of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

TheMackOfAllTrades
#189736139Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:42 PM GMT

"Name: Yasuo Suzumiya Gender: Male Appearance: A young, Eastern man with an average build and a height of 5'5. His dark brown eyes and slightly-scarred face are, typically, locked into a neutral expression. Clinging to this neutral face is heavy stubble that's a result of either rarely or never shaving. His messy, medium-length black hair is pushed out of the way of his forehead and gathered into a short ponytail at the back. He doesn't enjoy attracting unwanted attention and therefore dresses very plainly in a white t-shirt, black track pants devoid of stripes, a barely noticeable brown leather belt, and black tennis shoes. The only notable part of his attire is the gas mask that hangs off the left side of his belt. A variety of grenades hang off the right side, but his shirt is shifted and pulled down to cover these grenades. Tucked into the back of his pants is his gun, and spare bullets are kept in his pocket. Equipment: Gas mask; a variety of grenades that contain: tear gas, smoke, or a highly-explosive substance; a homemade low-caliber revolver; a phone modified to escape government interception of calls or messages Nation Desc.: I had a very long and well-written description of the nation, but I'm not willing to type it all up again. Here is a terse summary. The nation is called Narahaba. It is large in population and landmass. It is a series of islands that are connected by waterways. People don't use automobiles, they use boats. The government can drain the waterways to prevent movement. The governmental system is capitalist and democratic, but heavily rigged. The 1% controls everything, including the majority of the economic prosperity. If a candidate disliked by the 1% is chosen by the majority, that candidate mysteriously disappears. There are cameras on every street corner and drones are frequently seen in the sky. These are used for domestic surveillance. Biography: He excelled in academics and made it through university. He got a job at a tech company after this. At the company, he worked on both hardware and software. Time went on and the company became more focused on developing military technology. Yasuo was later removed from the company and put into poverty. He started working out of his garage to develop weapons to help aid and ignite a revolution. He is doing this because he's very upset about having his life ruined. Relationships: I had previously typed up a very nice description for this character. I'm not willing to type it all up again. Here is a heavily condensed version. Mei - Childhood friend/roommate - [http://pastebin.com/ZYvh2Z2K] - A very nice person who is around Yasuo's age but looks much younger. She's lived and stuck with Yasuo since they graduated high school. She cooks, cleans, and helps with inventions sometimes. She is strangely strong and athletic. She has a crush on Yasuo but their relationship is currently platonic." (Before we begin, it's necessary to point out that your relationship, in this case Mei, is able to be either controlled by you as a second character or by me based on your description. This is one-time choice and can't be changed, so pick what you'd prefer.) This was going to be the day. Yes, today was the day. The day you were going to begin making your change, a change for everyone. It had only felt like yesterday when you received the news that practically ended your life, and it felt like today was going to be the syringe that revived it into you. You've never felt motivation like this before, and you feared that you'd never feel it again, so it must be done today. Revolutionary change must be done today. As you, Yasuo, awoke from your bed that day, you immediately knew you had to begin that scheming plan instantly. People, or at least one valuable person, were counting on you for change, and you were going to deliver it to them one way or another. Narahaba's waters looked exceptionally blue today, them too seeming to feel the change that was about to be unveiled unto them. Potential fate worse than death was facing your way, but you didn't care. It didn't scare you. The only fear to be afraid of now was the continuation of how you were living, and that fear was going to be swayed away. Starting now.
Z0rr0w
#189736870Wednesday, May 25, 2016 11:53 PM GMT

(I'd prefer if you controlled her. I don't like playing multiple characters in an ISRP.) I'm certain that I'll eventually die of starvation or disease if I keep living in these conditions. At least a government-issued bullet usually results in a quicker and less painful death. I rub my eyes briefly, blink them a few times, then sit up in my bed. I don't have much of a clue what I'm going to do. I don't think seemingly-pointless violence is going to be of much use in the long run. I'm fairly certain I've talked to Mei about this before. Maybe we could think of what we're going to do together. Enacting some kind of change is going to take more than two people though. Maybe Mei could contact some of her friends to help us. She's a fairly popular and likable person, which makes the reason she'd choose to stick around with me all the more confusing. I try not to think about it though. Slowly, I get down from my bed and head out of my room. Usually, Mei wakes up before I do. Sometimes she doesn't though, and I hate accidentally waking her up. Once I'm out of my room, I head into hers to see if she's woken up already.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189738529Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:20 AM GMT

The room Mei occupied was fairly small, about the same size as your own. It was surrounded by dark, dirtied pink walls, some spots even open to rips, tears, and holes enlarged enough to witness the outside light dying to peak in. Her bed was placed in the corner of the room directly in front of the entrance. Like the walls, it was covered by a dark pink blanket, with a spiral decor smothering it. To the foot of her bed was a basic vanity, composed of three drawers on each side of a grand mirror. To the left of that vanity, was a closet that, when looked into, consisted of very unorganized clothing and various materials. As per usual, Mei had awoken earlier that day. For how long she had been awake, it cannot really be determined, but a most likely assumption would be about an hour. Her current clothing were some bland colorless pajamas tailored with some sort of fuzzy material that covered everything but her head, hands, and feet. She was lying stomach-down on the opposite side of her bed, and gazing out of the only window available in her room, most likely in deep thought. Outside the window was a beautiful view of open ocean, an aquatic terrain that viewed none of Narahaba's superficial watery highways. It scared her to think about of Yasuo's plots, but she never thought that he would actually carry out with them. She liked their life how it was so far, and feared that Yasuo's plans might end it, even with the result of one of deaths. For now, she continued to look thoughtfully out the window, her legs dangling in the air, as she didn't hear Yasuo's entrance.
Z0rr0w
#189747247Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:35 AM GMT

(Hi hi, sorry to try to make you change things so early,but since I'm writing in first-person, could you write strictly in second-person here when referring to my character?) I step into the room and look around for a moment at its dilapidated state. I'm starting to forget how nice our place looked before the strange events that led to me losing my job. Maybe I should get some tape to cover up all the holes around this place. That shouldn't be too difficult. I'll think about it. I walk closer to Mei, then take a seat next to her on the bed. "Morning, Mei," I say, hoping the sound of my voice or of me taking a seat doesn't startle her too much, "did you sleep okay?"
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189747411Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:38 AM GMT

(Just to avoid confusion, second-version would be me speaking in terms of "you" instead of "he" and "she", right?)
Z0rr0w
#189747481Thursday, May 26, 2016 2:39 AM GMT

(Yes. So instead of "she didn't hear Yasuo's entrance" it would be "she didn't hear your entrance.")
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189749091Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:10 AM GMT

(Alright, I can do that. Please excuse me if I, for one reason or another, idiotically forget.) Unfortunately, Mei was slightly startled by your entrance. But her worry was just as quickly retreated back as it had appeared. "Good morning!" she greeted back happily, turning herself around to face you in a cross-legged sitting down position. "I slept fine. You?" There was no sign of worry or fear implanted on her face at all, but internally, truly, she grieved enough for your mind to hope for a positive answer from the simple question.
Z0rr0w
#189749543Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:20 AM GMT

"I slept okay," I say. That was about all I could say while remaining honest. I know I used to sleep much better when I was able to sleep in much better conditions. I'm sure Mei feels the same way. I'm glad she's still able to smile. "I miss when we had warmer blankets and softer pillows, though."
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189749863Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:26 AM GMT

"Yeah, I'm always a bit annoyed that my blanket has a few holes in it," she sighed towards you, pointing towards a small cluster of rips that would be too small to see unless concentrated on. It really wasn't anything too major to be complaining about, though Mei was pretty feminine in that state. "But hey," she tried to resort back to optimism with a joking punch to your shoulder and a shrug, "it could be worse, couldn't it?"
Z0rr0w
#189749954Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:28 AM GMT

"I guess you're right," I say, smiling at Mei. I don't know how I'd get by in this place without her. Her optimism and attitude are some of the few things that keep me wanting to wake up in that uncomfortable bed every morning. "Do you want some help making breakfast today?" I ask.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189750128Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:33 AM GMT

"Oh hey, that reminds me!" she indirectly answered, quickly hopping off her bedding and insisting you to follow her to your kitchen. "I found something on our doorstep earlier today!" There was a sparkling glint of excitement in her eyes that read she couldn't wait to show you the gift she gathered.
Z0rr0w
#189750455Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:41 AM GMT

"Is it a newspaper?" I ask, moving off of Mei's bed and following closely behind her. I can't imagine anyone leaving things behind on our doorsteps besides newspapers or advertisements or newspapers with advertisements.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189750818Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:49 AM GMT

The short, few-seconds trip though the corroded corridors led to a run-down kitchen with all your typical kitchen gear around the perimeter. Everything was working, including the stove and freezer, but it was a real hassle to get working and admittedly disgusting with all the grease stains and rust splattered on everything. That's not what Mei was focused on, though. She emphasized the hard wooden table that stood tall on a chipped marble pillar in the middle of the small room. On top of the table was a pile of ice and ice packs that laid underneath Mei's prize to gift you: "It's a fish!"
Z0rr0w
#189751133Thursday, May 26, 2016 3:57 AM GMT

I smile and look over the fish. I haven't eaten fish in awhile. I've missed seafood so much that I don't even want to pause and ask why or how a fish turned up on our doorstep this morning. I turn towards Mei and hug her tightly. "Can we cook it right now? I'm hungry," I say as I hug her.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189751288Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:01 AM GMT

She squeaked childishly at the hug she didn't expect so suddenly, but was not at all resistant to hugging you back. "Of course we can cook it right now!" she agreed to, embracing you within her arms as you are to her, her face reddening very faintly from the touch. "Could you start up the stove please? I've never been good with that thing."
Z0rr0w
#189751470Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:06 AM GMT

"Okay," I say cheerfully as I slowly let go of Mei, then walk over to the stove. I wipe off any dust that may be on it and inspect it to make sure nothing's visibly broken. Assuming that it's in reasonable condition, I start to make an attempt to get the old appliance started up.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189751690Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:11 AM GMT

As you tried to repair and clean the cooker to prepare the fish, which shouldn't take too long once you realize that the knobs take an annoying amount of strength to turn, Mei was standing patiently beside you with the fish in her hands. It didn't smell too awful, surprisingly since it had been lying on ice for about an hour, and appeared to be the size and shape of an adult herring. It would be the perfect amount for a great breakfast for the two of you. One that you were both going to need when considering the intensity today was going to bring.
Z0rr0w
#189751776Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:14 AM GMT

"Okay, I think I've got it working," I tell Mei once I've finished turning all the knobs. I step away from the stove and look at Mei. "Do you need me to get you anything from pantry or freezer?"
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189751879Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:16 AM GMT

Mei thought about it for a few seconds, before deciding that a great, delicious addition to this fish breakfast would be: "Do we have any type of seasonings?" Though she didn't know, there was a specific cupboard entirely stock full of spices, toppings, and dressings a little left of the stove.
Z0rr0w
#189752063Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:20 AM GMT

"Mhm, they're all in here," I say, opening the cupboard to the left of the stove. "There's a lot of different seasonings in here," I tell Mei, perusing the selection kept safe in the cupboard, "come see for yourself."
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189752251Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:25 AM GMT

(After this post, I need to go to bed. I hope you've a good night and we can continue this tomorrow.) Peaking curiosity, Mei placed the herring back onto the ice pack and walked over near you to inspect the arrangement of variable flavors. "Ooh, some garlic sounds delicious," she claimed, pointing out to a small cylinder containment bluntly labeled "Garlic" with the vegetable chopped up small enough to be sprinkled out of a tube.
Z0rr0w
#189754208Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:14 AM GMT

(Okay, good night.) I nod and pull the garlic out, setting it on the table near the stove. "I'll go clean up our beds," I say, patting Mei's head and walking off to make both my bed and hers. When that's done, I head back to the kitchen and take a seat while I wait for her to finish cooking.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189775528Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:31 PM GMT

(I'm back for the entire weekend. Turns out I have both Friday and Monday off. I'll only be off in the events of needy homework or obnoxious family events.) Fish, thankfully, didn't take too long to cook. At least in the technique Mei used to, which was the foolish thought that the hotter the heat is, the less time required to actually cook it. This resulted in the entire house nearly burning down from one gigantic flame that Mei carelessly killed before any real damage could be done. No damage was actually done to the herring breakfast either, amazingly, unless a picky either considers some charring to be a total wreck. Proudly, Mei placed the food on the plate after it had cooled off, and placed that plate in front of you. The head and fins would still need to be chopped off, unless you wanted to consume that, but everything else about the seafood seemed fine. Happily awaiting your criticism, Mei grabbed a nearby wooden stool and placed it on the opposite side of the table to face you. Her face gleamed with anticipated excitement.
Z0rr0w
#189783064Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:23 PM GMT

(Okay, I'll be gone on Saturday and possibly Sunday.) "It looks wonderful, Mei," I say with a smile as I remove the head and fins. It always felt strange when she elected to watch me eat. It didn't offend me or anything, it's just a little off-putting. "Um, which half of this do you want?" I ask Mei, looking up from the fish and into her eyes.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#189784417Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:43 PM GMT

"You can have the larger portion," she insistingly donated, her sparkling glittered eyes staring happily back at yours with a smile.

of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right