of     16   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

laughablehaha
#167430613Monday, July 13, 2015 11:15 AM GMT

So you lost the fight to minecraft. There are 16,000,000 active players on minecraft and how about you roblox? Not even half. If you even want to exceed 1,000,000 ACTIVE(NOT INACTIVE ALTS), I would suggest this. YouTube: So many people watch YouTube and there are many roblox channels that exist. I'm subscribed to 60+ channels from roblox and barely get daily videos from them. Many roblox channels that were famous now are famous. One is teamsqued. Search it up on YouTube, he used to always post roblox videos, maybe daily and then quit roblox because of boredom. More EVENTS: Be more creative. Actually do BLOXIES 2015 and virtual BLOXCon. Also make the events more professional. No one wants to see a minions rip off event hosted by crappy game makers. We want the games team! Advertising: Ok ROBLOX, honestly I honestly haven't seen one ad by roblox in other TV commercials/Websites. How do you expect more people to come in? And then you have to figure out how to keep them staying. Remember 2014? "4,000,000" people? Most of them quit! Lose the lame default outfit: Seriously, even the 1.0 default skin was better. Some people don't even know how to change/afford something new! No one wants to be a grey person with hobo hair! Also randomize the outfits! No one wants a army of noob clones we want variety! User Meshes: Yes I know it was removed, but look in the past when they weren't. You had epic car meshes and less trouble making guns. I know that users will make inappropriate meshes but you have a Moderation team! Moderate! You may be thinking,"Mods are bad at their job" I'll discuss that later. Balance: So let's say I'm new I joined 2015. I have 10 tix. I want to buy pants and a shirt from player clothing creators. I cannot afford it! At least let new players start out with more than 10 tix because that is just lame. Developing: Seriously, a lot of your developers are in debt. Amazeman, ScriptOn, and Loleris. At least send a message to crappy front page games warning them that you will take down the game because of lack of quality. It will really benefit game devs and when you look at the front page you won't be "ugh more scam games" you be like "YEAH SO MANY VARIETIES OF GAMES I CAN CHOOSE FROM! OH LOOK A NEW GAME!" Website THEME: I am really tired of blue and it doesn't even match the logo. Can you at least let players choose their own colored background(red,purple,PINK for GIRLS)? Mods: Roblox you should try hiring more mods. It's an easy job! You receive a log of items created by users every day. You analyze the list and delete any inappropriate ones. EASY! Ads: This system is flawed. Again, MODERATION! Mods should check if the ads sent actually advertise the game instead of accepting "CLICK THIS BUTTON 60 TIMES." It really isn't that hard. Guests: Really roblox, you really don't need guests. Look at Minecraft, there are no guests and it makes the game more wantable. Because this is a guest's mind. Ok so how do you play this game? -plays game wrong and members get mad- Guest gets mad and never comes back to roblox. This is what happens! Builders Club: Slowly you are making it harder for NBC Players to enjoy to the full world of Roblox! Look at it this way, there are NBC players and you treated them in a very good manner(cheap shirts, more daily tix, more active games), they will enjoy it! And guess what. If they enjoy it, they want MORE. And what I mean is that if free roblox is good, BC will be better! And this is how you treat NBC Players now! Wow this sucks, you can't even make 2 games and all I can do is play crappy front page games... I can't even afford new clothes so I'm stuck with this hobo character. Wow I have to wait like 20 days to join a war group because the clothes are so expensive... What is the point of playing roblox if this is all you do? BC is at a ridiculously high price also! If free roblox is bad, then BC is probably not much better. -quits and probably never comes back- Catalog: Add mustaches! Add shoes! Add.. Add eye color! Seriously roblox get more creative the catalog items are pretty lame and the suggestions above would be widely enjoyed by many. ODers: Community, stop trying! How do you think roblox will stop online dating? It will NEVER stop. HECK, even Minecraft has ODers! My opinion, the people who complain about ODing are more annoying then the ODers themselves. Think about it! I joined an "ODer" game. Most are roleplayers! If ODers are so annoying why do you even play in ODing hotspots? You will never be bothered by them if you don't play in ODing hotspots. NEVER. Famous YT: TOBYGAMES & DANTDM have played roblox and guess what, they quit! Want to know why? It's right in front of you, let me explain. So DANTDM, He joins get eaten. and tries to compliment the crappy default character you added in. In his eyes I can see him thinking how weird this game is. He then joins an obby. -fart- NOPE! Boring! -quits- And Toby, he continued roblox for 8 episodes! His last episode he quit because of "cyber bullies". -quits- Honestly, getting well known YT Chammels to play and like your game is a big hit. Not only will their subscribers join roblox, more YTers will try it out! Which is great for your company! Getting People to make a living off your game: I know, this is really selfish of me but doing this will actually help roblox a lot. Especially YouTube! If you get a YT channel to live off you, your a big success. Community: Honestly, this is the heart of roblox. If the community goes downhill, roblox goes downhill, if the community is mature, roblox will be a big success. If all the community leaves, roblox dies. The community will NEVER be perfect. You can only make it better. And to you community, be a contributing member to roblox, do this by playing well-developed games, make a well-developed game, and bring in more people into roblox. Only YOU can make a difference in roblox Hackers/Exploiters: The main reason this is a problem is because of poor moderation, poor defense, and because it is FREEEEE to play,. Why would it being a FREEEE game be a problem? Well if you get banned, make another account and HACK HACK HACK MORE! Unfortunately ROBLOX doesn't take hacking that seriously and doesn't IP Ban them. Big mistake. Player Badges: We need more badges! We really do! At least add back ambassador and make new ones such as, 200 player points, above 50% rating on your game, played 100 games, your first ad, first catalog item, 100,000 game badges, and SOOO MANY MORE! Please roblox this will make roblox be more worth playing and give us players more "bragging rights" InGame Additions: Please Add Mouse Sensitivity, 3D render, and maybe be able to toggle streamingenabled on/off. Compatibility: This is very important. One VERY important platform that you should be working on is Linux. Don't do console games. Roblox isn't really a controller game because there are many buttons to do many different things and roblox is really a computer game! Also adding more compatibility to more platforms such as consoles and iOS will only double the work developers will have to do. Please limit platforms to computer. Usernames: Make "_" and "." allowed when creating your account. Trust me you will make a ton of people happy. Well, this is the end. Remember that I am a contributing member of roblox and want to help it grow and know that I was helping roblox! ChiefJustus and maybe Seranok could you please ask David.Bazucki so check out this thread? I know he is busy running a company but if he reads this now instead of "running" it, he could be busy improving it. And string people, please don't start a flame because you are actually one of the people who make people worse. I spent one hour making this so at least make the site color thing it's killing me! Blame John! Wait he's gone.
Alectfenrir123
#167430845Monday, July 13, 2015 11:21 AM GMT

All excellent points there OP. Sadly Roblox does not realise this. But at the same time lets face the truth. Minecraft is more globalised and well known than Roblox which is the background reason to why Minecraft has more players and a larger community overall. Additionally Minecraft has a massive modding community and you know modding... well involves scripting. And because of this modding compatibility Minecraft almost absolutely destroyed Roblox's uniqueness. Nevertheless I still have hope Roblox will "up their game"; besides they made some excellent features in the years (i.e Solid Modelling CSG, Smooth Terrain, Dynamic Lighting etc.)
laughablehaha
#167431035Monday, July 13, 2015 11:26 AM GMT

Unfortunately yes we lost to minecraft.. We can't even COMPETE Minecraft! There's just too little people. Also if you look at Minecraft servers,Chou don't see "adopt a baby and start a fam" instead you see LEGIT and FUN servers. ROBLOX? Look at the games page now. I think you have your answer.
trainyay
#167431408Monday, July 13, 2015 11:37 AM GMT

Support.
icekiller8002
#167431650Monday, July 13, 2015 11:43 AM GMT

THIS GUY GETS IT just your average noobling OTer
moocowrules
#167431916Monday, July 13, 2015 11:51 AM GMT

Roblox and Minederp are 2 complete different games, "It is like comparing Cars to Planes, they are completely different things and CANNOT BE COMPARED"~ Max Benedek Roblox shouldn't be competing cause it isn't the same genre, and it is a game building engine, not a game itself. If you're happy and you know it clamp your hams, (Admit it, you sung that.)
leRiddler
#167432035Monday, July 13, 2015 11:54 AM GMT

Support!!!
DementedManatee
#167432070Monday, July 13, 2015 11:55 AM GMT

Support. I'm gonna bump this until a mod sees it.
leRiddler
#167432179Monday, July 13, 2015 11:58 AM GMT

Mods need to see this, get them motivated, maybe they'll do something right this time...
YOHIOloid
#167432574Monday, July 13, 2015 12:09 PM GMT

lol op doesn't get it at all first off, you made a big mistake by trying to compare roblox to minecraft. two totally different things, kiddo. two different things, barely related. second, you can cut it out with the extra stuff. this thread is an entire joke. "PINK for GIRLS" trying to be curzondax much? troll. the whole last paragraph is a joke, makes me stop taking this thread seriously entirely. you constantly act as if the whole community wants this. you don't speak for the community. you are one person. ingame additions is a whole troll section -mouse sensitivity: get a Microsoft Sidewinder -3D render: to .obj? already exists the developers stuff is useless, the three developers you listed are terrible and don't deserve the money anyway. catalog: roblox, not realblox ads: stop whining, just don't click ads community: it's the people like you who ruin it builders club: stop whining, they paid for their services. roblox is free to play. you do not need to pay money to play the majority of games on roblox. if it hurts you so much, buy bc. events: completely opinionated section. pointless.
icanxlr8
#167433103Monday, July 13, 2015 12:23 PM GMT

This post really made me realize how bad roblox has gotten. I'm with you on this.
LieutenatCooper
#167433385Monday, July 13, 2015 12:30 PM GMT

I agree most of this but here's a few things that has more cons than pros. Minecraft and Roblox aren't even competing over which block game is better, don't forget about LEGO and Blockland. Which means there's nothing to compare about it. Newbie ticket balancing would cause more alts to be created and more money to be given to the main. They cannot hire enough mods, because the more mods, the more money they will pay for them and there won't be enough left for the game and servers to keep and so that's why there's a reason to lessen the privileges of NBC's and in order to force them to buy membership. "Guests are the true testers of ROBLOX." Mods listening to the community? NOPE! they barely reply to us, they only care about their paying users and developers. I would say that mods are lazy and greedy. An IP Ban without warning would be nice. Player points are pointless, they even become currency exchange just for points in ranking ever since it was released. That is all.
QuitGoodbye
#167434089Monday, July 13, 2015 12:45 PM GMT

I agree, although.. "BC is at a ridiculously high price also!" BC is quite cheap, don't agree with that. I don't play roblox much anymore, it's boring now so uh yh
iSpurious
#167434153Monday, July 13, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

I agree 100% ~Dark~
laughablehaha
#167435829Monday, July 13, 2015 1:21 PM GMT

Honestly roblox CAN compete with Minecraft. Remember people used to fight over which game was better? Who won? And I'm not talking about gameplay. Minecraft probably has bad graphics. But guess what. More people play it! @Fear So your saying $400 for sucky perks are not cheap. Sure $5 every month BC but really it adds up eventually.
QuitGoodbye
#167435928Monday, July 13, 2015 1:23 PM GMT

bc isn't 400 dollars but ok
laughablehaha
#167435951Monday, July 13, 2015 1:23 PM GMT

About developers, sure they suck. But who else is there to replace them? We really should give developers a chance because they may build something amazing.
laughablehaha
#167436123Monday, July 13, 2015 1:27 PM GMT

@YOHIO Are you trying to help roblox or try to make OP feel like sht
gibbothebee
#167437948Monday, July 13, 2015 2:00 PM GMT

Roblox is a tiny company. You cannot just tell them to do anything you want and expect it to happen. They can't afford all of this. Especially "hire more mods." That's very broad and lacks explanation. If Roblox were to higher more mods, everything would cost more for users, such as BC and R$ to compensate for the collective salary for all the additional moderators. I agree with most of this except for a few including the website theme, underscore support in usernames. exploiting, guests, and developers in debt. - The website is blue for a reason. Learn color psychology and you'll know why. Almost everyone who complains about this is a foreigner to web design. - Underscore support in usernames would make usernames super complicated and ugly. The x's that precede and follow usernames are ugly enough, so imagine ___TrollMaster365___. That's even uglier. - Exploiters can't be taken seriously because they only ruin the game to their advantage. Hackers will only be taken seriously is their "hacking" is legitimate, like stealing user data and/or credentials. A simple speedhack or btools hack is harmless. - Guests can be auto-kicked by inserting a script. I've made a free model for this script. If you'd like you can check out my models. In other words, it's scriptable. - I don't understand what you mean by "developers are in debt." Partial support for the reasons above
IsolatedDesire
#167438812Monday, July 13, 2015 2:15 PM GMT

Support, 100%, especially the "no free" rule. Especially the guest one, when a guest joins a game, they look like a noob, can't talk, get attacked, etc. How is this supposed to motivate them to join?
rocker1035
#167440033Monday, July 13, 2015 2:35 PM GMT

I'm a website that has an ad
laughablehaha
#167440099Monday, July 13, 2015 2:36 PM GMT

@Gibbo Roblox is a tiny company. I'm trying to help it grow with these tips I understand color psychology but of course the default will be blue but you will get to CHOOSE your color. ROBLOX is better off hacker free and no developer wants someone cheating in their game. The "_" is everyone's opinion. You don't HAVE to use it. Hope that answers everything
rocker1035
#167440438Monday, July 13, 2015 2:41 PM GMT

Also you can change the theme in an extension ALSO this isn't a RL catalog like wut
rocker1035
#167440523Monday, July 13, 2015 2:42 PM GMT

There is a roblox ad on a website called ninja kiwi
rocker1035
#167440647Monday, July 13, 2015 2:44 PM GMT

The "_" and "." Can get you passed moderation easily

of     16   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right