chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

bookface6
#191313741Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:18 PM GMT

Also I'm more than positive no MLS owner would welcome this idea. They have spent millions upon millions to get a franchise, and I don't think they would want to play in the second or even third division where ticket sales will surely drop and they will get a lot less TV revenue. It's far too late at this point to transition to a promotion/relegation system.
MarioKartAddict
#191313936Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:22 PM GMT

has anyone said that the owners of MLS clubs will be really angry if their team that they paid millions of dollars for gets relegated from promotions, marketing, and TV bc that's a point
MarioKartAddict
#191313981Thursday, June 16, 2016 5:22 PM GMT

lol i forgot to post that for like 15 minutes (left it open in a tab) and book posts it too gg
TheHarlequinsDemise
#191369786Friday, June 17, 2016 10:14 AM GMT

"3) Lol @ Harlequins again thinking the New York Cosmos are the big s**t" no one from your side seems to understand this but at least here in australia, the only known us clubs by order of notoriety are: 1) cosmos 2) galaxy believe it or not the cosmos have a lot of world wide appeal even though they aren't the original ones.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#191369861Friday, June 17, 2016 10:20 AM GMT

"Also I'm more than positive no MLS owner would welcome this idea. They have spent millions upon millions to get a franchise, and I don't think they would want to play in the second or even third division where ticket sales will surely drop and they will get a lot less TV revenue. It's far too late at this point to transition to a promotion/relegation system." red bull spent hundreds of millions buying a club in east germany where jack nothing happens that also happened to be in the 5th tier of german football, they spent millions propping up the academy and fixing up the stadium in leipzig and now they're in the bundesliga. leeds and nottingingham forest, second division clubs, are up for sale for 50+ million pounds. aston villa got bought for almost 90 million. newcastle is worth 100+ million pounds. don't forget the amount of foreign owners who buy clubs in england, spain, france, italy and get relegated. they lose money and they don't complain hell it's even like that in china. why is the us different?
gr3attimmy111
#191373022Friday, June 17, 2016 12:59 PM GMT

Keyworth stadium (where Detroit City FC plays) holds like 6,000
NhlCh33z3h
#191373902Friday, June 17, 2016 1:32 PM GMT

Isn't Team Cuba in the NASL? they would have to expand to make this possible, which would difficult with the small amount of people who come to the games...
bookface6
#191386014Friday, June 17, 2016 5:26 PM GMT

"red bull spent hundreds of millions buying a club in east germany where jack nothing happens that also happened to be in the 5th tier of german football, they spent millions propping up the academy and fixing up the stadium in leipzig and now they're in the bundesliga." that's my point. MLS owners who spent tons of money to be in the top tier, and haven't ever had the threat of going down to the second/third don't want a team like red bull to come up and replace them in the top tier. "don't forget the amount of foreign owners who buy clubs in england, spain, france, italy and get relegated. they lose money and they don't complain hell it's even like that in china. why is the us different?" because the second division gets SIGNIFICANT less TV coverage and the 3rd division gets none.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#191443198Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:46 AM GMT

"because the second division gets SIGNIFICANT less TV coverage and the 3rd division gets none." the only second tier leagues who get any sort of coverage, even in their own countries, are england and germany. same with the third tier, and the lack of coverage in their respective countries.
B00KF4CE
#191443251Saturday, June 18, 2016 9:49 AM GMT

it's also just a dumb idea because the mls is the first stable professional league united states, and there's really no reason to change.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2