of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

matthew3323
#174686773Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:02 AM GMT

The modern interpretation of the middle ages, and of 'ancient' culture is hilariously wrong. Ironclad, Spartacus. Helen of Troy, there may be the occasional hint of authenticity however it's rare. I haven't gotten to watch Kingdom of Heaven yet so I'm not going to comment there. I'll list a few things to look for that proves they don't know what they're doing. • Studded leather • Double-bit Axes • '20 lbs' weapons. • Katana cuts through anything. (Pet peeve.) • Low poundage bows • Women have revealing armor • Actors don't protect their heads • The hero cuts through enemies like paper • Final fight protagonist and antagonist try and push through each other's weapons. A few of these are just cliche film techniques, but they're still irritating. If you're going to make an 'historical' film do it right you twits.
matthew3323
#174686818Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:04 AM GMT

Oh, and horned viking helmets in battle. Not true.
Zeluka
#174694540Tuesday, September 22, 2015 12:30 PM GMT

they do this because no one cares about medieval times except you and some others peasant was logan896
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174711300Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:14 PM GMT

Hey Matt. Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
Plexahedron
#174714803Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:07 PM GMT

According to some accounts I believe Europeans that fought in the crusades did report there were swords that could pretty much cut through anything in the Middle East, but not necessarily Katanas. But don't quote me on that. And I'm pretty sure women didn't wear armor at all haha. But overall you're correct. "He who slings mud generally loses ground." - Adlai Stevenson
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174715078Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:11 PM GMT

"According to some accounts I believe Europeans that fought in the crusades did report there were swords that could pretty much cut through anything in the Middle East, but not necessarily Katanas." The crusaders were idiots. Seeing as to how badly they were slaughtered after the first crusade, they probably made that up as a theory of why they were losing to "savages." Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
LordMortarion
#174715118Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:12 PM GMT

weapons sheathed on the back
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174715335Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:14 PM GMT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
Plexahedron
#174716171Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:24 PM GMT

Depending on the crusade, you're right, they kinda got upset they were losing to the "heathen". But I wouldn't say they called them savages. If that was the case they probably wouldn't have taken the Muslims technology and art back to Europe, and we would probably never would have had the Renaissance. "He who slings mud generally loses ground." - Adlai Stevenson
LordMortarion
#174716875Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:32 PM GMT

Do remember that some crusades were against the ottoman empire, not poor citizens in mud huts. The ottoman empire being a caliphate built on slavery
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174720178Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:16 PM GMT

"Do remember that some crusades were against the ottoman empire, not poor citizens in mud huts. The ottoman empire being a caliphate built on slavery" The Ottoman Empire didn't exist until 1299, the first crusade started in 1096. Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
LordMortarion
#174721441Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:33 PM GMT

yeah it was the fourth crusade that was against the ottomans
DelbertRosenfeld
#174724260Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:07 PM GMT

Zeluka is a troll. Obvious troll is obvious. You must either be an idiot or a troll to say no one cares about it. Anyways, it is Hollywood, sadly. I hate historical inaccuracy.
Zeluka
#174739841Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:05 AM GMT

no one cares about medieval times except "you and some others" idiot was logan896
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174739988Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:06 AM GMT

"no one cares about medieval times except "you and some others" idiot" Who are you again? Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
Zeluka
#174740222Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:09 AM GMT

some kid, who are you was logan896
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174740334Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:10 AM GMT

"some kid, who are you" Some kid. Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
LordMortarion
#174742864Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:43 AM GMT

you know why zeluka is trying to cover this up? It's obvious; he's from a melting pot nation that never contributed to medieval history until yuropoor ousted the natives from america
Zeluka
#174743457Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:52 AM GMT

you know why zeluka is trying to cover this up? It's obvious; he's from a melting pot nation that never contributed to medieval history until yuropoor ousted the natives from america idc my country didn't contribute why is that relevant anyway, and cover what up exactly? the fact that "I THINK" that medieval films would be boring if they were 100% historically accurate, and that the only people who probably care about them being accurate is people who like this stuff was logan896
ducky980
#174743941Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:00 AM GMT

I agree with everything except the women's armor thing. Women's armor couldn't actually cover their breasts or they would be severely hurt on impact from just a shove at their armor.
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174744135Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:03 AM GMT

"idc my country didn't contribute why is that relevant anyway, and cover what up exactly? the fact that "I THINK" that medieval films would be boring if they were 100% historically accurate, and that the only people who probably care about them being accurate is people who like this stuff" so basically what you're saying is that you're like every other moron that thinks a historically accurate film would be boring because "lulz historee iz boreeng xddd edge" Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
Zeluka
#174744526Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:09 AM GMT

you're a moron for thinking that i think that all historically accurate films are boring. i only think medieval history is boring, because like lord said, my country never contributed, and because of the fact that medieval stuff does not interest me was logan896
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174744653Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:11 AM GMT

"you're a moron for thinking that i think that all historically accurate films are boring. i only think medieval history is boring, because like lord said, my country never contributed, and because of the fact that medieval stuff does not interest me" Direct quote; "the fact that "I THINK" that medieval films would be boring if they were 100% historically accurate, and that the only people who probably care about them being accurate is people who like this stuff" I'm ready for your next excuse. Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.
Zeluka
#174744763Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:12 AM GMT

that medieval films would be boring your point... was logan896
BENSTILLHAUNTS
#174744953Wednesday, September 23, 2015 3:15 AM GMT

"that medieval films would be boring" historically accurate can mean medieval too. if you really hated medieval films, you really had no point posting on this thread or reading it at all. But that's just how your edgy little mindset works, isn't it? You know your worthless opinions will earn you infamy, yet you still say things. Well that's the end of this post. Remember to rate the post, comment the post, and subscribe if you want to see posts similar to this one. See ya.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right