'd have to bring more than that with you." You see her slowly reaching out her hand towards your satchel.
jailbreak952
#164330636Friday, June 12, 2015 6:17 AM GMT

"Hey, don't touch my satchel! Only I get to touch that!" Reach into my bag and produce about 10 Suzus and half a loaf of bread.
Z0rr0w
#164330868Friday, June 12, 2015 6:23 AM GMT

Before you reach into your satchel, the woman snatches it away from you in a single fluid motion. Quickly slithering away, she starts digging through, before looking up with a disappointed expression. "Well, perhapssssss you don't have much," she says, dropping your bag on the ground and moving back towards you, running the back of her hand along your cheek and wrapping her other arm around your waist. A sickening grin grows on her face. "Then, ssssshould I extract your life as payment?" she asks.
jailbreak952
#164331060Friday, June 12, 2015 6:29 AM GMT

"Listen lady, I already almost lost my life once to one of you bastards, and frankly, the way my business is going, I'm ready to die. I've lived life to the fullest it's gonna get for me. Day in, day out, making horse shoes for these damned rich folk. So, if you really want to kill me, go ahead, I'm all for it. Just don't expect anybody to miss me. My sisters are off doing their own things, my parents are dead, I have no family. My clients will just find new horseshoers. However, if you don't want to kill me, I expect my satchel, and at least some of my supplies back and I'll be on my merry way." Spread my arms out wide like I'm expecting something. [inb4 too long of a speech and she kills me half way through] [inb4 she actually kills me]
Z0rr0w
#164331634Friday, June 12, 2015 6:43 AM GMT

"Foolish child," the woman says, running her long fingernail down your chest, "I gain nothing from your death here. In fact, you'd jusssssssst taint my foresssst with your dead sssssstench. But, I've everything to gain from watching you ssssssquirm and ssssseeing you in pain as life leavessssssss you." With that, the woman leans in and sinks her fangs into your neck. You feel something enter your bloodstream. And soon, you feel a crippling pain coarse through your body. You fade in and out of consciousness until you fall to the ground. Your satchel falls down onto your back and you see the woman slither away. You can barely stand up, yet, you feel the need to push on. The end of the forest and entrance to the city is just ahead. There, perhaps you could find help.
jailbreak952
#164331995Friday, June 12, 2015 6:53 AM GMT

Well, obviously its a poison of sorts, and I'm not prepared for that, so I guess I just need to attempt to crawl at least out of the forest with my remaining strength. [Hey, I tried to save myself, and it kind of worked. Kind of.]
Z0rr0w
#164334890Friday, June 12, 2015 8:33 AM GMT

You manage to crawl out onto the road outside of the forest. However, your arms soon fail you, and you find it impossible to continue dragging your body around. You set your head down and hear the heavy, four-legged footsteps. Looking up, a blurry figure is riding upon a blurry horse. As your vision leaves you, the figure reaches out his hand. You awake on a warm bed, tucked in underneath the blankets. You hear the crackle of a fireplace. Looking to your side, you see you're in a fairly well furnished log cabin. Hung up on the walls are various bones, skulls, and whole heads of creatures you've never seen before. You notice the blankets are actually furs of some animal. Similarly, the carpets are fur too, but a different kind and colour. A nightstand is next to the bed, with a cup of some warm liquid on top. There's a note next to the cup.
jailbreak952
#164334968Friday, June 12, 2015 8:36 AM GMT

Read note, and wonder where the hell I am.
Z0rr0w
#164399033Saturday, June 13, 2015 4:22 AM GMT

You pick up the note and read it. Thankfully, your parents had sought to provide you with the knowledge of reading, because reading is power. The note is in a fairly feminine handwriting. 'Dear stranger, You were stranded outside of Mist Woods, unconscious. I picked you up and carried you on my horse here. We're about five minutes south of Lowcliffe. Regretfully, I had to go out and take care of some things. Please drink of the cup on the nightstand, it's fairly important. My daughter will be in or around the cabin to take care of you if needed. Do not feel any need to repay us.'
jailbreak952
#164401322Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:05 AM GMT

Question the drink, take a small sip.
Z0rr0w
#164423127Saturday, June 13, 2015 2:33 PM GMT

You pick up the cup and take a sip. It's a fairly bitter-tasting drink. Though it's hot, it doesn't burn your tongue. While it does taste bitter, it's not the absolute worst thing you've ever had. There's not much of it in the cup, it seems.
jailbreak952
#164437990Saturday, June 13, 2015 6:21 PM GMT

Sip a bit more. Check myself for any wounds.
Z0rr0w
#164484808Sunday, June 14, 2015 5:40 AM GMT

You manage to stomach a bit more of the drink. Looking at your body, you have a few scrapes on your forearms from when you fell and crawled around. Besides that, your body isn't in that bad of a condition. You do feel some bitemarks on your neck though.
jailbreak952
#164522249Sunday, June 14, 2015 6:41 PM GMT

Look around for a mirror.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right