of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

CraftedCube
#180961093Sunday, January 03, 2016 3:11 AM GMT

Hello! Don't mind those people asking for pets and voice chat, that only causes more problems and it's overall ridiculous. My addition is actually helpful and extremely useful and could save the chat feature to being a lot more cleaner! Go on, continue reading! I think you should improve the "Bad Word" Filter. Or, make a better filter with the blocking of inappropriate words and letters for a children's game. (That teens and adults of all ages still do play, because come on, it's super fun!) - Removing ###, you should make it so when someone says a "Bad Word" the entire message will not appear and the player will get a warning not to say that. - Adding a smarter system, which knows several different spellings of the word, more words, and can know when the person is trying to use - / : ; , ' or " in between the word so it gets blocked instead of ignored. Or even using numbers to replace a letter. - Blocking gf, bf, od, od'ers, (ect,) honestly, when is someone going to use these letters without referring to "oding". But, if you think this shouldn't be blocked, you could make a system that knows HOW you're using the letters, so it blocks the letters in the OD situation, instead of a situation in which someone isn't referring that that. So basically, make a smarter filter, and block gf, bf, oding, stuff like that, and instead of using ### to blocks phrases, just don't show the entire message, and give the player a warning to not say that. I hope this gets added! (P.S. - The reason for removing the ### and making it so it doesn't show up in chat at all, with a warning to player, is because kids and people in general know that the person swore, when your brain reads the message it fills in the gaps with the word that was blocked. Even if you didn't know any swear word and you were a kid, you'd still most likely know someone said something bad, which makes it a little uncomfortable to play at that place. Especially when your in a hangout and you just see the chat with a could words and spammed with ####, even parents would know why there's #### everywhere and would advise him/her to stop playing... in some cases anyway.)
harleybog6
#180965042Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:00 AM GMT

Hello! Don't mind those people asking for pets and voice chat, that only causes more problems and it's overall ridiculous. My addition is actually helpful and extremely useful and could save the chat feature to being a lot more cleaner! Go on, continue reading! I think you should improve the "Bad Word" Filter. Or, make a better filter with the blocking of inappropriate words and letters for a children's game. (That teens and adults of all ages still do play, because come on, it's super fun!) - Removing ###, you should make it so when someone says a "Bad Word" the entire message will not appear and the player will get a warning not to say that. (this happened around 2012. they changed it for a REASON) - Adding a smarter system, which knows several different spellings of the word, more words, and can know when the person is trying to use - / : ; , ' or " in between the word so it gets blocked instead of ignored. Or even using numbers to replace a letter. (Okay) - Blocking gf, bf, od, od'ers, (ect,) honestly, when is someone going to use these letters without referring to "oding". But, if you think this shouldn't be blocked, you could make a system that knows HOW you're using the letters, so it blocks the letters in the OD situation, instead of a situation in which someone isn't referring that that. (but what if dem mean Best friend and Online dancers) >If you hate my stuff shut up and do better.
CraftedCube
#180965994Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:13 AM GMT

No need to be rude. If someone is talking about "best friends" as I said before, the smart chat filter could detect HOW the player uses the letters bf, so I'd block bf (OD) and not bf as in best friends. But think about it, why would someone say bf as in best friend? That doesn't make sense, it would get confusing. People would say bff (Best Friends Forever) And the system would know the difference between bf and bff.
CraftedCube
#180966138Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:15 AM GMT

Not even going to say anything about "online dancers" :P
octorocked
#180966407Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:18 AM GMT

tl:dr but I skimmed through a bit... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd: you're a dingus !!! conglaturations
CraftedCube
#180996203Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:32 PM GMT

Who Supports! Who Doesn't Support! (Why? This idea seems perfectly okay to me)
iOcarinho
#180996483Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:36 PM GMT

ROBLOX need to update the filter. Some people can bypass the chat filter (it's easy.) In a game, all someone needs to do is say (badword') and put an apostrophe. If I was to type one (I wouldn't) I would say "badword'" The smartchat filter should detect 'badword' and ignore the apostrophe. I don't mind some constructive criticism.
CraftedCube
#180996956Sunday, January 03, 2016 4:44 PM GMT

Exactly! ROBLOX NEEDS TO ADD THIS!
harleybog6
#180999850Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:28 PM GMT

also support >If you hate my stuff shut up and do better.
Number_Thirteen
#181000162Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:32 PM GMT

"No need to be rude." He wasn't being rude? Congratulations, you're a http://www.roblox.com/Genius-item?id=114099935
kingkiller1000
#181000195Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:32 PM GMT

> the smart chat filter could detect HOW the player uses the letters bf, so I'd block bf (OD) and not bf as in best friends. How do you expect to be able to do THAT?
vlacy05
#181000403Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:35 PM GMT

My fav part is "remove the ####" PLEASE DO SO.
iOcarinho
#181000577Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:38 PM GMT

Yes. The "####" just makes people do it more, so they know they can do it. People know when they see "you're a ####hole" it's a bad word. This could come under this subject, or bullying. ROBLOX should ban the swearers right on the spot. I don't mind constructive criticism.
CraftedCube
#181001882Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:56 PM GMT

Simple 1 question QnA How would you expect it to know how you're using the word? All I know is that it's very possible. The only way I could explain it is through Minecraft. Basically online on Minecraft people have made modifications to the chat so it could detect how you're using the word, different spellings, symbols in between the word, and more. Thus you'd get punished. It can even detect that assassin is okay, but a__ isn't. Very Possible.
iOcarinho
#181002130Sunday, January 03, 2016 5:59 PM GMT

true dattt I don't mind constructive criticism.
imadognotahuman
#181002571Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:05 PM GMT

Sure ok. Support.
CraftedCube
#181002790Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:08 PM GMT

Only if moderators read the S&I :/
kingkiller1000
#181003275Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:14 PM GMT

I'm talking about differentiating between different meanings between one word. I already know it is possible to filter out words even with "censor" characters like $. And the ONLY way to tell whether BF means "best friend" or something else is through context. Making a machine pick up on context would be overkill for Roblox. And sometimes it is not possible- just saying "He is my BF" out of the blue can go either way, and it is impossible to tell for both a machine and even a human.
CraftedCube
#181003590Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:18 PM GMT

Think about it, why would anyone refer a best friend as bf? That doesn't add up. I've never ever in my entire life heard anyone refer bf as best friend. But I've seen people say bff. Which the system would block bf and not bff. Maybe bf as in best friend and bf is in ODing is hard to differentiate. But honestly nobody ever used bf to refer as best friend.
kingkiller1000
#181003749Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:20 PM GMT

Well, you said "so I'd block bf (OD) and not bf as in best friends" so I was explaining why that wouldn't work.
CraftedCube
#181004025Sunday, January 03, 2016 6:24 PM GMT

Well, people make mistakes :P I think I was saying if possible you could do that. But most likely you'd just blacklist bf and whitelist bff.
lamak9
#181006899Sunday, January 03, 2016 7:04 PM GMT

I support
Justin_Dev
#181007056Sunday, January 03, 2016 7:06 PM GMT

why are you all swearing! with the hashtags! your hurting my feelings!
CraftedCube
#181027274Sunday, January 03, 2016 11:38 PM GMT

Bump. WHO SUPPORTS?
Ladipas
#181027428Sunday, January 03, 2016 11:40 PM GMT

Agreed best idea ever

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right