of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

MaIlard
#171333488Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:31 PM GMT

Hello! Your favorite guy-with-too-much-power-to-trust here, Mailard. I’m here to propose a reform of sorts to the Media department of the Old Football League. Over the past few weeks, I have marveled at how DIVERSIFIED the Old Football Media has become. It has countless subsidiaries, and frankly, it gets a tad dizzying. I’ve tried to search up multiple highlights on youtube before, such as “S2 Victory Bowl” or “4th and 1 roblox OFL”. These are impossible searches, because really, the OFN, aside from the semi-inactive group, has no central >hub<. So, what are we going to do about it? It starts with that last sentence. One central hub of operations. Think of it as a chart. ________________________________________________________________________ The OFL is the main hub, group, and place of operations for the Media. That enough should be obvious. From the group description, you should be able to access three things: ◆ Youtube Page ◆ Twitter account ◆ Twitch account ◆ Website (in the future, because that hasn’t exactly been ironed out in my mind). *For all wondering, if there are too many links, you can make it all into one forum link, lol.*. __________________________________________________________________________ I: Youtube: ◆ Here is where I think we really fall short as a Media organization. If the idea passed, obviously my first action would be to strike deals with all the major streamers, recorders, and highlight producers to make one central youtube account, and upload all highlights there. While, in the short term, it doesn’t make a HUGE impact, in the future, when you’re looking for nostalgic highlights, all of a sudden it won’t be too hard to find them. ◆ Secondly, there would be league-sanctioned lists for highlight makers/streamers. All approved media members who will have access to the shared youtube account will be the only legal highlight makers, and will be on this list. This list is also majorly to assist in assigning highlight maker/streamers ‘games’, almost like Old Football League referees, to assure that no game goes unnoticed, unrecorded, and lost in ‘history’. ◆ Further on in this thread I will elaborate on the twitch account, but since I will have access to one central twitch account, all recaps of full Old Football League games, highlight shows, OFL gameday shows, et. cetera would be reposted on the youtube page for your convenience. ◆ Finally, the youtube page can be used to make season highlight videos, and HOF career inductee highlights. That’ll be elaborated later. __________________________________________________________________________ II: Twitter Account ◆ This is a prime example of where individuals possessing sole ownership of an account fails. I considered facebook instead of twitter, but decided Twitter is our best friend in what we NEED. I do understand that we already have a ‘twitter’ account technically, but it’s hellishly inactive. Why? Vrillion is the only one with account access there. Sure, for the first few days it was active, but you can never truly keep it up. I propose not only a shared system, but you know, an interactive one. Raffles, game scores, predictions, notifications of new youtube videos, streams, the sort. You can host polls to help a fan vote for award ceremonies. ◆ Secondly, twitter is just an easy way to get interactive graphic design across. You can get social voting done that way, twitter predictions, even re-install “Pick of The Week”. It’s a good idea, and it’s existed for a while, just never executed to the fullest. _________________________________________________________________________ III: Twitch Account ◆ Again, shared account. This way, you can find every stream of the Old Football League season not only on youtube, but on one specific twitch link, not on ‘whoever-can-hawk-the-game-first’s account. It’s an unorganized mess as is. This account would be generally run as the youtube account would, so for the general idea of it, you can check the actual youtube account sub-section of this paper. ________________________________________________________________________ IV: Website ◆ For now, this idea would not come back. It’s just not sustainable. The previous website worked for a week or two, but the general lack of enthusiasm by available workers to assist it, as well as the lack of professionalism of it (it was a free site) make it an unnecessary addition to the league at this point. In the future, it can be an excellent home to lebron6dunk’s statistics, writer’s predictions, and much more. ◆ I’m still working on brainstorming this idea, so if anyone has any suggestions to assist, or even donate a payment to help buy a professional web domain, be my guest and private-message the author of this paper, Mailard. __________________________________________________________________________ V: Media Awards ◆ I’m also proposing to bring “weekly media awards”. These would work a tad differently than seasonal awards would. Since they’re not as big as an affair, the entire Executive Board would not have a vote, just because of how long and annoying that would be, doing it every week. Additionally, you wouldn’t have a draft-hall ceremony for it. Rather, a small appointed panel of media members (streamers, high ranks, recorders, the sort) would be sent a voting ballot, and every Monday, the awards would be announced. ◆ This is just to give recognition to some of the lesser-known members of the Old Football League, since it’s becoming increasingly and increasingly tougher to win a seasonal award without being a major name, and thus, your performances sometimes go unnoticed. This would be a big assist to the ‘unknown’ guys in the league, as well as an additional way to measure seasonal awards (i.e. How many weekly awards did he win?) __________________________________________________________________________ VI: Hall Of Fame: ◆ I think I’ve finally developed a viable solution to the Hall Of Fame vacancy we’ve had in this league for seven seasons too many. The Hall Of Fame debuted before, but it was poorly developed and rushed out by myself. This time, a few things are different: ■ The awards will be presented at the Draft Hall, just like seasonal awards. They will not be presented at an outside location, like before. That went pretty god-awfully. ■ Every season, the Executive Board group will be sent a ballot to vote on your Hall Of Fame member. Every season, there would be a cap of >four< inductees. After a first round of ballots, ten finalists (maximum) will be announced, and then cut down to the final number of four. This season (Season seven) would be a bit different. There wouldn’t be a cap just because of the fact you have to account for HOF members from Season One through Season Seven. ■ Every winner will receive a special congratulatory graphic on the twitter page; a career highlight video on the youtube page, and obviously a grand celebration at the draft hall. Additionally, courtesy of TheUncommonOne, every member will be granted a special jacket by TheUncommonOne. ■ Now, how do you preserve these names? Simple, two methods: First, the winner names will be etched in stone in multiple places, including: their home stadiums, a special document, and most importantly, an actual Hall Of Fame! This is in production and will be built by RedBaron/USAJaguars. If he goes to college, we might need to find an alternative, but we know that won’t happen, so. __________________________________________________________________________ VII: Conclusion I know, I know, this idea seems petty. “Who cares!”, a typical cynic would say. But trust me, deep down, this is important. There’s a layer of distrust inside the league, between it’s Executive Board and it’s members, which is ironic, since the Executive Board is supposed to be supporting and protecting it’s members. Reason why? There just hasn’t been enough real communications. Every now and then, the actual OFL gets a droplet of information as to what’s going around, but other than that, the only people who have a remote clue as to what’s going on (and even then, they don’t really) are squabbling EB members who argue amongst themselves. This gives a platform to give video announcements, general tweets, and build a ‘clear glass window’ between the Executive Board and the Old Football League. We need TRANSPARENCY. This became more clear than ever when my best friend (on this game guys yeah i have friends irl), Mack, turned on me, and still has been sour and distrustful of me due to the vast amount of power. A petition was made to remove me, and dear friends did sign off, believing lies. That’s my fault. That’s the problem in this league. Not enough people know what’s actually going down. I propose transparency. I propose a platform to give information, interactivity, and build new trust. I propose to make this league one again: Not just the Executive Board talking to the Old Football League, but the Old Football League willingly sharing information, trustful and innocent with one another again. No more lies, no more disclosure, and no more smoke. Best, Mailard.
CaravelloFello
#171333672Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:33 PM GMT

i say no to this, stupid idea. everything is fine the way it is There's nothing that needs to be said. We can pretend. We'll sandblast these walls and paint them again
CosmicEffect
#171333689Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:33 PM GMT

no
MaIlard
#171333836Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:35 PM GMT

rip lads!!!!!!!
yodog26
#171333859Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:35 PM GMT

i was too lazy to read all of this.
MaIlard
#171333924Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:35 PM GMT

same here yodel
CaravelloFello
#171333981Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:36 PM GMT

idc about the hall of fame and awards cause thats always gonna be bias and never fixed, but the youtube, twitch, website, twitter isnt needed as it's already fine the way it is There's nothing that needs to be said. We can pretend. We'll sandblast these walls and paint them again
McWilfork
#171334054Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:37 PM GMT

tbh only problem with OFN is stupid inactive recorders don't come to certain games and players get mad because no one recorded one of their big highlight plays
MaIlard
#171334592Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:42 PM GMT

I can get how some things can seem petty and small here, but really, not every proposal has to be world-changing. This is just a simple and approvable thing to make things easier to find for the average OFLer, and open up transparency to everyone. I mean, a few days ago everyone was saying 'fire mallard i don't trust the government!!!!' and when I present an idea to fix that, everyone's like "nah". It's not a major thing, but it's to improve outdated systems and just make things more relaxing if you will for the league in the department of media, but hey.
MaIlard
#171334869Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:44 PM GMT

Also, saying 'awards are bad, biased and will never be fixed, same with HOF' is pretty lame. There's a simple solution: force a thread to be posted after the announcement of inductees/award winners that show the votes and their official tallies. That's what I'm doing this season with S7 Awards. You can't fake that.
CaravelloFello
#171335197Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:47 PM GMT

this is a typical mallard thing to do, make a big deal over a small thing There's nothing that needs to be said. We can pretend. We'll sandblast these walls and paint them again
yodog26
#171335597Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:50 PM GMT

I do think a twitter and main youtube account would be nice. Ofl highlights are on like 4 different channels this season. And twitter would just be another positive thing that is brought to the league.
MaIlard
#171335603Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:50 PM GMT

Around 198/200 government bills passed at a time you can find to be small and completely unnecessary. Only difference right now is I try to improve the league in a stable and controlled way, you just point out the negative in it. The best changes aren't always the largest ones, you know.
CaravelloFello
#171336198Saturday, August 15, 2015 11:55 PM GMT

mallard stop relating this to IRL when this has nothing to do with it this is seriously dumb and you need to stop before it gets annoying lol There's nothing that needs to be said. We can pretend. We'll sandblast these walls and paint them again
mmfootball
#171337134Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:04 AM GMT

cara just wants to keep running the twitch game.
NoelFSS
#171342184Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:54 AM GMT

Whats wrong with this? I think its good.
IceKingGlaceon
#171343958Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:12 AM GMT

Tbh the Youtube ideas would be so nice.
smashduck
#171344618Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:19 AM GMT

best idea evar mailard
Obbert
#171344664Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:19 AM GMT

this would improve organization, and no im not in the ofl, but i run a big league myself
Maxtitanic101
#171346588Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:39 AM GMT

HOF means nothing on a computer game
Bellarive
#171348856Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:03 AM GMT

I like the highlights all on one YouTube account so I don't have to search for them.
TheSliceOfLife
#171348970Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:04 AM GMT

cara mad cuz u gonna steal his followers mallard but also btw what happens when there are 2 or 3 games playing at once and only 1 twitch account lol'd ~Blizzaria/Redshaman/Zerova/TheSliceOfLife
TheSliceOfLife
#171349037Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:04 AM GMT

the utube account is a good idea tho. not the twitch one ~Blizzaria/Redshaman/Zerova/TheSliceOfLife
DeathATL
#171349771Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:11 AM GMT

1 main youtube accnt? Notnx
MaIlard
#171353717Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:49 AM GMT

o ur right slice

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right