of     1   

PiilotettuNeito
#16950220Sunday, November 22, 2009 7:24 PM GMT

Haloo! My name is Hidden Maiden. I have been wondering for the longest time if anybody has the same tastes in music that I do. Most of my musical affections revolve around melodic music, primarely Symphonic instrumental quality, Operatic voices, and romantic lyrics, overall, symphonic metal, power metal, and gothic metal. Anything that sounds like it has a lot of talent in it! I could even name a few off of my head just as an example! Kamelot, Queensrÿche, Sonata Arctica, Serenity, Amberian Dawn, Xandria, Indica, Nightwish, plus many more! If you know of any of these groups or anything that might relate to this forum, tell me! I'd be happy to get to know others that have similar music loves compared to me. Haloo! Nimeni on piilotettu neito. Olen miettinyt, että pisimpään, jos joku on saman makuja musiikkia, että en. Useimmat minun musiikillinen tunteet pyörivät melodista musiikkia, primarely Symphonic instrumentaalista laatua, Operatic ääniä, ja romanttinen lyrics, yleinen, sinfoninen metalli, power metal, ja gothic metal. Mitään, kuulostaa se on paljon lahjakkuutta se! Voisin jopa muutamia pois pääni yhtä esimerkkiä! Kamelot, Queensrÿche, Sonata Arctica, Serenity, Amberian Dawn, Xandria, Indica, Nightwish, sekä paljon muuta! Jos tiedät jonkin näistä ryhmistä tai mitään, mikä voisi liittyä tähän foorumiin, kerro minulle! Mielelläni tutustua muihin, jotka ovat samanlaisia musiikkia rakastaa kuin minulle.
Zilla2112
#16952725Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:28 PM GMT

Synphonic/melodic metal is great! While I don't know all of the bands you listed, I have heard of Sonata Arctica, Queensryche, Kamelot, and Nightwish (I actually got to see Queensryche live last summer). Here's a few melodic bands that I listen to: Dream Theater- These guys are amazing. All of the band members are virtuosos, and they write very progressive music. "The Glass Prison", "Metropolis Pt. 1", and "The Dance of Eternity" are some great songs by them. Hibria- This is a great power metal band from Brazil. The vocals are mind-blowing, and the instrumental work is great also. "Tiger Punch" and "The Skull Collectors" are good examples of what they can do. Between the Buried and Me- This is one of the most unique bands you'll hear. On one end, they're a very heavy death metal/metalcore band that contains blast-beats, brutal riffs, and screaming vocals, and on the other end, they're a progressive band that incorporates odd time signatures, beautiful harmonies, and jazzy/bluesy/classical elements. "Sun of Nothing" and "Prequel to the Sequel" are prime examples of their music. Opeth- You've probably heard of them, but if not they're an awesome band that fuses death metal with jazz/progressive elements. Anything off of the 'Still Life' album is fantastic.
PiilotettuNeito
#16952932Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:32 PM GMT

I've heard of three of the four that you mentioned and I'm happy that at least one person is at least similar in musical taste to me. Dream Theatre is a great band in general. I have all of their CDs and am proud to call myself a fan! Hibria is also a great band! While I don't listen to them often, I still enjoy the sound of their tunes. Opeth is not on my top list, but they're just as great as the others. :D
MINARD777
#20560604Friday, February 05, 2010 1:36 PM GMT

Try Symphony X! They are the bomb! or Edgend!

of     1