of     9   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

benzo2
#178246200Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:44 AM GMT

Campaign: The Sundering Player: Z0rr0w Companion(s): Solo-Play The story so far... "The world shall know it's end in a torrent of holy fire, marking the days when Gods walk among men." The acient prophecy has always been the greatest fear for many. That fear only now came to life, however, as reports of fire's breaking out across the realm leaving towns and villages as naught but smoldering ruins. No one knew the source of these attacks, simply because no one ever survived to tell the tale. That is... until today. It was a regular, slow day for Elizabeth and Gage as they tried to find ways to pass time as they sat in their shop. Just as Elizabeth is about to say something, a man come running through the door, nearly crashing into the counter in the process. "Help! Help, please! The... The Sundering! They're after me!" Character Sheet:  Name: Adam Gage Age: 26 Campaign: The Sundering Bio: [Content Unavailable] Class: Ranger Perk: Protected Constitution: 13 (130 Health) Dexterity: 10 (5% Crit Chance) Cunning: 10 (50% Crit Bonus) Speed: 2 Agility: 1/5 Max Strength: 3/10 Max Protection: 1/10 Max Name: Elizabeth Turvin Age: 24 Bio: Born into a family of blacksmiths, Elizabeth was shunned at birth for being born a female. Growing up, she was always all but ignored by her father, leading her to run away at 18, where she soon found herself in the light of the Maker's church. There, she was bathed in new hope, but she knew the life of a chantry sister wasn't for her. She knew she had to prove her father wrong, by being a Paladin of the Maker, sworn to spread his kindness and vengance across the land. Her appearance includes her silken light brown hair, hanging down to her shoulders as she stands on the slightly shorter side of 5'4. Since joining the Church, she will normally find a way to paint the Maker's iconic sunbeam image onto her plated armor, along with the popular image of the Maker's Watchful Eye typically found on most gold currencies used by man. It was during one of her missions to bring in an escaped convict that she met Gage, growing an instant friendship as they began a personal mercenary business. Class: Paladin Perk: Devoted to the Maker Stats: (Add 10 points to existing) Constitution: 15 (150 Health) Dexterity: 10 (5% Crit Chance) Cunning: 10 (50% Crit Bonus) Speed: 1 Agility: 2/5 Max Strength: 0/10 Max Protection: 2/10 Max [Items Gained!] 1) Huntsman's Harness - Equipped by Gage Item Class - Medium Armor, Chest Stats: Armor +10 2) Huntsman's Leggings - Equipped by Gage Item Class - Medium Armor, Legs Stats: Armor +5 3) Merc's Crossbow - Equipped by Gage Item Class - Weapon, Ranged Stats: 12-15 Damage +8 Speed 4) Crusader's Cuirass - Equipped by Elizabeth Item Class - Heavy Armor, Chest Stats: Armor +20 5) Heavy Leggings - Equipped by Elizabeth Item Class - Heavy Armor, Legs Stats: Armor +10 6) Crusader's Longsword - Equipped by Elizabeth Item Class - Weapon, Melee Stats: 8-10 Damage +5 Speed 7) Crusader's Wall - Equipped by Elizabeth Item Class - Weapon, Shield Stats: Armor +20 [Items placed into inventory!] Potion of Healing x5 - Instantly restore 50 health Potion of Stamina x5 - instantly restore 50 stamina [2/8 Inventory slots used for Gage and Elizabeth.]
Z0rr0w
#178256176Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:23 PM GMT

CS for my future reference: http://pastebin.com/LX3F0nkc I look up from the floor at the panicking man. Just what Elizabeth and I were waiting for, I suppose. Though, I could've done well with a few more minutes of rest, a few more coins in my pocket might be even lovelier. I move my feet slowly off their comfortable position on top of my counter, setting them down on the wooden floor. There's a price for everything, but that price would have to be sorted out once I've figured out just what exactly "The Sundering" is. "After you?" I question, looking at Elizabeth, then back at the man, "as in, on their way here, right this instant?"
benzo2
#178257114Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:54 PM GMT

"The Sundering?" Elizabeth asked with a bit of skepticism. "The Chantry aught to make you realize such prophicies are nonsense heresy." "There's no other explanation! It happened last night... Riverdale... she's gone. Fires broke out in the night, and from the flames lept forth creatures of pure nightmare. I ran until my legs could hold me no more" He explained quickly, his eyes then growing wild as he looked back at Gage. "Please sir! You have to warn the Thane, get this message to the Ki-" he began to say, a bright ball of light suddenly hurling into the room and hitting the man's back with a loud clap. He dropped to the ground instantly, his torso consisting of no more than a crackling cavity before he quickly turned to ash. "By the Maker!" Elizabeth yelled with surprise. Looking outside, she found a figure garbed in dark robes standing a short distance from their door. The man pointed at the two standing at the doorway, chanting a few words loudly before turning around, a sickly sound coming from inside the cabin. "No survivors." he said before disappearing in a bright flash of flames. Turning around, Elizabeth saw what was the man's ashes beginning to stir, quickly forming into the shape of two grey human-like figures. As they stood, they let loose a demonic hiss and pulled out sickly looking long swords. "Gage!" Elizabeth shouted, pulling out her sword and shield instinctivly. [Entering Combat!] Determining order of attack... 1) Adam Gage - 10 Speed 2) Elizabeth Turvin - 6 Speed 3) Ash Fiend (A) - 4 Speed 4) Ash Fiend (B) - 4 Speed
Z0rr0w
#178257393Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:01 PM GMT

Maybe it wasn't such a bright idea for him to run directly to us as he was being chased by Maker knows whats. I look at the man's body, or at least what remains of it. Ash carries no cash. With a heavy sigh, I slowly rise to my feet, staring down the two figures for a moment. I turn my gaze over to Elizabeth. "They don't look too friendly to me, Liz. Better show them the way out before they mess with our nice furniture." In a sudden and fluid movement, I kick my crossbow from the floor up to my arms, readying it and firing a Volley at Ash Fiend (A).
benzo2
#178258207Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:24 PM GMT

[Gage casts Volley on Ash Fiend (A), dealing 14x3 (42) damage!] [Elizabeth repeatedly slams the hilt of her blade against her shield, drawing their attention and casting Holy Barrier for 20% protection.] "I've got their attention; Work your magic, Gage!" she says as he holds her shield out in front of her. [Ash Fiend (A) casts maul on Elizabeth, dealing 3+3+4 (10) damage (20% blocked)] [Ash Fiend (B) casts lunge on Elizabeth, dealing 8 damage (20% blocked)] [Gage] Health: 130/130 Stamina: 50/100 [Elizabeth] Health: 132/150 Stamina: 70/100 [Ash Fiend (A)] Health: 38/80 [Ash Fiend (B)] Health: 80/80
Z0rr0w
#178258418Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:28 PM GMT

Good to know they're not bothering me. Elizabeth is more cut out to taking punishment, anyway. Hmph, that could mean two things, couldn't it? Quickly, I reload my crossbow. "I thought we were on a first name basis already, Liz," I say, chuckling to myself as I take aim at the two Ash Fiends and fire a Piercing Shot through both of them.
benzo2
#178259047Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:45 PM GMT

[Gage casts Piercing Shot, dealing 13 (A) and 15 (B) damage!] [Elizabeth raises her sword high, casting Smite and dealing 10+5 (15) on (A) and 8+4 (12) on (B).] "Old Chantry Paladin habits, I suppose. I was always just called 'Turvin' by my fellow soldiers of light." she says to him with a slight laugh, then quickly shouting "The Maker smite you, abominations!" as she slammed her weapon into the ground. [Ash Fiend (A) casts basic attack on Elizabeth, dealing 8 damage (20% blocked)] [Ash Fiend (B) casts basic attack on Elizabeth, dealing 9 damage (20% blocked)] [Gage] Health: 130/130 Stamina: 20/100 [Elizabeth] Health: 115/150 Stamina: 40/100 [Ash Fiend (A)] Health: 10/80 [Ash Fiend (B)] Health: 53/80
Z0rr0w
#178259613Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:02 PM GMT

That one Fiend looked as though it was almost ready to pass on to being regular, unanimated dust. I'll help it get there. "I'm sure you prefer 'Liz' more. It's cuter, anyway," I say, firing a bolt into Ash Fiend A.
benzo2
#178260162Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:15 PM GMT

[Gage casts basic attack on Ash Fiend (A) dealing 14 (4 Overkill) damage. Ash Fiend (A) has been defeated!] [Elizabeth waves her palm over a wound, casting Healing Light on herself for +30 health.] Elizabeth couldn't help but to smile at the comment, despite having a deformed grey pile of ash trying to kill her. "Maybe," she says, then adding "Good kill!" with a cheer to Adam as she watches the first Ash Fiend fall. [Ash Fiend (B) casts basic attack on Elizabeth, dealing 8 damage (20% blocked)] [Holy Barrier has worn off of Elizabeth] [Gage] Health: 130/130 Stamina: 45/100 [Elizabeth] Health: 137/150 Stamina: 40/100 [Ash Fiend (A)] - Dead Health: 0/80 [Ash Fiend (B)] Health: 53/80
Z0rr0w
#178260471Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:21 PM GMT

"Thanks Liz, I do try my best from over behind the counter," I say to my female companion with a grin. I point my weapon at the remaining Fiend and send a bolt flying at it.
benzo2
#178261168Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:36 PM GMT

[Gage casts basic attack on Ash Fiend (B) dealing 15 damage.] [Elizabeth cleaves her weapon into Ash Fiend (B), casting Smite for 9+5 (14) damage.] She looked back at him, snickering before dodging to the side and cleaving her blade into the Ash Fiend's side. "I think quite a few people out there would make fun of the man standing behind a woman in battle." sHe taunts jokingly. [Ash Fiend (B) casts maul on Elizabeth, dealing 5+6+5 (16) damage.] [Gage] Health: 130/130 Stamina: 70/100 [Elizabeth] Health: 121/150 Stamina: 10/100 [Ash Fiend (A)] - Dead Health: 0/80 [Ash Fiend (B)] Health: 24/80
Z0rr0w
#178261680Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:46 PM GMT

"I think quite a few people out there would be too jealous of a pretty girl protecting me to make fun of me," I retort, before sarcastically adding, "besides, this desk is a guy." With words have spilled out of my mouth, bolts would soon follow from my crossbow. Hopefully, this'd be the end of that Fiend. I ready my crossbow and fire a Volley into the being of ash.
benzo2
#178262119Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:55 PM GMT

[Gage casts Volley on Ash Fiend (B) dealing 15x3 (45....21 Overkill) damage. Ash Fiend (B) has been defeated!] [All enemies defeated! 50 Experience awarded] [+30 gold found!] [Gage] Health: 130/130 Stamina: 100/100 [Lv. 1; 50/100 EXP] [30 Gold] [Elizabeth] Health: 150/150 Stamina: 100/100 [Lv. 1; 50/100 EXP] [Exiting Combat...] The Paladin quickly heals herself after the battle and puts away her weapons, giving the now-regular looking pile of ash a heavy kick before collapsing onto a chair. "Bloody Ash Fiends and no magister!" she cried out, then sighing heavily. "Maker help us all."
Z0rr0w
#178262437Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:03 PM GMT

I put my crossbow away on my back, walking over to Elizabeth and sitting down on her chair's armrest. "Forget the magister, we'll find him later, I'm sure," I say, looking at the ash all over my nice floor. I know for a fact I'm not going to be the one to clean that all up. I hope Elizabeth'll be able to find the broom. "Well, I suppose we should go tell the Thane about this. Maybe he'll pay us for fixing the problem that's been burning down on the villages," I suggest, before turning my eyes away from the messy floor and to the girl beside me, "You're not too hurt, are you Liz?"
benzo2
#178262889Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:13 PM GMT

After taking a moment to regain composure, she looks up at him and nods. "More mentally damaged than anything." she said with a soft, clearly forced laugh. "The Chantry taught us that The Burning Void, where nightmares such as... these, came from, is a non-tangible place. Though it lies on top of our world, interlaced with it, we can only experience it when it invades our dreams, causing nightmares. It is where dark souls of beasts of men full of naught but rage go to burn away their sorrow, before being able to enter the Maker's City." After a short pause, she gets up from the chair to go grab a broom, brushing the ash into a pile as best she could. "I've dealt with magisters who have pulled Ash Fiends from the Void, but two things are wrong here. The magister is always present, or else the summoned creature fails to exist. And after the creature's death..." she said, pausing to gesture at the ash pile. "It also fails to exist, because it was never physically real. But this... these... They're still here. They were, are, real."
Z0rr0w
#178263836Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

I slide off the armrest and onto the chair where Elizabeth was previously sitting, leaning back and making myself comfortable. What a responsible girl, taking the initiative and cleaning the place up. I nod as Elizabeth speaks. I always had an interest in magic, just never tried it out. A crossbow suits me just fine, though. "I'm sure we'll figure this all out eventually, Liz, just give it time," I assure Elizabeth, "so, shall we set off to see the Thane? He probably lives in a nice enough city, we could grab something to eat there while we're at it." Shooting at things from behind a desk sure works up an appetite.
benzo2
#178264265Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:40 PM GMT

After getting as much of the ash out the door as she could, Elizabeth puts away the broom and nods at him. "Food would be nice." she said. In her years as a Chantry Paladin, she never experienced having to clean up a demon's remains. The very concept of a demon being able to physically exist in their world terrified her, though she tried not to let that concern show with Adam around. After all, if demons were able to physically exist, then what did that say about the prophecy of The Sundering? "Probably be a good half a day's ride to get to Redwood Kkeep; Should I grab the sleeping equipment?"
Z0rr0w
#178264625Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:47 PM GMT

Half a day? My, my. There go my chances of relaxing for the day. Well, travelling with Elizabeth can't be so bad. She's good company, that's why I've kept her around for so long after all. We probably wouldn't be needing any sleeping equipment on the way there, but we'd definitely need it on the trip back. "Sleeping stuff would be good. Are you planning on bringing any cutesy pajamas?" I ask snidely.
benzo2
#178265543Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:03 PM GMT

She grins widely at him as she packs their equipment to be ready for travel. "After today, I don't plan on taking this off unless we're behind big ol' walls." she said as she tapped on her chestplate, her usual painted design shining brillantly with the Maker's rays of light.
Z0rr0w
#178265825Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:08 PM GMT

(Do you want me to switch to a third-person perspective to fit with the perspective you're using? Usually the DM uses pronouns like "you" to refer to the player, so I'm used to using a first-person perspective to fit that.) "Smart," I say, "try not to get too weighed down by it, though." Though my armor provides far less protection than her's, I'm glad I'm not having to lug around very much extra weight. Staying light is just right. I watch Elizabeth for a moment as she packs. "Are we ready to head out now? Long road ahead," I ask once she's finished packing our stuff.
benzo2
#178266727Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:25 PM GMT

(Ahh, no, you're good. Haven't written anything here in a while; Used to just using 3rd person from working on my novel. I'll fix that. Also about to go eat dinner and let my phone charge for a bit; You can fast travel to Redwood Keep or wait on your preference.) She chuckles and looks up to nod at you as she closes the bag she had before her. "I'll try." she said, then hoisting the bag onto her back and patting the sheathed blade at her side. "I'm ready when you are."
Z0rr0w
#178267117Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:32 PM GMT

(Ah, alright then.) "Let's be off then," I say, heading out of the shop with Elizabeth and beginning the journey to Redwood Keep.
Tr_ppy
#178268002Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:49 PM GMT

Are we serious here..
benzo2
#178273166Friday, November 20, 2015 1:26 AM GMT

After a long day of travel, you and your companion begin to be able to make out the outline of the keep's figure on the horizon. As you two approached, the sun began to dip quickly behind the mountains far in the distance, casting a long shadow across the landscape. "Looks like we made it." Elizabeth says to you with a sigh of relief. "Let's hurry before they shut the gates for the night. I'm sure we can find an inn or tavern to sleep in."
Z0rr0w
#178273555Friday, November 20, 2015 1:33 AM GMT

I nod to Elizabeth. Last thing I need is to be stranded just outside the closed gates of the keep. As the sun began to hide itself, I continued forward to the keep. "Let's hope they don't charge us too much to spend the night," I say. We'll get a room, sleep, and then deal with this Sundering business starting tomorrow.

of     9   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right