chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

Tr_ppy
#179859335Friday, December 18, 2015 9:49 PM GMT

After the long day I'm ready to hit the bed, and get a good rest. I'm about to take off my shirt when I hear the door's knob rustle. Immediately think of the chaser. I'm shivering and for the first time since my mom died, I'm scared. I finally gather some courage, get myself together and go to the door. As soon as I'm there it opens. "Ahh!", I scream. "Is my face really that bad?". It's my roommate, Jackie. So she was gone. I'm trying to get my mouth open, but it's shut with curiosity, fear, and embarrassment. She brushes past me and heads to drop the stuff she was carrying. At last, I manage to mutter some words. "Your-Your back", I mumble "Uh, yea I am", she says with a confused look on her face, "should I not be?" "No, just...well right now I'm braindead" "Not different from normal then", she says with a chuckle. Finally I collect myself fully and close the door. "Where ya been", I ask.
Arynz
#179860455Friday, December 18, 2015 10:07 PM GMT

Jackie, having unloaded her armful of shopping, pulls her jacket off by the sleeve and waves her hand at you. "Shopping," she says, "Lots and lots of shopping. Can't even recall how much I spent today, but it was hella worth it." As an example, she rummages around inside one of the bags and pulls out a little decoration. "Lava lamp," she says proudly, beaming at the object. "Vintage, right? It's prettier than you. Though, that's not saying much, to be honest. Where should I put it?"
Tr_ppy
#179861061Friday, December 18, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

I'm thinking about how meanly cool she is when she asks me. I'm also thinking about where she gets all this god damn money! "Where your heart should be?". After that said I get a hard smack in the face. "Ow. Looks like your serious, then put it on your bookshelf or somewhere; I'm not your personal interior decorator." "You know, if you were, you'd actually be useful." "Of course...". Jackie is the annoying older sister you wish you never had. She's a week older than me and thinks she is the "ruler of room 345". It gets on my nerves and all but at least she sorta cool in a way that makes it harder to try to ruin her life.
Arynz
#179861813Friday, December 18, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

Jackie shrugs. "I'll find somewhere for it to go. There's always enough room for something new, after all." She passes the lamp back into the bag and reaches up to flick the lights on. For a while she stands, hands on hips, staring at you. Finally, she says, "You know, you're looking exceptionally ugly today. Like you're about to throw up. Something happen?"
Tr_ppy
#179862486Friday, December 18, 2015 10:43 PM GMT

The sudden change in light strains my eyes, but they adjust quickly. I pull out my phone and check the time. 9:45. Might pull and all nighter, still planning. "Glad you noticed. I saw some guy running at me with a knife or something. Got me pale. And getting a mixed guy pale is a life achievement.", I stop for a breath,"other than that I was at Will's and you know how he is". I've known Jackie for quite a while now, almost 2 years. Even though I've only been in this apartment for couple months she and I went to UCLA. My dad and her dad were supposedly long lost friends, and reconnected when I told him about Jackie being an asswhole. Jackie's mixed too, and has scary black eyes. Her hair is straightforward, curly and as black as her eyes. Her nose is normal, and let's be honest, she has a curvy body. I mean if she wasn't an ass all the time, I could like her. But thank god she is an ass. Her personality is, well, ass. Ass.ass.ass. that's Jackie for ya!
Arynz
#179862744Friday, December 18, 2015 10:47 PM GMT

"He probably wasn't coming for you. You're practically invisible in the dark. Like a ghost. Anyway, I'm going to bed. Decorating starts in the morning, don't mess it up or you're really gonna get stabbed. I'm serious." She sets the bags aside and slinks off to the bathroom to get ready for the night, leaving you alone with the room to yourself.
Tr_ppy
#179863380Friday, December 18, 2015 10:58 PM GMT

"See you in the morning Wanda Martin!" After she goes in the bathroom I settle in the couch. Luckily, the remote is there for me to use. I turn on our flag screen, and flip to the news. "Breaking News! A mysterious change of weather has affected Northern Russia. It has caused the temperature to sway out of control. Watchouts in the country tell us that the shift in temperature has been up to 50 degrees and down to -20. What could this mean? More from it with our Geologist Dr. Germain...". I turn off the TV to get some rest. This whole global phenomenon is crazy. I can't believe that is what could kill me. After a few seconds I fall into sleep.
Arynz
#179864133Friday, December 18, 2015 11:10 PM GMT

It feels as though your eyes have only just closed when you wake up again. You absolutely aren't well-rested, so why did you wake up? Jackie yelps and sits bolt-upright in her bed. She must have finished and gone to sleep too. "What the-? Oh! Oh my god, get under the table, Carter!" Jackie yells, diving out of the duvet in her pajamas to crawl beneath the table. Finally, after you become more aware of your surroundings, you can feel it - the entire building is vibrating. It's not the plumbing going wild and it's not the upstairs neighbours blasting music. It's an earthquake - and, being several floors off the ground, the only place that could possibly keep you safe is the floor underneath your little coffee table.
Tr_ppy
#179865282Friday, December 18, 2015 11:31 PM GMT

Going through an earthquake is an experience that some say is a joy ride. Others, a minute of hell. Me? Hell. If I'm right, this is the second time this has happened. And for some god damn reason I don't get underneath the table. I bolt upright and look for the door. I hear Jackie curse her head off at me, and for a moment, I think she actually wants me not to killed by a rock. I open up the door, and look down the stairs. At the top, I see Rock starting to fall. From what I've seen, the complex will fall on itself in less than 2 minutes. I run back in the room and meet Jackie. She is still cursing her as off. "Hey, do me a favor and shut the hell up.", surprisingly she actually does as I say,"All right, this place is gonna cave in in about minute and a half. I think. So get what you need and follow me." I'm getting ready to bounce to my room and get some water, and beef jerky when Jackie grabs me by the arm. "How can I trust you?", she's sincere with her words. "You can't, just do what your lava lamp heart tells you", I smirk. She laughs too. Then the screams snap us back in reality. Shortly she meets me at the door. "Let's go Wanda." We weave our way downstairs, ignoring the screams of those who didn't take action soon enough. By the time we reach the lobby, the floors stared to collapse. I grabbed Jackie's arm, ran to the door, Pushed her out, and dove into the concrete of the sidewalk. (Sorry if you intended for the earthquake to me minor, or if this is too soon. Notice enthusiasm is about a 6 in magnitude; so not in full strength)
Tr_ppy
#179865336Friday, December 18, 2015 11:32 PM GMT

(Earthquake, my phone keeps auto correcting it for reasons I can't understand)
Arynz
#179894192Saturday, December 19, 2015 10:30 AM GMT

( Nah, this is good. ) Jackie lies on her front, breathing heavily after the run. Dust begins to rise all around - the shorter buildings are shaken and the taller ones are starting to collapse. Your place is coming down. There are still people inside the building. You can hear them waking up, screaming with terror as the floor splits beneath them and the ceilings crush them. The dust is almost suffocating, but you have about four seconds of guaranteed living before you have to get out of there for real.
Tr_ppy
#179897419Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:19 PM GMT

My eyes are sore. My whole body is sore. I try to stand up, but pain erupts from my arm. The screams ate clearly audible now. It's reminds me of my mom, there's she told me never to stop for failure. From that flashback, I manage to stand up, and ignore the fire in my arm. "OK,Jackie",I say in between pants,"if you are...ok we need to get away from here. We have escaped the building, but it'll come down soon." The pain from my arm keeps getting worse and worse. And when I look at Jackie, she is extremely frightened, looking intently at my left arm. With one eye I look at it. The sign of so much blood almost makes me past out. I see a piece of glass lodged inside. That's what is bringing the pain. "Jackie, look away." She doesn't disagree. With all my strength I pull the shard of glass from my triceps. The lain is more than I've ever experienced, making me double over to the concrete. "Carter!",Jackie cries. She's sobbing hard, and the words of my mother make me to stand up. I will not fail you, I think, I will survive. I stand back up, feeling the adrenaline rush trough my bloodstream, and grab Jackie with my one good arm. By the time we are a block or so from the complex, the building fell to the ground.
Arynz
#179913214Saturday, December 19, 2015 7:07 PM GMT

Jackie sniffs hard and rubs her sleeve over her eyes. You never got changed, but Jackie's still in her pajamas - thin cotton wear that leaves her cold in the piercing chill of the night. "C-Carter," she starts after a while, her voice unsteady, "Earthquakes aren't supposed to last this long. Only a few seconds. It's been minutes." It's true; the ground started shaking whilst you were both asleep, and it's not showing any sign of stopping. Cracks are appearing in the ground and water is starting to well up on the surface, having been squeezed upwards by unknown amounts of pressure.
Tr_ppy
#179917429Saturday, December 19, 2015 8:20 PM GMT

its hard to think with what has happened. My arm throbs in agony, but some water we found and a sock fixed up the cut. We've been wondering the streets, and I've been thinking about what she said. "They arent, but now they are. Jackie, its the end of the world". She looks at my intently. "Carter you play too much", I can see the old Jackie resurface for a second, then goes back. "Not kidding, I saw it. I drowned Jackie", I look her square in the face,"Jackie half of California is going to sink. When? If im right a couple of days. I died trying to save you and Eli. Cammy and Will almost died too, but I told them to leave me". Everything starts to come back when I say it. And Jackie stands there, mouth open. "Yea you play too much",she starts walking off away from what was the complex "I'm not kidding", I shout to her. I start to jog to her when she keeps up her pace. Then she starts to run. "Hey wait up!". Immediately i have to run too. By the time we are almost there I know where she was running to. Will's apartment.
Arynz
#179917799Saturday, December 19, 2015 8:26 PM GMT

Jackie skids to a halt and almost falls over when the tremors get more violent again. Will's apartment block has collapsed completely. Before you stands a pile of rubble, and somewhere in front, you can hear Will screaming. Jackie's hands are over her mouth, as though she's holding in a scream of her own.
Tr_ppy
#179920900Saturday, December 19, 2015 9:26 PM GMT

The scream is ear piercing. And it takes me a second to realize it's Will's. "Will is that you", I shout. I start heading toward the rubble before he can respond. Before me I see, Will, whose face is covered with dust and pain. Through the pain, he still has a rough smile. "What are you doing man, get me the hell out of here. With my right arm I dig through the dirt, and lift the rocks off him. With help from Jackie, Will us able to stand up. All he has are some scratches, and a gash on his forearm. "Took you long enough".
Arynz
#179968638Sunday, December 20, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

Will's face is streaked with blood and tears. "Oh man," he whimpers, picking himself up and turning around to inspect the damage, "Carter, dude, Carter, it's Lin. She didn't get out."
lillypad1230a
#180033505Monday, December 21, 2015 6:14 PM GMT

srry to ### but why would anyone do this it feels like you wanna stalk us your something and i dont feel right about this so i aint doing this because if u ### to stalk anyone u can stalk them but not me because i hate ########
Tr_ppy
#180059190Tuesday, December 22, 2015 12:21 AM GMT

(Sorry I've been on vacation for the past few days) After struggling to escape the complex,encountering the most painful experience in my life, and almost seeing Will die, the words ripple through me. "She's dead",I mutter. I fall to my knees, weakened by agony. Lin, the sweet girl, looking for a home in the city away from her parents is dead. I can't focus my eyes. Tears start to run down my cheek. Suddenly, a thought overrides my misery. "Where are Cammy and Eli..",I say. Starting the get up, wiping the tears off my face with my injured arm. I can't even feel the pain anymore, and I can't figure out if that is a good thing.
Arynz
#180086939Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:50 AM GMT

"I dunno, dude," Will chokes, trying to stand upright. It's hard, for you, him and Jackie; the ground beneath you is still trembling, nothing's staying still.
TrippyHD
#180095037Tuesday, December 22, 2015 4:18 PM GMT

Seeing the sorrow of my friends and the death of a new friend, my other side returns on. Well you see, my other side isn't some sort of alien, supreme, superhero figure. It's just me in a serious aspect. And you have nobody how different I am when I am serious. Smile gone, and eyes arched, I survey the area. The two still stay there, grieving and supporting each other. Fine with me, only makes it easier. I look around the whole apartment building, Or what's life of it. Finally I see something worth looking at. I call Will and Jackie over here. "Hey, if you guys stop crying for a sec, and LOOK that would be extremely appreciated",I snap. It takes them by surprise, well or Jackie. Will has seen this side of me, she hasn't. Will notices my change in character, and goes that way too. I get we are thinking the same thing, no playing around, we got to find our friends. I point to the footsteps. "Someone's been here", I say,"It's pretty fresh so I'm saying they were her around 5 minutes ago". Will nods. Jackie is in awe of how I know all of this. I look her way, and give her the I-will-tell-you-later-if-we-survive-this-look. After looking at the footsteps some more, I come to a conclusion. "They were hurrying here, perhaps with someone else. It's hard to tell. But if we run in this direction",I point Northeast from where we are standing," we should catch up to them. They both nod, not questioning my tracking logic. After putting a fresh bandage on my arm,we're off. (Trips alt got a one dayer)
Arynz
#180098988Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:39 PM GMT

( Oh okay ) A while after you move, the ground lurches again and the tremors worsen. A stranger, some woman carrying her newborn child, is running, trying to escape the chaos. It doesn't work; she trips over a crack in the ground, which, as it widens into a fissure, swallows the girl and her baby whole. It looks deep.
Tr_ppy
#180171542Wednesday, December 23, 2015 5:42 PM GMT

Jackie runs toward the girl but is too late. Will and I hold her back, so she doesn't join the stranger as well. Weirdly, I don't flinch by her death. I've seen enough of it today, making me practically immune to it. With my emotions gone, I tell the others to hurry. While we are running, I look up the sun. It hasn't emerged from its going place yet, but streaks on light are beaming from east. It's almost morning. I calculate, and estimate another earthquake will hit soon. And a hell of a lot bigger. After running and running we hear voices. I heard them first, so I motioned to the others and put my finger to my lips. They nod. Quickly but quietly, I jog to the voices, keeping low. I know how people are in these kind of disaster, if they are desperate enough they could kill us, and take any supplies we have. Around a fallen piece of metal I peek at the people. At first I see a girl, with blonde hair. Actually two of them, the blonde one and a redhead. I look a little more and see a boy. He seems so familiar, they all do. Finally my reflexes motion me over there, and I manage to blurt some words. "Hey! Uh ladies and gentleman. Who are you?",I said with intensity. The three heads turn around, and all the seriousness in me had depleted. It was Eli, Cammy, and Carrie, his girlfriend. They had all made it out alive.
Arynz
#180333491Friday, December 25, 2015 9:01 PM GMT

Cammy's frowning. These three are clearly disgruntled by the earthquake; the shaking makes it hard to focus, and they can't recognise you from afar.
Tr_ppy
#180723033Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:13 AM GMT

I'm astonished, don't they know it's me? I walk a little closer, with a far away glance.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2