of     1   

11254man
#173915323Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:18 AM GMT

Ok, let me start by saying I'm not the best RP'er out there, so if there are any points I miss or just flat out get wrong, please correct me. RULES -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A. General Rules: These are going to be rules that should be followed in almost every RP game on Roblox, these aren't particularly hard to follow, and make the game balanced and fair. 1. No Godmodding. So Godmodding is pretty much where you make your character unkillable, or just kill someone out of the blue with something like "*Kills*". This is one of the most often seen Roleplay fumbles, and it's easy to get caught up in a character and accidentally start. Some commands to stay away from are things like "*dodges bullet*", "*Cuts head off, no block*" things like that. The best way to stop someone from Godmodding is to tell them they're doing so, and ignore them if they don't stop. 2. "Love" stuff. So this one's pretty plain and simple. No "Love" Roleplays, I don't mean no spouses or kids or anything, just don't say you were you-know-what-ing someone in the chat. Pretty simple. 3. Stick to the time period. This is another one that's pretty easy to follow. If you're in a mid-evil RP, no guns, and no characters from the future. No Dwarves in a modern RP, and no Elves in a Post-Apocalypse. 4. Roleplaying Notation. This one's a bit hard to get used to, but overall nothing to worry about. If you're talking use "". If you're preforming an action, use -- or **. And if you're talking out of the Roleplay itself, use (). 5. Don't be dumb. This one's pretty obvious, don't run up to people, start spamming chat, blocking doorways, or not complying with the above rules. B. More Advanced RPs (After the Flash, etc.) 1. PTK. PTK (Permission To Kill) is a bit of a hard one to follow. Pretty much all it is is that before you kill someone, you have to get Permission to Kill them. It's good to use this on all Roleplays, but it's only really used with any frequency during After the Flash. 2. Jumping into RPs. Knowing how to integrate yourself into an already existing RP is one of the most important things to get down. If you just barge into a group and ask if you can join, you'll more than likely be kicked near immediately. You can ask them in out of RP chat, or find a way to make your appearance feel natural. Timing is KEY! 3. Lore. It's pretty much the same thing as time period, except we whittle it down a bit more. Still use the correct time period, but now no alternate universes. For instance, no The Last of Us characters in After the Flash. Not really much more to say about it. CHARACTER CREATION -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Character Creation is one of the most important pieces of a good RP, you can't create a good story with bad characters. A. Appearance. 1. Time Period. Dress as if your character was from his/her respective time period. No Baseball caps in a Fantasy RP, no Iron Helmets in a Post-Apocolypse. 2. Character Creation. Try to pick a color scheme of some sort, it helps surround your character with an atmosphere. If you're playing some sort of demon, try to pick some reds and blacks, where as if your'e playing a thief, try to pick some neutral tans, grays and such. B. Naming 1. Age. Age is a super important factor with your character. For instance, you can't have an 8 year old innkeeper, and you can't have an 98 year old Bouncer. 2. Physical Traits. Don't indulge into too much with this, but keeping a base character height and build can come in handy on many occasions. Contents of Pockets, Armaments, and things of that sort shouldn't go in your description, if other characters can't see it, then don't say you have it. 3. Mental Traits. Try to put as little mental traits as you can in a character description. If they have some sort of a twitch, or some constant action or visible characteristic, then it's ok. If your character is shy, then just use your actions to convey it. One of my biggest pet-peeves is when people put spoilers about their character in the description, "Murderer", "Secretly a Princess", "Secretly Ex-Military", Just no. This is obviously not even close to the intricacies of RP'ing. So I implore any veteran RP'er that's made it this far to put in extra rules, take up any issues you have with this post, or just a comment about which one of these rules being broken peeves you the most.
tardysauce
#173915608Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:22 AM GMT

-- and ** count as chatroom rping, it's the worst way to roleplay in the world. i think people will bash me for this
Z0rr0w
#173915674Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:22 AM GMT

>"Love" stuff. We're all mature here. Romance and love is part of the human experience. We don't censor it. >Roleplaying Notation. You use quotes for talking, no quotes for actions, and parenthesis for OOC. >No Dwarves in a modern RP, and no Elves in a Post-Apocalypse. Fantasy isn't a time-period, it's a genre. It can co-exist with other things. >More Advanced RPs >After the Flash I stopped reading.
k3rl343
#173916007Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:27 AM GMT

play on cyrus you nerds that'll show you advanced in game rping read the lore and crap Iᴛ sᴇᴇs ᴜs ᴀʟʟ
eikoopmit
#173917113Saturday, September 12, 2015 4:45 AM GMT

" no Elves in a Post-Apocalypse." Every fan of the Shannara series just cringed at that.
11254man
#173918519Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:11 AM GMT

So, a few things from me. First off, thanks for the feedback (I'm aware all of it is negative, I also don't care). Love Stuff - Due to the amount Roblox amounts me to post, I couldn't exactly get that to come out right. I meant you shouldn't start doing it in with another character on the server. Fantasy - I was saying that because KLII is one of the more famous of Roblox RPs, and therefore it'd be the one the most newbies played on, sorry about that. Elves - Screw Terry Brooks
eikoopmit
#173923647Saturday, September 12, 2015 7:32 AM GMT

"Elves - Screw Terry Brooks" ROT IN HELL YOU MISERABLE PIECE OF CRAP!
tardysauce
#173935693Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:47 PM GMT

You never told me why you use chatroom roleplay. Why? i think people will bash me for this
11254man
#173967843Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:01 PM GMT

I suppose it's just a preference of mine. I understand you don't like it, and I won't attack you because of it, we're all entitled to our own opinions.
BowtiesAreCool001
#173971174Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:38 PM GMT

is 11254 like a gift?? because he doesnt hate on opinions at all holy crap blessing from god Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
11254man
#173999770Sunday, September 13, 2015 1:50 AM GMT

To be fair I did give quite a bit of hate to Brooks and his series. Also, nice simile.
Deshoras
#174000252Sunday, September 13, 2015 1:55 AM GMT

Another nice tip would be to choose a better username than 11254man.
11254man
#174001647Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:10 AM GMT

It's one that I've been using since I was 8, and no one else uses it. You're right it's not the best but it's already too ingrained in my mind for me to change it.
PickachuGirl
#174002898Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:23 AM GMT

my username is one ive been using since i was 8 and it doesnt suck as much as yours e-even with the typo! ~Nobody exist on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die.~
eikoopmit
#174005886Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:55 AM GMT

"To be fair I did give quite a bit of hate to Brooks and his series." Yeah. Now go kill yourself, you miserable pile of human excrement.
Deshoras
#174006088Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:57 AM GMT

"Yeah. Now go kill yourself, you miserable pile of human excrement." I thought you were against ad-hominems, Tim?
PickachuGirl
#174006169Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:58 AM GMT

^^ only when its used against him he can use them just fine ~Nobody exist on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die.~
eikoopmit
#174006917Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:07 AM GMT

"I thought you were against ad-hominems, Tim?" This was never a civilized debate; it was always a flamewar and nothing else.
succesfulfundude
#174011934Sunday, September 13, 2015 4:05 AM GMT

"Some commands to stay away from are things like "*dodges bullet*"" if it's a human being yes if you're playing as someone with capabilites to do so by all means go for it but take some hits from time to time
PickachuGirl
#174012018Sunday, September 13, 2015 4:06 AM GMT

damn desh did the mods just delete your reply to that wtf ~Nobody exist on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die.~
11254man
#174020470Sunday, September 13, 2015 6:39 AM GMT

"Dodges Bullet". I'm so sorry I didn't clarify that enough. You're right, if you're playing in an RP where things like that are allowed. Thank you guys for your responses so far, even the not so constructive ones.

of     1