Orbific
#188017526Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:30 PM GMT

That's not true, at least half of the free users use Adblock, which doesn't earn ROBLOX anything, and considering how little you earn from ads per view, it's more beneficial for ROBLOX if you just buy the $6 a month membership. I don't understand what you mean by "virtual economics", but I assure you, I am more informed about business than you are.
Donolan
#188017950Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:35 PM GMT

"That's not true, at least half of the free users use Adblock" Are you positive? "which doesn't earn ROBLOX anything, and considering how little you earn from ads per view" How do you know how much they earn?
matmat109
#188018453Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:42 PM GMT

"Half of the users use adblock." Because roblox has been showing "questionable" ads. How would you like it if you had a fully naked female taking up the side of your screen?
Orbific
#188018665Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:45 PM GMT

ROBLOX does not control what ads are shown, it's based on your recent search history. Don't search questionable stuff, or if you share a computer, confront your father about it.
UgOsMiLy
#188018885Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:48 PM GMT

@Orbific Just accept that free users contribute more than you think to ROBLOX. Saying that they don't contribute ANYTHING to roblox is a bit ignorant.
Pengpaw4
#188018896Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:48 PM GMT

ROBLOX does not control what ads are shown, it's based on your recent search history. Don't search questionable stuff, or if you share a computer, confront your father about it. [x2] ♡ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᵐʸ ᴴᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰ | ~ ᴾᵉᶰᵍʸ ♡
Donolan
#188019074Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:51 PM GMT

@Orb and @Peng If that's so why do I see p*rnh*b ads? All I see is milk.
matmat109
#188019669Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:59 PM GMT

But wait, Ive been told some people who never look that up get those ads
Pengpaw4
#188019792Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:00 PM GMT

...because you've been on that site before? That's why? ♡ 'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᵐʸ ᴴᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰ | ~ ᴾᵉᶰᵍʸ ♡
Tyanarus
#188020299Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:07 PM GMT

When I had NBC, I didn't know what p*rn was, I was 10, and I was the only one using the computer at that time as the rest of my family was using their own stuff. Still saw p*rn ads, even though never searched it up. The fact that ROBLOX even has these ads is in itself questionable of their child-friendliness rating, but that's another topic. Plus by giving no incentive to play, most people would not get BC. Because they would have had no previous experience of the website and therefore see no benefits as to paying 6 dollars a month in order to get something that makes no more of a difference, because in removing place visit bonus the only thing a new NBC has is their stipend, and that's what, 3 items of clothing a day?
Donolan
#188021015Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:16 PM GMT

bump
Orbific
#188021543Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:23 PM GMT

Obviously you do not know how ads work. ROBLOX does not have control over what ads are shown. If you do not like an ad, please click the little "X" button located on them, and let them know you don't like the ad due to inappropriate content on it. Google will try their best to remove it.
Donolan
#188022865Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:42 PM GMT

"Obviously you do not know how ads work." Said by everyone who thinks they know how something works.
Orbific
#188023071Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:44 PM GMT

If what I said is incorrect, please point it out. But as I said, ROBLOX has no control over advertisements shown on the website, they are not an advertising agency.
Jascha
#188023988Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:57 PM GMT

@Orbific Actually ROBLOX does get paid just for having ads on their website, because of what the previous guy said: CPM. CPM (cost per a thousand impressions) pays you every 1,000 times I think that a CPM ad appears on a webpage a user is on. There are CPM agencies that control CPM ads, and nearly every popular website gets CPM because they agreed with them to branch out. That's why a lot of the same ads appear on different websites. Read this: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=145756327 They do have other kinds of ads, but they do have CPM ads as well, which makes up a lot of their income. But they profit off of things like BC and R$ purchases.
Golden_General
#188026793Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:36 PM GMT

It's not P2P It's P2W.
Anthonychi
#188026909Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:38 PM GMT

I thought this was about NBC members getting bullied by BC members. I'm sad, this has been happening.
SanoSauro
#188059934Monday, April 25, 2016 11:56 AM GMT

Ahh, y'all are a bunch of fools. Go play EvE Online. It's pay-to-play, and takes forever to get the good stuff in it, and when you do, if you're a fool with it, you lose it all. All your work for months on end. Now, what was your complaint about how newer consumers are treated worse than others? And beside,s Idk what y'all are talking' about. When I was an NBC. no one was like "man, dude, you suck because you're nbc." And you guys keep yelling that people are saying that to you. No one's saying that! You just perceived that from the fact that they're not giving you everything you want! But you know what happens when you get everything you want? *Ahem* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory squirrels garbage chute furnace *ahem*
Tropicalism
#188060034Monday, April 25, 2016 12:00 PM GMT

Their treating NBC'ers perfectly fine. If you're not aware of, having builders club is an exclusive thing to purchase exclusive; restricted or limited to a person or group
windflute
#188060328Monday, April 25, 2016 12:15 PM GMT

Ya if anything I'm worried about the developers. https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=187915851
BLOCOSS
#188062209Monday, April 25, 2016 1:31 PM GMT

"We are removing ROBLOX for a number of reasons. Although familiar to many of us, they are confusing to first-time users. We believe removing ROBLOX will simplify our product in all areas, from the UI to the catalog to user-accounting. We have many things in store for the majority of players who do not want to become involved with ROBLOX. In the catalog, we intend to provide more paid items, so that avatar customization without ROBLOX continues to be creative and rich. Today, we have introduced two expensive packages for your character. Going forward, we will feature the work of top shareholders in the community as we migrate to a fully community driven catalog. There will no longer be any ROBLOX. As our platform has matured, we believe the reason to come to ROBLOX should be the desire to experience incredible hats with your friends. We do not want to incentivize people to “have fun” every day. For our deeply engaged users we want to be able to provide more valuable things that are not directly tied to login. While we are going through this 30 day removal, we will be making each part of ROBLOX unavailable until complete shutdown. We will be announcing these craziness tomorrow on the blog. There is another benefit to removing ROBLOX, and that is it removes the incentive to create alt accounts. We don’t believe it makes sense to provide more fun from having multiple accounts, as this drives behavior that is not at the core of ROBLOX. The impetus behind removing ROBLOX is not to make more money. The primary reasons have always been product simplicity, botting, and not incentivizing certain behaviors. For those of you who are clothing developers, we believe that over time you will have a richer opportunity as we expand our catalog to a next generation avatar. We will be lowering the ROBLOX to the basic on hats and pants to help increase the volume of sales of these items for our shareholders. We have a roadmap for the future of people on ROBLOX, and as these new features are taken down, new opportunities for clothing designers will follow, making the catalog more large and low quality. Users will have 30 days to remove their ROBLOX account, or to trade them using our account trading system. In addition, ROBLOX will be awarding bans over the next couple weeks. By completing tasks on ROBLOX, namely playing and creating, you will earn virtual tears."
Alciphron
#188077391Monday, April 25, 2016 7:51 PM GMT

Point is pasting blog ^?
oni0n
#188077828Monday, April 25, 2016 7:58 PM GMT

Here's my point proven once again, condensed into a single reply-war, stating how you people [the people that think ROBLOX doesn't care, and is money-greedy] are wrong. http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=188075887 #code std::cout << "Proof by analogy is fraud.\n" << " -Bjarne Stroustrup"
Donolan
#188077905Monday, April 25, 2016 8:00 PM GMT

@Oni0n What did you prove?
Andy_Roblox
#188079027Monday, April 25, 2016 8:18 PM GMT

Dono, you're just questioning other people's points rather than proving your's.