of     16   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

LNG257
#187320896Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:31 AM GMT

"All ships jump out, all ships jump out now! The Coalition forces are overwhelming us, all ships jump out now! My flagship has been lost, all Federation ships who can receive this message, I've uploaded the coordinates for Omega Point into your nav computers! Get over there, or the Coalition will hunt you down... shift to port, shift to-" The transmission cuts off in a large explosion. The battle is over, the admiral is dead. Your ship has to retreat, but the Coalition forces move in and take out so many of your friends and allies before they can jump out. You're one of the lucky ones, perhaps the only lucky one, to survive long enough to jump out of there. The fall of the Terran Federation happened quietly. Relatively speaking, anyway. In some places there were intense battles, suicide runs against space docks, and the occasional ground invasion. But for the most part, people accepted a change of government, from the Terran Federation to the Allied Coalition very quickly. The old regime had been there for a long time, and the people wanted something new. But the Coalition hadn't yet settled in fully, so nobody yet would experience the pure domination it sought to have over every aspect of life. Most who stayed loyal to the Federation were destroyed. A few were captured, and their ships turned over to loyal Coalition captains. But some, a small number, managed to escape and meet up at Omega Point, a deep space staging area known only to the top admirals, who passed it on to any loyal captains they could find. All of those admirals are now dead, and despite our best efforts, Omega Point is most likely compromised. Coalition forces will be arriving shortly, and we have to be gone before then. The Coalition formed around a group working inside the Federation government, officials working with fringe elements to build fleets, in secret, in deep space all around Federation territory. When they had enough forces to crush us, they did, in surprise attacks across all sectors that wiped out our military and government. Most surviving Federation forces are in hiding or are prisoners of the Coalition. You remain loyal, and were given the coordinates to Omega Point before the admiral you were serving under was shot down and killed. It is up to you to save what remains of the Federation, and perhaps topple the new Coalition if you can. They will be fighting you every step of the way. Good luck. You will need it. [MECHANICS] This roleplay will be a boss-fights style roleplay. You will come up against enemy fleets, and have to destroy them. The enemies will get stronger, stronger than you can become naturally. So you must salvage parts from destroyed enemies, and install them on your own ship to become stronger. There are four types of missions. PRIMARY missions, which everyone participates in and advances the plot. There are OPTIONAL missions, which are voluntary to participate in, have weaker enemies, may unlock more missions, including secret bosses, and possibly other effects. Then there are ASSET missions, which will provide an advantage to a Primary mission or sometimes a secret boss in some way, or bring in a new player. And finally BOSS missions, which will pit the players against a very powerful foe, either the sector boss or, if found, a secret boss. Combat works like this: You post your action, and I post the reaction. There is STANDARD ATTACK, which uses your stats to deal damage to the enemy, FULL DEFENSE, which halves damage against you for that round, recharges your shields and repairs your armor, but prevents you from attacking, and of course, SPECIAL ABILITIES, which can have varying effects. There are multiple ships in an enemy fleet, just like there are multiple in the player fleet. Each ship has to be destroyed or otherwise neutralized. Using weapons and special attacks will lower the enemy's shields, armor, and hull, and when the hull reaches 0, the ship is destroyed. Alternately, some special weapons and abilities will lower a ship's crew count, and if the crew reaches 0, the ship is neutralized. Neutralized ships give more salvage and experience than destroyed ships. There are three forms of defense, or hit points: SHIELDS, ARMOR, and HULL. Shields cover the entire ship and are the first line of defense. They will absorb all damage from every direction, but are usually weaker than armor. Additionally, Shields can hold out long enough to catch all shots in a volley, even if they go down. Armor is the strongest form of defense, but is one-directional. There are front, right, left, and back armor areas, and each will absorb damage from that direction. But unlike shields, once armor in any area reaches 0, any damage going through that area will reach the hull. You can maneuver to present less-damaged armor to the enemy, though it may restrict use of some weapons. And finally, Hull is the core of a ship. It is the weakest line of defense, but the most essential. If your hull reaches 0, your ship breaks up. More on Hull reaching 0 at the bottom of this section. There's also EVASION, which is the ability of a ship to move out of the way of incoming shots. LARGE ships have a 0% chance of evasion, and only special upgrades can increase it. MEDIUM ships have a 10% chance of evasion, and this can be upgraded through special upgrades or engine upgrades, though engine upgrades are less effective. SMALL ships have a 30% chance of evasion, and this will usually increase more with engine upgrades than special upgrades. Only SMALL ships can have 100% evasion. LARGE ships are capped at 30% even with special upgrades, and MEDIUM ships are capped at 60%, but certain special upgrades may be able to bypass this. Ships can also hide behind larger ships, effectively boosting their evasion to 100% despite the cap. So Large ships cannot hide, Medium ships can hide behind Large ships, and Small ships can hide behind Medium and Large ships. Finally on this topic, there is HIGH SPEED mode for all ships. High Speed allows your ship to travel across the battlefield quickly, and adds 50% of your evasion chance while traveling at High Speed. However, you can only travel in one direction and if a ship is directly in front of you, it cannot miss you. The only exception to this is Corvettes and targets affected by some special abilities. There are three types of WEAPONS. MISSILES, RAILGUNS, and LASERS. MISSILES are long ranged with highly destructive warheads, but can be intercepted. Railguns have a 50% chance of taking one out while in flight, and lasers can simply take them out almost as soon as they're in range. However, they cannot be evaded and it takes just a few to cripple a ship, as they are devastating against armor and hull. RAILGUNS are medium range weapons, and will be the main source of damage on and to most ships. They cannot be intercepted, but they can be evaded. Finally, LASERS. These very short range weapons are few on most ships, but even a few of them can quickly devastate a ship. They simply tear through shields, melt armor and slice up hull like so much hot butter. Their short range limits them mostly to anti missile and anti fighter defense, but if things get to a laser battle... it'll be ugly, that's for sure. Battleships have their MAIN CANNON which is basically a giant laser that runs the length of the ship, fired in pulses that, while weaker at range compared to traditional short range lasers, the sheer size and overall power of it more than makes up. EXPERIENCE is given in two forms: Battle experience, which you gain just by participating in a battle, and Kill experience, which you gain by destroying enemies. Participants of a lower level receive a small increase in their battle experience for every enemy destroyed that they did not kill themselves, to keep things fair. Your ship, its enhancements, and its upgrades determine your stats and special abilities. If you don't want to read through all the pages, you can PM me for a list of available starting ship classes and enhancements. Or you can PM me with a suggestion for a new type of ship, and if I like it, you can be the first to have a ship of that type and I *might* give you something special if it's a really good idea. And finally, to the subject of dying. I know you love your character, and would hate to lose them and all their valuable XP, upgrades, etc., so I won't make you have to watch that. Everyone has the last resort of EMERGENCY DAMPENERS, which makes damage to your hull stop at 10 HP left. You CAN re-position and stay in battle, but it is HIGHLY advised that you jump out to do repairs. If you stay in battle and your Hull goes down to 0, you will survive in an escape pod but your ship stats will PERMANENTLY go down and you will not be able to participate in the next battle. There may be ways to fix the otherwise PERMANENT damage, but they will be few and far between, and at the cost of other upgrades that would have been better had you not had crippling damage that needed fixing. And yes, multiple "deaths" stack up. [STARTING STUFF] Here are some basic ship types and enhancements to get people started. Again, you can PM me for a full list once we're into the RP and all the newer stuff is buried underneath mountains of pages that you don't want to read, or you can PM me suggesting a new ship type. -ships CRUISER: A balanced ship type, with a slight focus on defense. Large, but can be upgraded to fit a wide variety of roles. Its structure allows for a good mix of weapons and armor, with space left for utility and other support stuff. ATTACK 5 / DEFENSE 6 / UTILITY 4 SIZE: MEDIUM. ARMAMENT: 30% MISSILES, 50% RAILGUNS, 20% LASERS. (please note that the above is not stats, only a generalized rating) DESTROYER: An attack focused ship type, with many ways to upgrade it offensively. However, aside from shields it is hard to armor, and is best supported by other ships acting as shields. While its smaller size prevents the fitting of huge weapons, it can easily mount and unleash a volley of powerful weapons that can tear through an enemy ship. ATTACK 8 / DEFENSE 2 / UTILITY 5 SIZE: SMALL. ARMAMENT: 20% MISSILES, 60% RAILGUNS, 20% LASERS. (special: 1 free mount at start for special weaponry. A Special Weapon is given to you for free at the start, based on your other enhancements.) CORVETTE: Somewhat similar to the destroyer, it is a utility and defense focused ship type instead of attack focused. While it definitely can't take the beating of a cruiser, a corvette working in tandem with a destroyer or other offense-focused ship is a force to be reckoned with. Corvettes can travel at High Speed without being locked entirely to a single direction, and can turn slightly while doing so. ATTACK 3 / DEFENSE 5 / UTILITY 7 SIZE: SMALL. ARMAMENT: 40% MISSILES, 20% RAILGUNS, 40% LASERS. DREADNOUGHT: Easily the largest type of ship remaining in the Federation arsenal, it sacrifices almost all utility ability for some of the best weapons and armor possible. An excellent front-liner, the dreadnought can both take and dish out punishment. ATTACK 7 / DEFENSE 7 / UTILITY 1 SIZE: LARGE. ARMAMENT: 40% MISSILES, 50% RAILGUNS, 10% LASERS. BATTLESHIP: An adaptable ship type, it is a bit smaller than the dreadnought and able to take a beating, but has the capacity to give the opponent that beating right back. One of the only ship types able to fit the huge megacannons, the battleship can easily adapt to any scenario. ATTACK 6 / DEFENSE 5 / UTILITY 4 SIZE: LARGE. ARMAMENT: 20% MISSILES, 40% RAILGUNS, 5% LASERS, 35% MAIN CANNON(special). CARRIER: Larger than a Cruiser but not quite in the Large size category, it focuses more on combat and utility support than front line combat. Able to field squadrons of fighters, bombers, and interceptors, as well as many long ranged missile launchers, the carrier provides offensive and utility support from the back line. ATTACK 6 / DEFENSE 3 / UTILITY 6 SIZE: MEDIUM. ARMAMENT: 60% MISSILES, 10% RAILGUNS, 30% FIGHTERS(special). -enhancements OFFENSE: A boost to the ship's weapons and other offensive capabilities. Upgrades your weapons on all ship types, and may give an offensive special ability. DEFENSE: A boost to the ship's shields, armor, and other defensive capabilities. Upgrades your shields and armor on all ship types, and may give a defensive special ability. UTILITY: A basic, all-around boost to the ship's utility systems. Depending on the type of ship, you'll likely get a new special ability or a miscellaneous improvement. SUPPORT: Focusing on healing and shielding other allies, or causing all sorts of problems for enemies, a good all-around choice for a support ship. Similar to Utility, but more focused on buffing friendly ships or debuffing enemy ships instead of general utility improvements. REPAIR: Passive, active, and targeted repair systems help your ship and others stay in the fight longer. Will grant a special ability based on your ship type that allows you to heal yourself or your allies. BOOST: Provides a short boost to all systems during a battle. Needs to recharge though, so at most it can be used twice in a battle. Grants the special ability OVERDRIVE, which instantly recharges your shields to full if they have some capacity left, or to half if they are down, repairs all armor by half of its capacity, and makes weapons do double damage for that round. TACTICS: Focusing on using tactics to win a battle, has different bonuses for each ship type. Based on your ship type, it will usually give two special abilities and sometimes miscellaneous upgrades to a special part of your ship. HANGAR: Able to carry one or more squadrons of fighters, depending on ship size. On Carriers this upgrades the fighters rather than adding more. SPECIAL WEAPON/UPGRADE: Each ship can mount one special weapon, and the Destroyer can mount two(their free mount and their standard mount). Special weapons are superior to normal weapons in some way, with more damage or special properties. You can substitute a general enhancement for a special weapon or upgrade. [RULES] 1: No godmodding, metagaming, perfect characters, etc. 2: Listen to the admins. Like me, they can accept characters, do battles, provide missions, etc. I'll name them as they come, and I'll pick the people who I can trust and who are dedicated to this roleplay. 3: Remember, I post the results, not you. Detailed posts are nice and all, and I encourage them, but don't be like "I watch as the guns fire their deadly payload, hitting an enemy ship and blowing it apart." Same goes for stats, upgrades, and similar, I decide what you get and what it does. 4: Death is not permanent, and the stat decreases that follow are not either if you can attain the parts needed to fully repair your ship. Do not complain about it. 5: If you are inactive for 48 hours without giving a clear reason, you will be put on the shield line for primary missions in permanent defense mode. Basically, you'll be helping your allies by being a big meat shield. After a week of inactivity with no given reason, your character will be put on hold and will not appear until when/if you come back. 6: No flamewars. If any happen, the characters of anyone involved could be in danger of... consequences. Take it to PMs if you really have an issue, or ask an admin or myself to mediate. 7: As much as I'm sure you'd like to be an alien, humans only. This is the Terran Federation, and is almost entirely made up of humans. In very rare cases, an alien might be an officer on a ship, but discrimination against alien races runs pretty deep and none have been given a command of their own. 8: If you have any other questions about things, please don't hesitate to PM me. Now without further ado, the character sheet! [CHARACTER SHEET] Name: Age: Gender: Appearance(optional): Ship name(begins with FFV): Ship type: Enhancements(choose 2): Bio(optional): Other:
LNG257
#187320955Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:32 AM GMT

Welcome to my 9K celebration RP.
jigglesworth
#187321201Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:35 AM GMT

(Well it says 9002 Posts so..... I think your lying)
pirate59392
#187321363Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:37 AM GMT

IT BEGINS. FFV Calamity will regain it's former glory once I post in a bit.
GearBlade654
#187321480Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:39 AM GMT

(Hmm, time to bring Ray back for his final mission. Carrier with drones time!)
Perambulation
#187321878Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:44 AM GMT

(NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MY RP, Fractured! PSA!)
LNG257
#187321974Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:45 AM GMT

Pretty clear difference in OP name between Perambulation and LNG257.
pirate59392
#187322492Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:52 AM GMT

I don't suppose we can have multiple characters?
LNG257
#187322706Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:55 AM GMT

If we don't get as many joiners as I had hoped, I might open things up to two characters per player.
pirate59392
#187322855Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:57 AM GMT

Moght start with a new character then. I have an idea I want to use.
Ieningrad
#187323144Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:00 AM GMT

Name: Abram Volkov Age: 36 Gender: Male Appearance(optional): Not much standing out from the crowd, Abram wears the typical Captain's uniform with various badges stored in the b//reast pocket, an ID coin pinned to his chest, and, unlike some other officers, black gloves. Captain Volkov has blonde hair, which he keeps in a JFK parted style. He wears glasses, which are Pradas with midsize black rims and non-tinted lenses. He has the typical high Russian cheekbones, with hints of a beard starting at the bottom of his chin. His eyes are golden-brown, and he is white. Abram's face is usually stuck in a form of scowl. (Basically for anyone who doesn't wanna read this, he's like a Russian, blonde Paul Ryan with glasses and a permanent scowl.) Ship name(begins with FFV): FFV Leningrad Ship type: Corvette Enhancements(choose 2): Repair, Utility Bio(optional): Abram grew up in a poor Russian family in Moscow, being prime examples of why not to protest the government. After 18 years in jail, Abram's brother, Andrei, was beaten to death, which of course angered Abram. He took his deceased father's rifle at the age of 23 and shot four officers to death while they were raiding a nearby neighborhood and hid the bodies. He started a revolt against the government, which got him deported to America, where he was invited to join the intergalactic navy. He quickly rose in the ranks despite having difficulty with controls, his intimidating demeanor and skill at commanding people the only thing saving him in officer training. Abram was officially promoted to Captain AFTER he had recieved a ship, which was a freshie straight from the yards, a Corvette that Captain Volkov had the privilege of naming. He decided to name it Leningrad, after the city in which his brother was beaten. Other: If Russia doesnt exist, and all that crap is gone, just tell me and i'll redo this.
pirate59392
#187325640Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:35 AM GMT

(Dat shameless self-insert ship name) (Changed my mind on that other idea. Not the same captain, but she's still the Calamity. Maybe different enhancements but chalk it down to a refit.) Name: Jans Reiter Age: 24 Gender: M Appearance: He stands about 5'9", a bit lanky, but nonetheless athletic. Dull blue eyes fail to stand out from a rough, pockmarked complexion, that betrays otherwise very smooth facial features. His draw is cut fairly straight ending in a pointed chin. Overall his face is very gaunt, the back of his jaw lining up nicely with the side of his head, making his head seem thinner than it truly is. Straw-colored hair is cut short on the sides and back, but let to grow on top, leaving the hair on top a shade or two darker. The hair on top points forwards, holding close to the scalp before cowlicking above the forehead. Ship name(begins with FFV): FFV Calamity Ship type: Destroyer Enhancements(choose 2): Tactics, Utility Bio: (maybe later idk) Other:
jigglesworth
#187326049Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:41 AM GMT

Name: Rory Grey Age: 43 Gender: Male Appearance(optional): He stands around 6ft tall. He wears a white, military-commander-like suit with his medals on his right arm. His face has a few rough-looking wrinkles on both sides. He is in very good shape and is quite athletic-looking. He has small hair, mostly brown with some grey hairs. He acts, and looks, very trustworthy and authoritative. Ship name(begins with FFV): FFV Liberal Ship type: Corvette Enhancements(choose 2): Defense, Boost. Bio(optional): He was born into the military, like his father and grandfather before him. He trained everyday, almost nonstop for this. He practiced with his pain threshold to try and heighten it, he played with his fears as well. Of course, one cannot be not afraid of something, although they can be as brave as possible, and Rory was close. He never was ready for the moment when his admiral died. And now, he has to step up and help his fleet as much as possible. Other: Very cliche bio don't yah know?
LeBlaster200
#187326626Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:50 AM GMT

Mark
LNG257
#187327446Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:03 AM GMT

Alrighty, I've finished up all the numbers stuff on my side of things, let's get to business! I have to retrieve the old special abilities from the first thread, and make some new ones for you folks, then I can hop in and give you all your stats. Lenin, russia and 'murica don't exist anymore. This is spaaaaaaaaaace, but you're accepted in any case. If you want to remake your bio, that's perfectly fine. Pirate, you're still cool. Accepted. Jiggles, welcome to the fold in accepted. Though being a military lifer, I'd have thought you'd go with something a little bigger than that tiny Corvette. No problem though, the little ship is one tough son of a space pirate.
k3rl343
#187328629Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:28 AM GMT

Name: Morzan "Hrothgar" Caulton Age: 48 Gender: M Appearance(optional): Ship name(begins with FFV): FFV Varden Ship type: Carrier Enhancements(choose 2): Support/Defense Bio(optional): Other: pls havent read inheritance
LNG257
#187330599Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:09 AM GMT

Alrighty, so I went into the old thread and gathered up all the special abilities from it. Tactics is looking a little bleak, however, with only 2 abilities while I promised 2 special abilities for that enhancement. Meanwhile, Support has a whopping 3 abilities on its list, which is purty nice. Anyway, k3rl is accepted. I'll get everything sorted out momentarily.
k3rl343
#187330872Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:15 AM GMT

Alrighty then.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#187331331Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:26 AM GMT

(Dang, dude, how did this fit in the text box? I'm definitely marking this one for later.)
LeBlaster200
#187332363Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:49 AM GMT

I was going to put off making a CS until tomorrow, but then I realize that the appearance and bio are optional. [CHARACTER SHEET] Name: Vincent Ruul Age: 29 Gender: M Appearance(optional): Ship name(begins with FFV): FFV Urge Ship type: Carrier Enhancements(choose 2): Defense and Repair Bio(optional): Other: Laziness is fun
GearBlade654
#187333310Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:09 AM GMT

(Mind if I bring in Ray from the old Fractured?)
jigglesworth
#187339734Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:20 AM GMT

(I chose the Corvette because it has the biggest Utility, along with good Defense. So I find that quite useful in certain situations.)
Timepockie
#187341098Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:19 PM GMT

(Marked)
LNG257
#187344609Thursday, April 14, 2016 2:15 PM GMT

If anyone still has their character from the first Fractured, I'd love to see them. Leblaster is accepted, welcome to the partaaaaaay. Also, general notice: EVERYONE so far is a back-line support ship. Which means I'm locking any more Corvettes, Carriers, or Destroyers until we get some Cruisers, Battleships, and Dreadnoughts.
LNG257
#187363685Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:57 PM GMT

Okay, so... I have to get through class, then I'll get everyone their stats and abilities. We're still open, everyone who wants to join.

of     16   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right