of     27   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

succesfulfundude
#188167882Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:02 AM GMT

(Signup thread here: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=188167853) You know, a few months ago, I thought that alternate universes were impossible. I really did. I never thought I'd stand here today, in front of a library containing all of the important events of every single world imaginable. That just sounds like some odd dream. But it wasn't. Today, I sit on the bench in a park, located in a mysterious, yet bustling city. The towering buildings curve towards the sky, trains constantly ride off the tracks and onto the streets where they harmlessly pass through civilians, yet the people waiting for them constantly grab onto the sides of them where small metal bars stick out, allowing them to join the ride anytime. It looks like some sort of cartoon, really. But after being told that I was thought to be only a cartoon, I can't say anything. Okay, so I know you're wondering: Why are you there anyways? Well, let's get started with the basics. I received an invitation, face-to-face, from a normal human being. Now, I can't tell you who exactly, since you'll meet her eventually, but she told me that I was needed because of my power. Although that was an honor to hear, the reason WHY I was needed startled me. I was being recruited to become a part of a team that corrected temporal distortions. Now, I'm not just talking about time travellers and stuff. I'm talking about the people -- yes, people -- that change the history of some worlds. Trust me, I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous. But in hindsight, I'm absolutely serious. And to sum up why I'm saying this: I need your help. Badly. -Lucario A LITTLE BIT OF BACKSTORY: Well, that's just great! You've just received a weird speech from one of the most powerful non-legendary Pokemon (not in general, but this one is the toughest known of his species) and he wants you to help fix someone MESSING AROUND with history like they were throwing pepperoni all over a pizza! Wonderful! Congratulations, then. He barely gave any insight to what was happening, but it's quite easy to guess that this is no easy task. Perhaps you'll need help. Scratch that -- help is ESSENTIAL. You were not going to go up against some random human who found a time machine and started punching people from the past. Nope! We're talking about... HAHA! SPOILERS! BATTLING SYSTEM: This RP is INCREDIBLY different from Tear in the Multiverses. Based off of LNG's "Fractured" RP, most of the fights will be completely RNG based -- the bare basics will be: You will create a character, who has certain stats (more about those later!) and fight using whatever attacks you want! But, here's the catch! We'll roll a number from 1-10; meaning, you will do damage based on the number rolled! 1 is a complete failure, meaning ZERO damage. 2 is a semi-failure, in which little damage is caused. 3-8 are regular attacks; 3 being the weakest, and 8 being the strongest of them. 9 is a big success; you will do lots of damage! And 10? 10 is a MASSIVE success! You'll do TONS AND TONS OF DAMAGE! But that's not all! Maybe, just maybe, to keep the RP interesting, I'll change the numbers based on the boss or opposing team! But what about those stats mentioned earlier? Well, there will be: Attack, defense, evasion, and health stats! Each one is fairly self-explanatory, but I'll give you the quick rundown: Attack boosts your usual damage! So, say you're playing an attack-based character. Your roll number may increase by 1, or you'll do 50% more damage, or maybe even both! Defense boosts your... well, defense! Say you get attacked by the boss. Maybe his roll will be decreased if you're the one getting attacked and you're a defense-based character, or maybe you'll take 30% less damage! Evasion is an extra roll that, if landed on, will allow you to take no damage from an attack! Of course, all these stats may be applied to bosses. Health is how much damage you can take before being knocked out of the fight. Some characters will have more health than others, but other drawbacks can be applied! Now, let's say that your character may seem too weak. That could easily be corrected with training! Yes, training! You can train with the many characters in the city and learn new techniques! These techniques may do a set amount of damage on the boss -- say, 10% of their health. They could heal you or your teammates. It all depends on who you train with. You will only start with a few trainers at the start, but the possibilites increase through quests! But, what if you don't fancy using certain moves? Maybe you'd enjoy powering up to a SUPERHERO level? Well, transformations are a thing! These can boost any of your stats. However, be wary of not being able to use it correctly! Maybe it runs out if you don't master it, or drives you mad! Keep training to perfect it! Well, that's all for now. If I forget anything, I will usually announce it. Quickly looking through the last few pages or asking for a recap of the RP so far will help to get you up to new systems being implemented! RULES: No godmodding, metagaming, ERPing, blah blah blah. The usual. If you have an idea -- do say! I'm always open to changing the RP battling system. No arguing, guys! We're here for calm, fancy, RP about punching random bosses in the face! Just like the battle system changing -- rules will also. Again, quickly ask for recaps to get up to speed! Have fun, as the saying goes! Use the signup thread up there to find the character sheet template!
supermariobunny
#188185450Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:58 PM GMT

(Oh, wow, I didn't know this was here! I'll make my CS now.)
LNG257
#188185787Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:06 PM GMT

Aha, I'm honored that you're inspired my RP. I'm not good enough as an OP to continue it, it seems, but I wish you all the luck in this. I dunno if I'll join or not, but we'll see.
supermariobunny
#188188563Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:02 PM GMT

(Thanks, LNG. I posted my CS, and I'm really hyped to start!)
DealingSimulations
#188189747Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:22 PM GMT

Longest thread ever
roquinha9
#188190205Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:32 PM GMT

"Longest thread ever" You're obviously new here, aren't you?
LNG257
#188190281Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:34 PM GMT

I have seen threads that have had to be split across the OP and the first post. These are the longest posts, so long that they cannot be put in a single post. The longest threads, however... well... just look at the top of our little subforum. One of the longest threads in the roblox forums for sure.
GearBlade654
#188196591Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:54 PM GMT

ENDER! AIR! GET TO THE DROP PODS! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!
FactionGuerrilla
#188197994Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:17 PM GMT

(Couple a' suggestions: 1. Implement a "Skill Tree" for characters so that they can upgrade slowly and power up instead of have the ability to steamroll anything that gets in their way. 2. Hire some admins, maybe. Probably Super, for example. 3. Maaaybe have a "Residential Universe" like TiTM 3, so we can see which characters come from where?)
succesfulfundude
#188201101Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:07 AM GMT

(Ahaha please Faction, I'm planning to make this difficult By the way, I forgot this:) NEW RULE: You're allowed to have as many characters as you want, but only ONE may be on the battle at the time. This is to allow more cooperation.
succesfulfundude
#188201444Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:14 AM GMT

NEW SYSTEM: STAMINA: Use this to use special moves! Be wary, however -- the lower your stamina, the lower your all-around effectiveness! NEW ADMIN: supermariobunny
supermariobunny
#188201552Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:16 AM GMT

(Thanks, Success! Also, I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding whether Link would be a Main Damage Dealer or a Tank, because Link has almost all of the qualities of a Tank, except that he is quite fast, as well.)
roquinha9
#188224459Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:25 PM GMT

(So.... This didn't start yet?) sans "don't mind me. i will just wait...."
ironblox112
#188225131Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:51 PM GMT

(I really hope what happens in this roleplay isn't all controlled by Succes, otherwise I'd be missing out on everything that happens due to our drastically different timezones.)
supermariobunny
#188226181Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:30 PM GMT

(Don't worry, I'll try to use my adminship to do events and stuff.)
ironblox112
#188226575Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:42 PM GMT

(But will the dice be controlled by Succes only?)
supermariobunny
#188229594Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:12 PM GMT

(If it's his battle, I'd imagine so, but if I host a battle or something, then I'll do it. I think.)
ironblox112
#188230485Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:37 PM GMT

(But then what about times in which none of you are online but people are battling?)
supermariobunny
#188233255Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:05 PM GMT

(I'm online quite often, but in that case, we might need to appoint some more admins. We'll cross that bridge if it happens, I suppose.)
succesfulfundude
#188233435Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:10 PM GMT

(I'll give super instructions on how to handle the semi-complex system, as well as any other admins that I may appoint. It's under control)
supermariobunny
#188234014Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:26 PM GMT

(Thanks, success. Sorry about that.)
FactionGuerrilla
#188240539Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:43 PM GMT

(Ready and waiting to start. Albeit, will I have to swap characters in the middle of battle if one falls, and/or I want to change characters for assistance?) -Agile- Heh heh heh. A fourth-wall breaker, too? This'll be a hell of a fun place, with MORE fools to tick off! -Carter- Well, this'll be *fun*...
supermariobunny
#188240620Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:45 PM GMT

(I'm ready to start as well. Where do we start? Are we already with Lucario? If not, I'll probably start off with Link getting the Master Sword. Also, Navi will be doing the talking for Link, since he doesn't speak.)
DealingSimulations
#188241146Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:54 PM GMT

I'm not into roleplaying as much as I used to be on my deleted account. :/
FactionGuerrilla
#188241353Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:58 PM GMT

(I just realized... No characters are healers. I should probably toss Wyatt in to mitigate that...)

of     27   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right