Z0rr0w
#181559740Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:23 PM GMT

You type in "Jaota" on your ship's navigation computer, and the Jaota Sector pops up almost immediately. You select it, and the ship starts the warp to the Jaota Sector. "Oh, no, of course not. That place is terrible, even for me. I'm sure you'll be a gentleman and bring me back to the shipping office after our date," she says, giggling a bit as your ship enters the Jaota Sector. "Maybe you could take me out for a dri-" Bella starts, before stopping at the sound of your ship hitting something. The ship shakes violently, and she's flung further into her seat. You manage to grab onto your chair's armrest to keep from flying out of your seat. Looking out from your windshield, you see that something resembling a black and blue blizzard is taking place, and you're right in the middle of it. A few sparks fly in your ship. SHIP SHIELDS: 20/25 SHIP ARMOR: 50/50 SHIP HULL: 100/100 Bella peeks hurriedly runs over to you and looks out the windshield. "An Ion Storm? Here?" she questions, looking at your navigation computer. You take a look at it as well. --- ION STORM DETECTED. WARP DRIVE DISRUPTED. [1] POSSIBLE SAFE AREA(S) DETECTED: [1]MELVARK'S GENERAL STORE: HEAD NORTH --- There's a small holographic minimap that's popped up, with an arrow representing your ship, and a "[1]" some distance North of the arrow.
simsf1
#181578040Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:37 PM GMT

Arn had almost smiled and said "I would love to" when the ship stopped. "Another damn detour," he grumbled, looking out the windshield. He looked back at her. "This is f* cking ridiculous!" he shouted, "Another damned detour!" He slid into his pilot seat and took the controls. "An /ion/ storm... What the Hell!" He cursed at whatever God ruled the infinite expanse of the Universe and checked his mini-map. "Alright, Bella, take a seat. It might get bumpy." The ion storm simulations had been the hardest class for him in the VR training, but Jaeger had passed by a good margin and even gotten commended. He veered the Enterprise for Universal North and flew the ship forward, following the directions on his map.
Z0rr0w
#181580919Tuesday, January 12, 2016 11:17 PM GMT

"No need to get so angry about a little storm," Bella says, rolling her eyes at you as she walks back into the kitchen area and sits down at where she was previously. You turn the ship against the weight and strength of the Ion Storm. Having done so, you begin directing your ship against the Storm and North towards Melvark's General Store. It isn't long before you manage to arrive at the Store, and you discover quite a few people had the same idea as you, as ships are landed in the parking area.. In the midst of the rather inclement weather, small neon lights mark out a free parking spot where you're able to land your ship. You can't see the Store so clearly through the Storm. However, you can make out that it's a medium-sized shop, not nearly as small as the resting place of the man you watched die so you could get a few guns. It also looks to be a one-story building, made mostly out of wood. SHIP SHIELDS: 15/25 SHIP ARMOR: 50/50 SHIP HULL: 100/100
simsf1
#181583983Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:06 AM GMT

Arn stood, wiping sweat from his brow. He was an average pilot at best, probably below, so that had been an intense experience for him. "Sorry," he told Bella as he stood up. "You must remember, though- it's my first day off Earth." He walked into the kitchen to be closer, so as to make conversation with her more effective. After standing a moment, "What should we do?"
Z0rr0w
#181584988Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:23 AM GMT

"We should park the ship and stop making excuses for dumb stuff," she tells you as your ship continues shaking from being battered by the Ion Storm. "And then we should go inside." SHIP SHIELDS: 10/25 SHIP ARMOR: 50/50 SHIP HULL: 100/100
simsf1
#181586095Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:41 AM GMT

Arn blushed and quickly returned to the pilot's seat, veering the ship into the open parking spot. "Sorry!" he called out to Bella. He stood and waited for her to come over and get out first.
Z0rr0w
#181611598Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:09 PM GMT

You bring the ship down to park safely. When your ship's landed, you see the neon lights marking the parking spot switch off. It seems that the parking spot is located behind the Store. Though you're now parked, the Ion Storm continues to rage on. However, as the ship is parked, it's not suffering much damage at all from the Storm, and remains mostly still. Even then, it isn't comfortable nor safe to remain in the ship. "Come on, we'd better hurry inside," Bella says, stepping out of your ship and into the Storm. You notice there's a path of neon lights glowing brightly, leading to the front door of the Store. They must've been installed so people can easily get into the Store from the parking lot, even as an Ion Storm blinds and limits their vision. Bella has already started to follow the lights, without looking back at you. You can see sparks flying out of her robotic arms as a result of the Ion Storm, but she doesn't seem to be too bothered by it all.
closeness
#181613680Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:28 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
closeness
#181614031Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:42 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
closeness
#181614382Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:54 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
simsf1
#181848641Sunday, January 17, 2016 3:48 PM GMT

Arn stepped sheepishly out of the Enterprise and followed Bella, eyeing her... "Wounds" cautiously. When they were inside, Jaeger touched her shoulder to get her attention. "Um... Bella, are we going to get that fixed?" he asked.
Z0rr0w
#181858052Sunday, January 17, 2016 6:03 PM GMT

"Hmm?" she asks you as her arms stop sparking, "oh, they always do that in Ion Storms. Doesn't hurt or anything, so I'm sure it's fine." "...thanks for caring," she adds with a smile as you both enter the Store. She slams the door shut behind you to prevent the Ion Storm from getting in. There's quiet music playing from a spacey-looking jukebox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNgaBytdW9M Looking around at the Store, it's a rather cozy and warm place. The interior is almost entirely made up of a dark wood that gives the place a comfortable and home-like feeling to it. To the left is an area where various general goods are on display, such as food, water, trinkets, bits, bobs, and other stuff. There's a counter there, and a blue-skinned blue-haired woman behind the counter. Though, she's looking away from you and is currently organizing some of the goods. Directly to your right, as in, right next to the door, is a table with a coffee pot and some paper cups. There's a note tacked to the table: "Please help yourself! The coffee is specially brewed, so please taste it before adding any sugar or milk. Thank you!" There's also a few packets of sugar and tiny cups of milk on the table. A fire place is against the back wall, at the center of the room. A nice looking velvet chair is near the fireplace, with a man dressed in extremely formal attire, with a greying beard and a black top hat, sitting in said chair. Across from that chair is a wheelchair that has an elderly looking man sitting in it. He's dressed in ragged black-and-white clothes that look like they might've once been a formal suit. Now, they're ragged beyond recognition. His black dress shoes are in disrepair as well. The man's face is wrinkled and clean-shaven, and the hair atop his head is white. The sides of his head are shaved, leaving only hair in the middle. Though, it isn't really a mohawk, as there's quite a bit of hair left. The hair is slicked back in a rather stylish way, contrasting his less-than-stylish ragged clothes. Most notable to you about this old man is the fact that some gauze wrap is worn like a headband, over his eyes. You're certain he isn't able to see through that gauze. "Well well well, two new friends joining the party?" the man in the velvet chair asks in a polite and formal voice. "New friends?" the blue-skinned shopkeeper asks, turning to look at you and Bella with her blue eyes. "New friends!" she says happily. "Yes, well, I'm sure you're here to wait out the Ion Storm," the man in the velvet chair says, "My name is Thomson, that lovely shopkeeper over there is Miss Melvark, and the man in the wheelchair is... well, I'm not sure." The man in the wheelchair doesn't respond or note your presence. He remains still, sat in his wheelchair. You can feel something Dark resonating from him. "There are three fellows over there, but they mostly keep to themselves," he says, pointing to a table where three men with bowler hats are playing cards. "We'll all be here for awhile, maybe for the rest of the day," Thomson tells you, "so, you might as well get comfortable. Might I ask your names?" QUEST STARTED: Six Strangers Down Low You've arrived at Melvark's General Store to take shelter from the Ion Storm. While the place is comfortable, everybody here might as well be a stranger to you. You'll have to deal with that though. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and you'll be able to resume your travels tomorrow.
simsf1
#183542052Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:42 PM GMT

Arn blushed a little and smiled back as Bella stopped being angry at him. A tiny voice in his head told him he was being stupid, letting himself get drawn in again like this. "Of course. What else are... uh... friends for?" he responded. As he entered, he took in the elements of the place with gusto, as though it was not just one of many amazing places he'd been today. "Uh... hello..." he said between all the responses to his entering with Bella. Quite the response for two strangers, he reflected silently. Arn spoke up first when they were asked their names. "I am Arn." As he spoke, he couldn't help but stare at the man from whom the "Dark" feeling was resonating him. He didn't know why he thought it felt... "dark." He couldn't describe the feeling, except that it was foreboding. It reminded him of being in his room as a child, with the light turned off. He remembered how even though he probably knew deep down he was in no immediate danger, his conscious mind was certain of some unseen threat. The feeling permeated all reality, coming before rational thought even into his teenage years. It only went away when his bed was no longer his alone, when Lili was with him and her soft breaths reminded him that everything was alright. Suddenly, he remembered once again that Lilienne was not there. She never would be again. He shook himself out of the pensive thought line and reminded himself of where he was. "...Jaeger. Arn Jaeger."
Z0rr0w
#183567927Sunday, February 14, 2016 5:37 AM GMT

Bella introduced herself right after you did. In your thoughts though, you didn't hear her very well. Thomson nods to both you and Bella, then sits up a bit in his chair. "We don't have very much here in the way of beds. We have a few sleeping bags over in the corner," he informs you, pointing to a shelf in the corner with a selection of sleeping bags rolled up and displayed on or against the shelf, "there should be enough for us all when it's time to sleep, so don't worry about trying to reserve a bag. Thomson briefly turns his attention to the man in the wheelchair. "Would you like anything to eat or drink sir?" he asks the man in the wheelchair. You feel Dark radiating from the man as his lips remain closed. Thomson shakes his head, then turns his attention back to you and Bella. "How about either of you? There's some coffee there next to you, but I'm sure Miss Melvark can make you a meal if you're famished from the storm."
simsf1
#183664910Monday, February 15, 2016 1:53 PM GMT

Arn allowed Bella to respond as his eyes remained on the man in the wheelchair. He did, however, slowly turn and make himself a cup of coffee. Bracing himself for a sensation of tastes similar to the one given off by the burger, Arn sipped the coffee before using any milk or sugar. As he did so, he glanced at the wheelchair man. Could Bella feel that? Could /anyone/ else feel it? No one else in the building seemed perturbed by the... sensation permeating reality from the man's mere presence.
Z0rr0w
#183808603Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:20 AM GMT

"Oh, I'd like something to eat please!" Bella says happily as she walks over to Miss Melvark to see what sort of food was around. You pour yourself a cup of coffee and take a sip. It's pretty nice, with a rich dark taste. Though, if you prefer something creamier, you may want to add a bit of milk. It's nowhere near as nice as the burger you got from that cute girl. You glance over at the man in the wheelchair. He's facing blankly at a wall, his vision obscured by the headband of gauze. The Dark radiating from him makes you uncomfortable.
simsf1
#184101057Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:53 PM GMT

Arn made sure to add milk, savoring the feeling of watching the dark, black of the coffee be melded with that creamy brown color from the milk. He swirled it with a stirring straw, mixing it in and taking another sip as he glanced at the man. The feeling of foreboding the human gave him was almost overwhelming, but he tried to take what feeling of safety he could from being here.
Z0rr0w
#184109932Monday, February 22, 2016 12:06 AM GMT

You take another sip from your coffee and find its taste is more to your liking. The color of the coffee is also a friendlier and lighter brown color. You can hear Bella squeeling in delight. "Arn, are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Bella asks you. Looking at her, you see she's holding a bowl of soup. "Miss Melvark has really nice soup." "It's free for my new friends!" Miss Melvark says.
simsf1
#184883635Sunday, March 06, 2016 8:07 PM GMT

Arnold, caught up in his thoughts, would not have heard Bella had she not said his name. From what he could remember, no one had used it other than him since he'd last seen his mother. He looked at Bella a moment, blinking, before snapping out of it and shaking his head before looking at Miss Melvark. "Uh, yes, please Miss Melvark, some soup would be great." Jaeger tried to keep his eyes and thoughts off the man in the blindfold. He failed.
Z0rr0w
#185093666Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:52 PM GMT

You speak up, then go back to staring at the blindfolded man. Bella walks over to a table you're standing near and takes a seat. "You seem really interested in that guy," she says. She looks towards the man, and you see her shiver slightly for a brief moment. "There's something off about him. I don't know what it is."
simsf1
#187026455Saturday, April 09, 2016 5:51 AM GMT

Arn pulled out a chair, placing his cup of coffee down on the table. "Yeah..." He let this out as a whisper. He felt exhausted simply from worrying, but he couldn't help but feel a deep, strangely exhilarating tension. As Arn sat down, he looked at Bella, reflecting once again on her prettiness and trying to take his mind off the man. "He..." Arn's focus was shaking but could not be broken. "...he's definitely weird." The trader shook his head. The Dark made him tense again.
Z0rr0w
#187054116Saturday, April 09, 2016 6:36 PM GMT

Bella shrugs. "At least the music's nice," she says with a smile as she stretches in her chair a bit. "I think I'm a bit more worried about those guys," she tells you, flicking her eyes to the three men sat away from everyone else, the ones with the bowler hats and cards, "they look a bit too reclusive." Miss Melvark comes by and sets a steaming bowl of soup in front of you. "Please enjoy!" she says, before walking back over to her counter. The soup itself has a nice brown color. Chopped up potatoes, carrots, and bits of meat are floating around happily in the soup. The meat looks a bit like chicken, but you're not sure if it's actually chicken. Definitely meat though. You can hear the Ion Storm continuing to rage outside, and the Dark continues to emanate from the blindfolded man. You feel driven to do something about that man, yet he's done nothing to harm you.
simsf1
#187063446Saturday, April 09, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

Arn shuddered. "They remind me of those poorly-written English villains from... way too many movies back on Earth," he told Bella. The pilot chuckled at that. When he had almost thought of something else to say, Arn found that he was unable to speak due to the interruption of food. The last time he'd eaten was the burger that made him hallucinate about the night everything with Lili had ended. He choked up a second, his vision blurring as he stared into the jovial dead sh !! t floating in the welcoming broth of soup. However, this time anger took him before he could feel the brunt of sadness. Perhaps it was the Dark itself doing this, or more likely simply his hostility and defensiveness taking over, and Lilienne's face in his mind was replaced by an image of a smug, ex-best friend of his. "Screw you, Ethan," he muttered through gritted teeth. Then he shook himself out of his trance as the sensation of the Dark overtook him again. Arnold tried some of his soup, attempting to enjoy the taste. After a few spoonfuls, he lifted his coffee cup and placed it to his lips to feel it vibrating. "What...?" Arn lifted the cup away from his face a bit. His hands were both shaking.
Z0rr0w
#187065724Saturday, April 09, 2016 9:35 PM GMT

Bella is staring at you in mild confusion. "Do you want some medicine?" she asks, "I'm sure there's some around here. Miss Melvark might have some." Her eyes, for a brief moment, flick towards the man in the wheelchair, then back to you. "Or is it just cold in here? Do you want to go sit by the fireplace?" she asks you, turning to look at the fireplace where Thomson and the man in the wheelchair are.
simsf1
#187075378Saturday, April 09, 2016 11:40 PM GMT

Arn shook his head, inhaled deeply, and looked at Bella. "I would... I don't... Uh..." he stammered, looking at the fireplace. His mind was buzzing. He tried to focus on something. Anything. He looked at his soup, at Miss Melvark, and finally at Bella. He tried to think of her, to drag his conscious off of Lili and the wheelchair man and Ethan and everything else. He forced a smirk as smoothly as he could and responded, "Well... maybe. But it might take more than the fire to keep me warm."