of     1   

Quantum_Depression
#184719782Friday, March 04, 2016 3:17 AM GMT

Don't know if the subject is clear enough/understandable but I'd like to make a touch function that can damages multiple players at once but will only hit a each player once and/or hit them again after a set amount of time during that touch. The current code I have is this: function Hit(part) [Not relevant coding] [Other assets to find] local HitByYou = part.Parent:FindFirstChild("HitBy"..player.Name.."") if [Find Assets] then if hum1.Parent.Name == char.Name or game.Players[hum1.Parent.Name].TeamColor == player.TeamColor then [Not relevant coding] else if HitByYou ~= nil then else ActionText = Damage ActionTextPosition = hum1.Parent.Head.Position MakeText() local hitbyyou = Instance.new("StringValue") hitbyyou.Parent = hum1.Parent hitbyyou.Name = "HitBy"..player.Name.."" hum1.Health = hum1.Health-Damage wait(DamageFrame) hitbyyou:remove() end end end end if npc1 and Atk and Blk and Clh and KBCO and Kb and Kbf and Tc then if npc1.Parent.Name == char.Name or Tc.Value == player.TeamColor then else if Blk.Value == true then KnockedBack.Value = true KBCoolOff.Value = 1 KBForce.Value = -60 ActionText = "Blocked" ActionTextPosition = npc1.Parent.Head.Position MakeText() elseif Clh.Value == true then print("lol no you're not allowed to do that. :)") KnockedBack.Value = true KBCoolOff.Value = .6 KBForce.Value = -60 else print(HitByYou) if HitByYou ~= nil then else ActionText = Damage ActionTextPosition = npc1.Parent.Head.Position MakeText() local hitbyyou = Instance.new("StringValue") hitbyyou.Parent = npc1.Parent hitbyyou.Name = "HitBy"..player.Name.."" npc1.Health = npc1.Health-Damage game:GetService("Debris"):AddItem(hitbyyou, DamageFrame) end--]] end end end end end end DamageBox.Touched:connect(Hit) I have the print(HitByYou) so I could see if it was nil or not. When I checked the Output it printed nil and HitByYou constantly, but when it printed HitByYou it was more than once. Are there any better methods at restricting hits to one player?
Quantum_Depression
#184823737Saturday, March 05, 2016 11:51 PM GMT

Bump?
SwagCuzYolo
#184828020Sunday, March 06, 2016 1:00 AM GMT

Add their player to a table and remove them from the table after a set amount of time.

of     1