perrandude
#169817012Monday, August 03, 2015 4:57 PM GMT

"Is he the guy who played for NEC?" Ohhhhh yeahhh
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169817088Monday, August 03, 2015 4:58 PM GMT

should have gone to brighton.
perrandude
#169817854Monday, August 03, 2015 5:07 PM GMT

"should have gone to brighton." LOL WHAT??? Brighton & Hove Albion isn't even expected to be in the promotion zone for this year. I would've been happy if he went to a side like Brentford, MK Dons, Burnley, Hull City, or Middl##brough. You know, someone who actually stands a chance of promotion?
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169818339Monday, August 03, 2015 5:12 PM GMT

"Brighton & Hove Albion isn't even expected to be in the promotion zone for this year. I would've been happy if he went to a side like Brentford, MK Dons, Burnley, Hull City, or Middl##brough. You know, someone who actually stands a chance of promotion?" brighton need like 2 or 3 signings and they'll be a lot better. brentford was a complete fluke and no one expects them to challenge again. mk dons is a franchise and his reputation would be ruined if he went there. along with that, they're not even promotion favourites at all. burnley wouldn't be able to afford him. hull have depth in wide areas. boro have depth in wide areas too. what in the blue hell are you on about watch championship football before spewing crap brighton would've been perfect for the guy.
perrandude
#169818466Monday, August 03, 2015 5:14 PM GMT

"what in the blue hell are you on about watch championship football before spewing crap brighton would've been perfect for the guy." No it wouldn't be perfect lol. This doesn't need a massive ten paragraph explanation...
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169818561Monday, August 03, 2015 5:15 PM GMT

"No it wouldn't be perfect lol. This doesn't need a massive ten paragraph explanation..." yes it would he'd get game time at a good club in a competitive league right under the epl what more do you need.
bookface6
#169818646Monday, August 03, 2015 5:16 PM GMT

He went for Champions League football. I don't blame him for wanted Champions League football over the Championship.
perrandude
#169818755Monday, August 03, 2015 5:17 PM GMT

"competitive league right under the epl what more do you need." The Eredivisie is a top-flight league and AZ can easily finish in a position EVERY YEAR to at least qualify for Europa League. Championship sides don't even know what the Europa League is.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169819078Monday, August 03, 2015 5:21 PM GMT

"He went for Champions League football. I don't blame him for wanted Champions League football over the Championship." are you actually joking? do you really expect AZ Alkmaar to challenge for champions league football? are you stupid son? "The Eredivisie is a top-flight league and AZ can easily finish in a position EVERY YEAR to at least qualify for Europa League. Championship sides don't even know what the Europa League is." 1) championship is still a more competitive league (see; last season) and the quality of the championship >TOP TO BOTTOM< is better than the eredivisie (meaning, ajax and psv would smash anyone in the championship but the championship would smash everyone else in eredivisie). 2) europa league matters! 3) southampton, west ham, newcastle united and swansea city were all in the championship a few years ago. now they've all been in the europa league too!
bookface6
#169819223Monday, August 03, 2015 5:23 PM GMT

Yeah I actually could. They got >>THIRD<< last season
perrandude
#169819277Monday, August 03, 2015 5:23 PM GMT

"1) championship is still a more competitive league (see; last season) and the quality of the championship >TOP TO BOTTOM< is better than the eredivisie (meaning, ajax and psv would smash anyone in the championship but the championship would smash everyone else in eredivisie)." uh, yeah, no lol "2) europa league matters!" It's European football. It matters. "3) southampton, west ham, newcastle united and swansea city were all in the championship a few years ago. now they've all been in the europa league too!" Yes but the difference between all these clubs and Brighton & Hove Albion is that these clubs all had potential at one point
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169819386Monday, August 03, 2015 5:24 PM GMT

"Yeah I actually could. They got >>THIRD<< last season" and the year before that they finished 8th!
bookface6
#169819483Monday, August 03, 2015 5:26 PM GMT

Improving And the whole point of bringing in players is to improve the current side. That's the goal, and he'd rather play Champions League/Europa league than play in the Championship.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169819749Monday, August 03, 2015 5:28 PM GMT

"uh, yeah, no lol" can you actually tell me directly that sc heerenven would beat wolverhampton wanderers, boro or hull city comprehensively? "It's European football. It matters." who gets signed to a big club after good performances in the europa league? "Yes but the difference between all these clubs and Brighton & Hove Albion is that these clubs all had potential at one point" 1) west ham and newcastle united were both expected to crash and fall like leeds did. southampton were in liquidation a few years before they got back to the championship. even when they got promoted, everyone thought they'd go straight back down anyway. swansea never had potential. what are you on about. even swansea fans agree with this. brighton and hove albion are expected to make top flight football in the next few years if they do well in the transfer market and keep their good young players.
perrandude
#169820467Monday, August 03, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

"can you actually tell me directly that sc heerenven would beat wolverhampton wanderers, boro or hull city comprehensively?" Yes. I can. "who gets signed to a big club after good performances in the europa league?" Alireza is still 23...he can still get signed to a big club after, say, two years lol. "1) west ham and newcastle united were both expected to crash and fall like leeds did. southampton were in liquidation a few years before they got back to the championship. even when they got promoted, everyone thought they'd go straight back down anyway." Newcastle = coaching and ownership change. Three times over the last few decades. I actually don't recall anything about West Ham United. Southampton had problems back in 2006. "swansea never had potential. what are you on about. even swansea fans agree with this." My fault. Didn't realize you included Swansea City in the original post "brighton and hove albion are expected to make top flight football in the next few years if they do well in the transfer market and keep their good young players." Massive ifs buddy.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#169826611Monday, August 03, 2015 6:39 PM GMT

"Yes. I can." for some reason i highly doubt that. "Alireza is still 23...he can still get signed to a big club after, say, two years lol." maybe but the championship would be a better stepping stone. "Newcastle = coaching and ownership change. Three times over the last few decades." newcastle were in dire straights when they got relegated and even then no one expected them to get back up. "I actually don't recall anything about West Ham United." west ham had (and still have) horrible financial problems that almost destroyed the club. only until olympic stadium was confirmed to be their new home were they still in the crapshoot. "Southampton had problems back in 2006." they had problems until they got new owners in 09. "Massive ifs buddy." not really it's the championship literally anything can happen.

of     1