of     1   

spartank45
#178065201Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:25 PM GMT

Clearly you have not played the previous Fallout's if you think this abomination of a fallout is decent Removal of skills, simplified/cringe-worthy dialogue, linear story, uninteresting quests/NPC's, no innovation in terms of engine This is not a Fallout, its a Far Cry with the fallout universe
bluevioletrose
#178066779Sunday, November 15, 2015 5:52 PM GMT

I hated Fallout 3 and Fallout NV due to how mechanically awful they were and a whole array of problems Any karma system in any game is a complete and utter joke The animation quality is the worst I've ever seen The gunplay is incredibly clunky and awful Stories are terrible, go find your dad, go find that guy that shot you in the head, OH NO NCR AND LEGION Not sure why you're complaining about boring NPCs as the NPCs in FO3 and FO NV are incredibly mundane AI is terrible Writing has been pretty lame, "Let's keep this in the groove, hey? Smooth moves, like smooth little babies" WHAT Huge array of technical issues I don't see what made FO3 and FO NV so great
GoBackToLeddit
#178067495Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:02 PM GMT

"Any karma system in any game is a complete and utter joke The animation quality is the worst I've ever seen The gunplay is incredibly clunky and awful Stories are terrible, go find your dad, go find that guy that shot you in the head, OH NO NCR AND LEGION Not sure why you're complaining about boring NPCs as the NPCs in FO3 and FO NV are incredibly mundane AI is terrible Writing has been pretty lame, "Let's keep this in the groove, hey? Smooth moves, like smooth little babies" WHAT Huge array of technical issues" Karma was basically useless and pointless in new vegas, faction rep was Karma 2.0 and very good. Animation quality is bethesda's fault, they're still living 10 years in the past. New Vegas has a very good story, obviously you didn't complete it if you think it was bad. There are many good NPCs in Fallout: New Vegas, every companion is interesting, characters like Caesar are so well written people still discuss him today when talking about the game. And also the DLCs are basically terrible but worth it for the great characters. AI is another problem with bethesda, as I said before, they haven't improved since oblivion. Writing is brilliant in fallout new vegas, that example you gave is Benny trying to play the roll of a swinger, he's trying to calm you down and act natural and friendly so you don't try and kill him. He's scared to death because you've practically came back to life and hunted him down. Not to mention his whole tribe's thing is that they act like that, it's just how their culture came about. Technical issues in fallout new vegas are to blame on bethesda's bad engine and them being rushed for time. New Vegas is a fantastic game, 3 not so much. ~Sturges? Tell her~
bluevioletrose
#178068582Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:20 PM GMT

"that example you gave is Benny trying to play the roll of a swinger, he's trying to calm you down and act natural and friendly so you don't try and kill him." Even with that context it doesnt help the fact that I cringed at the dialogue Another fine example of what happens when you try to use the talent of well known actors and try to incorporate that in a video game, It doesn't work, on screen performances don't translate well when you sit in an audio booth or whatnot and record your lines Matthew Perry has the perfect sarcastic disposition for a guy like Benny but his line delivery is really pathetic if I had to be honest The only worthwhile dialogue in New Vegas is when you spam enter with your maxed out speech skill to Legate Lanius, it makes for an interesting conversation but that was really about it Legate Lanius was the only NPC I liked as his tone was incredibly menacing and his lines were delivered perfectly "Karma was basically useless and pointless in new vegas" Why is this such a common criticism of Fallout 4 then if the karma system was pointless anyway An incredibly redundant mechanic removed and people got up in arms about it
bluevioletrose
#178068821Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:23 PM GMT

"New Vegas has a very good story, obviously you didn't complete it if you think it was bad." Maybe it's unfair to judge New Vegas's story then since it had been an incredibly long time since I played the game
GoBackToLeddit
#178069048Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:26 PM GMT

"Even with that context it doesnt help the fact that I cringed at the dialogue Another fine example of what happens when you try to use the talent of well known actors and try to incorporate that in a video game, It doesn't work, on screen performances don't translate well when you sit in an audio booth or whatnot and record your lines Matthew Perry has the perfect sarcastic disposition for a guy like Benny but his line delivery is really pathetic if I had to be honest The only worthwhile dialogue in New Vegas is when you spam enter with your maxed out speech skill to Legate Lanius, it makes for an interesting conversation but that was really about it Legate Lanius was the only NPC I liked as his tone was incredibly menacing and his lines were delivered perfectly" I think Matthew Perry did a decent job for a non-voice actor. We've seen big actors get paid for voice acting and just basically phone it it (Peter Dinklage in Destiny, Liam Neeson in fallout 3) Sure he wasn't perfect but I think he did a good job and I'm a big fan of friends so really it was like christmas. I think the entire final section of the game had fantastic writing, Lanius and General oliver were really well written characters. ~Sturges? Tell her~
NightFury898
#178069301Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:30 PM GMT

Wasn't NV made in like 8 weeks or something? VGC's official CD PROJEKT RED Fanboy
GoBackToLeddit
#178069309Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:30 PM GMT

"Why is this such a common criticism of Fallout 4 then if the karma system was pointless anyway An incredibly redundant mechanic removed and people got up in arms about it" Only fallout 3 babies are mad honestly, everybody else doesn't care because it's a stupid and broken mechanic. ~Sturges? Tell her~
GoBackToLeddit
#178069440Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:31 PM GMT

"Wasn't NV made in like 8 weeks or something?" Officially it was 17 hours and the budget was half a cup of coffee and a 5 dollar walmart giftcard. (18 months, as opposed to fallout 3's 4 years and fallout 4's 4 years) ~Sturges? Tell her~
bluevioletrose
#178069563Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:33 PM GMT

"Wasn't NV made in like 8 weeks or something?" No, I believe it was announced 2009 and it got released in October 2010
bluevioletrose
#178069637Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:34 PM GMT

Nvm I'm dumb
Bigtiop26
#178070182Sunday, November 15, 2015 6:43 PM GMT

"Fallout 4 is truly terrible! If you are taking part in this new generation of Falllut, then you are stupid! Yes, I know, it may sound insulting, but it's also true!"
konrian
#178072355Sunday, November 15, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

if you think roblox is good you are a weirdo
death46992backup
#178112898Monday, November 16, 2015 1:06 PM GMT

Sorry, Fallout was a good game, but it's overhyped, and over-hated. Just play it for your own enjoyment, nothing more, as all video games should be played.

of     1