chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

williamis3
#187565065Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:13 PM GMT

"and pointing a gun and shooting is more difficult than timing lunges, i've done both so I'm saying this from experience" no it's not. you point and hold your left mouse button on the enemy? you see this is the exact same thing you're saying with swords because all you do is just slash continuously well it's not, you do similar tactics in gun fighting as you do in sword fighting and yes im speaking from experience too sword fighting takes as much skill as guns do
williamis3
#187565157Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:15 PM GMT

"william, but pointing and clicking a gun won't win you anything in fact you won't hit anything forceties will that's a major flaw in your logic." where is the logic in thinking forceties will win you anything you're being a hypocrite right here
Scriws
#187565202Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:16 PM GMT

Its more difficult to keep your mouse on that enemy, then it is to lunge, you can't argue that point. In gun's every moment means something, if you damage someone they're put at a disadvantage. Swords on the other hand mean nothing if you don't kill in that slash.
shrauger
#187565463Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:19 PM GMT

Scriws, I go to battlegrounds a lot. I know their is a imaginary ranking system in your head for those in the server to decide who I can take and who I can't. To be honest I find myself only troubled by those who get the most kills all the time.
williamis3
#187565516Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:20 PM GMT

"Its more difficult to keep your mouse on that enemy, then it is to lunge, you can't argue that point." sure you're right in that regard, but that doesn't disprove my point that other areas of swordfighting require more skill than guns do "In gun's every moment means something, if you damage someone they're put at a disadvantage. Swords on the other hand mean nothing if you don't kill in that slash" i'm pretty sure if you drain someone in swords or guns, they are pretty much dead every moment in swords is also crucial, if you screw up or mistime then you're dead simple as that, just like guns
Scriws
#187565692Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:24 PM GMT

@Shrauger, Yeah there is, but I'm talking about #1 not being #1 in every regard, like sure someone could have god like MQC and LQC can be #1, but someone with great CQC skills can beat them in the right situations @William, can you repeat the other criteria of swords involving more skill since I probably missed them, and I still fail to see how a slash in swords that doesn't kill will change anything.
dudeshark
#187565779Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:25 PM GMT

Please explain how I'm being a hypocrite? Forceties win you a kill simple logic dawg. At a base they win you time and if everyone understands a simple forcetie numbers win straight up right there (unless there's some kind of advantage at the base) -Lord of the sea
Scriws
#187565897Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:26 PM GMT

Force ties are only effective if one side has a number advantage
shrauger
#187565977Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:28 PM GMT

Yeah scriws this is true, as a smart player who normally gets called god whenever using CQC (don't worry it's just a few of my fanboys) I find myself taking CVE in brick tops to use my skill to it's strongest.
Scriws
#187566032Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:29 PM GMT

exactly!
williamis3
#187566163Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:30 PM GMT

areas such as: height advantage, timing, moving, jumping patterns, teaming etc ^ ALL of them require just as much skill if not more as guns do "I still fail to see how a slash in swords that doesn't kill will change anything." > i drain 90hp and you're left with 10 you can't forcetie, you can't rush me and you need to rethink what you're doing because you're probably dead the next time i come for you "Forceties win you a kill" because kills are everything when it comes to fighting am i right "At a base they win you time and if everyone understands a simple forcetie numbers win straight up right there" this is by far the most crap i have ever heard. you don't win at a base by forcetieing. sure they buy you time -- that's if you're winning already
Scriws
#187566630Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:37 PM GMT

areas such as: height advantage, timing, moving, jumping patterns, teaming etc height advantage: takes literally no skill, the one on bottom always wins timing: dodging and popshotting in guns are much more important than swords because of how much more important your health is in guns. moving: I'll give it to swords on this one because the way you strike is much more important than dodging jumping patterns: dodging in guns is far more important than dodging swords (I don't see howls jumping patterns can effect swords or guns in any other ways) teaming: Crossfiring, cover firing, drawing fire for a flank, all things that can't be accomplished by swords. Teamwork and communication is much more important in guns than in swords, unless you can give me an example of when swords involve communication
IiMZ
#187566701Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:38 PM GMT

swords are easier than guns any noob can tie in SF'ing thats why its boring too me ://
williamis3
#187567136Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:45 PM GMT

"height advantage: takes literally no skill, the one on bottom always wins" this statement is false, you can still win by being on top "timing: dodging and popshotting in guns are much more important than swords because of how much more important your health is in guns. " i have to disagree here, health is just as important as swords because you can't do anything if you get drained "jumping patterns: dodging in guns is far more important than dodging swords (I don't see how jumping patterns can effect swords or guns in any other ways)" the point of jumping patterns is to not be PREDICTABLE. the most crucial thing in both swords and guns "teaming: Crossfiring, cover firing, drawing fire for a flank, all things that can't be accomplished by swords. Teamwork and communication is much more important in guns than in swords, unless you can give me an example of when swords involve communication" everything you said there is purely only be able to be accomplished by guns because it is ranged. communication itself isn't limited to what weaponry you have but what you're doing because you pretty need to communicate in swords when you're fighting, raiding, defending. all you're really saying is "this is more important in guns than swords" without giving any proper reasoning
Beakil
#187567419Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:49 PM GMT

They do. I realized that.
Scriws
#187567476Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:50 PM GMT

Okay so as for the first statement, you can't win on top because a sword won't lunge low enough to kill or it will there's no other way of looking at it. 2nd if you do get drained, force tieing is a probable last resort, and health is literally useless seeing as the high damage swords deal. If you do get low you can just walk away anyways since walk speeds are the same (proving how swords are kind of a joke..) 3rd I see that it's good to not be predictable, BUT I still see it to be that health is more important in guns than in swords, which i've explained before, and wasn't proven wrong of. 4th The only teamwork required in swords is where to rush a terminal and where enemies are.. Guns require, focused fire and many other things I already listed
WolfOfScarlet
#187567489Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:51 PM GMT

Swords definitely take skill, just as much as guns do.
gamemastereric
#187567547Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:51 PM GMT

Both swords and guns require skill. It's just easier to not die with guns.
williamis3
#187567879Sunday, April 17, 2016 2:56 PM GMT

"Okay so as for the first statement, you can't win on top because a sword won't lunge low enough to kill or it will there's no other way of looking at it." you dont know how wrong you are go to any meadows with people who know how to sword fight "2nd if you do get drained, force tieing is a probable last resort, and health is literally useless seeing as the high damage swords deal. If you do get low you can just walk away anyways since walk speeds are the same (proving how swords are kind of a joke..)" you say this as if you cant do the same with guns as well, you can't forcetie BECAUSE of your health, everyone can clutch on swords just as they can on guns "3rd I see that it's good to not be predictable, BUT I still see it to be that health is more important in guns than in swords, which i've explained before, and wasn't proven wrong of." my original point was on jumping patterns, not on health. if you're not predictable, people dont know anything which is important in both weaponry "4th The only teamwork required in swords is where to rush a terminal and where enemies are.. Guns require, focused fire and many other things I already listed" let me repeat again -- the weaponry doesnt dictate if you should or shouldnt have communication nor teamwork.
Scriws
#187568264Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:02 PM GMT

The other points are obviously unprovable but "let me repeat again -- the weaponry doesnt dictate if you should or shouldnt have communication nor teamwork. " This is definitely wrong. Guns open up to MORE uses of communications in comparison to swords
williamis3
#187568685Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:07 PM GMT

how here's some examples of communication "i want you guys to go to the left side while we go to the other side" "you guys protect the flag, we'll go guard the gate" "i want everyone at the terminal" "lets flank them" please dont reply to any of those examples because they are just > examples < but they prove my point on how communication isnt limited to guns only i've already won like 90% of this argument what more do you want me to say
Scriws
#187572331Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:00 PM GMT

I wouldn't say you've won anything you haven't provided any examples, and those forms of communication are nothing. It's pitiful, guns are much more advanced and require much more teamwork in situations involving focus firing.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2