of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

SergentSins
#186121322Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:51 PM GMT

If you know how to script and think this is stupid. That's fine,now here's what i gotta say. If the scripting is made to make you try harder to make a game. But i bet you most of the people who try to make games fail because of how complicated scripting is.even if i look for tutorials. They don't look like they help that much. Like some people don't wanna spend 30 minutes or more starting to learn how to script. I don't really know much else to say. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Replies i don't really need to hear: "This kid is too lazy to learn." "But then there will be so many annoying and stupid nooby games.." "Scripting is already too easy." unless you got real good reasoning "Noobish games will invade!" "This would spoil roblox." The game is about building games and making friends. Like when their reason why they are removing tix,they are trying to simplify the game. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------This is only my personal opinion. also if you disagree with this. i would rather not see a comment about the disagreement. Please Enjoy Roblox!
AannddyyLa
#186121601Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:55 PM GMT

http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=AllTutorials This should help you script a little better
ChinchiilaMaster
#186121627Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:55 PM GMT

ROBLOX did not make their scripting system, it is called LUA. If ROBLOX wanted to make scripting easier, they'd likely have to contact the makers of LUA, which is unlikely to happen, and I seriously doubt they'd comply, as they'd probably have to flip their script system on its feet, rendering many games unplayable. Not to mention the fact that ROBLOX and many other creators have countless free models for people to use and learn from, like RPG kits, Adventure kits, NPCs and far, far more. Also LUA's website, lua.org contains a multitude of tutorials if you want to learn LUA. Sorry, but no support on this one
800imawesome
#186121663Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:56 PM GMT

There isn't really a way to make scripting "easier" while keeping the quality of games the same.
SergentSins
#186122408Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:07 PM GMT

If you want me to say more about simplified scripting. here! I am not trying to ruin the tutorials for scripting. Ok back to real info about my opinion Without simplified scripting,it would be pretty hard to learn unless you had someone who taught you like a friend. Like why would anyone really spend ALOT of time learning how to do something simple that dosen't do very much.But please... we all wanna make great games and help Roblox.But come on.. some of the Super good builders out there fail because they cant script! If you wanna find a simple reason of why i say this. its because roblox is trying to simplify itself. So people can understand the game more. Kinda like why they are removing tix,to simplify the game. thats all,Please Have FUN!
SergentSins
#186122569Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:09 PM GMT

Even if they cant Simplify scripting. it was just a suggestion.
ChinchiilaMaster
#186122624Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:10 PM GMT

This is why people try to make friends and development crews on ROBLOX. If you're good at a certain thing (building, scripting), you can apply that skill to a team effort. Also, "great game" is a very subjective statement, Plus, in what ways would ROBLOX make LUA easier?
miniepicness
#186122656Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:10 PM GMT

Like ChinchiilaMaster said, roblox did not make their scripting language, and it would take 3 more years to make their own, I don't think they will be able to make this in time.
martim02
#186122866Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:13 PM GMT

Roblox could implement a drag and drop scripting gui into their engine. But it would probably be super limited compared to normal scripting and there isn't really the need to do so because you already have pleanty of tutorials and free scripts to learn with on the toolbox.
tamohl
#186123365Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:20 PM GMT

A drag and drop sounds nice, Yes this would make it harder to make complex games, but this can be easily fixed. How? Just have custom boxes that you can pot code into and it would run like that. I like the idea, but there should really be some more detail in it. HOW do you want it simplified, what are some of your standards that you would like to see? Any other users agree with you that you know personally? that can help improve everything when you have more than 1 arguing on your side. Great idea! try to get a mod to check this idea out, but it needs some tweaking.
Laekrian
#186124320Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:33 PM GMT

Scripting is hard, if you already know how, then it's easy. But simplifying scripting is no good either, because you don't really learn as much. My opinion is if you really want scripting to be easy, them you need to force yourself to work harder..
martim02
#186124321Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:33 PM GMT

Maybe when inside the script editor you could be hable to switch modes (text or drag and drop.) A system that maybe would work is one simmilar to MIT's scratch. But yes being able to mix drag and drop with normal scripting would be Great!
cyburg
#186124419Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:34 PM GMT

I think they could do 3 things without losing quality. 1. Switch to python 2. Make 2 scripting versions, a simple drag and drop lua(Like scratch) and the current Lua. 3. Same thing as No.2 but instead use python.
miniepicness
#186124457Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:34 PM GMT

Woah, another scratcher, also good idea with drag 'n' drop, also what's your scratch account?
ChinchiilaMaster
#186124542Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:36 PM GMT

@cyburg Changing languages would obliterate the function of almost every game in existence, and all the famous scripters may have to get their whole scripting team to learn a new langauge. There are also probably things that ROBLOX games need to function, but Python can't compensate for.
SergentSins
#186124630Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:37 PM GMT

here's examples of how the scripting would work. making a brick repeatedly change color --> part = ("rainbow") ("Color changing Rate") and when i say rainbow. i mean it to repeatedly change color. making a welcome gui,a gui introducing a player --> Entrance gui ("Gui size") ("Decal id") <-- to put a picture in the gui ("Gui Text") ("Gui Texture") Allowing guests to talk in the game --> Allow = ("Guest Chat") Hashtagging Bad words --> ("If Player Says "word") = Hashtag the word. i don"t really know very much about scripting but to me,this makes scripting stuff easier
cyburg
#186124634Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:37 PM GMT

Yeah i kinda realized that but its still an option(A very unlikely one). Personally i think its fine the way it is. Scripting is supposed to be hard. But i get what he is trying to say though.
SergentSins
#186124744Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:38 PM GMT

oops! grammar mistakes. eh,my bad!
SergentSins
#186125001Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:42 PM GMT

1 more mistake ("text Texture") you guys might notice some bad mistakes i made in the forum. but its fine,ill try to fix them
ChinchiilaMaster
#186125037Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:42 PM GMT

It' simple to find a colour flash script and easier to thank someone for a script
SergentSins
#186125334Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:46 PM GMT

its just some examples of scripts if they were simplified to me.
Skebby
#186125841Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:53 PM GMT

No support. ROBLOX already has simplified many things. It is just the matter of learning what is simplified. This simplified scripting will take a complete overhaul that might render current games useless.
Hytheria
#186126047Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:56 PM GMT

@Chinchiilamaster Uhm... Actually... yes, ROBLOX uses the lua language BUT it is a re-vised version of it made specifically for their studio/game engine and is a simplified version of an already easy language. Attempting to care. Progress: 100% [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] Failed to care.
Bradukookoo
#186126145Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:57 PM GMT

If you want to script easier then scratch is available for you.
Skebby
#186126348Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:00 AM GMT

"If you want to script easier then scratch is available for you." This. Scratch is a website for VERY, VERY young people. UE4 might have a similar type of scripting, but I swear, THAT, is not even as baby-friendly as Scratch.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right