of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

MaleficusFreud
#192132916Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:25 PM GMT

tldr: Roblox is basically a pre-loaded gaming website, and m necraft, (while I don't enjoy it) fully immerses you, and the experience for an NBC would suck by today's standards. I'll start this off by showing you why we're probably not gaining any members. First off, I've talked to some people who I know who have played Roblox before, either they say they don't enjoy it or all they talk about is playing front page games. Upon looking at their profiles, people tend to wear the 3.0 package. This is just a few people however, with no formal evidence or reasoning to why they don't enjoy it. Now let's take it into a different light, if I decided I'd play Roblox in it's current state for the first time, I would have a character with bacon hair who looks like a lego, and can't do anything besides playing front page games and building with no official tutorial or walk-through. There is nothing to guide me, whatsoever. So, we've gotten to the point where we can build one place, and the only "fun" thing to do is play front-page games. I take it that this now represents a pre-loaded gaming website, yet with multiplayer instead, and my screen being spammed with ads from not having BC. Now, as a new member I could perhaps get a small BC subscription for one month, then again I could head over to m necraft where I am IMMEDIATELY immersed into gameplay, and pay a one time sum of twenty dollars for the entire game. I am not a fan of m necraft, yet they are destroying us in a landslide. There are also millions of free pre-loaded gaming websites where I can do the exact thing on Roblox, yet with (chances are) more profile freedom and options in good games to play. By this time new members must be very bored, and could probably download a free mesh-making program (like studio but more advanced) or go onto a pre-loaded game site to keep them temporarily less-bored. I am comparing Roblox to one of these free sites, and that is all roblox is to new members. I might aswell go and play m necraft, or some free- less expensive game with full immersion, rather than being punished for being NBC. If I was a new player and had such restrictions, yet so many more options of games to play instead of Roblox, I would just quit. AND ANOTHER THING, I had to continuously edit this post because the annoying filters keep blocking it.
A_VG
#192133099Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:27 PM GMT

This is true, I feel bad about people not noticing this thread. Good work tho. Go to my bio for an explanation about my join date -A_VG
NinjutsuPanda
#192133444Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:33 PM GMT

I support this, ROBLOX, David, and the employees are just dumbfounded. They don't listen to the community yet they say they do (i'm not talking about pointless things the community says, i'm talking about they don't listen to the community for things like the price floor, tix, and PBS servers.) All roblox wants is money, im sick of this. Roblox, get your god damn game plan straight, no one likes it when a big game like roblox takes a huge dump on its community. giraffes smell like snail food
VCRaygamma
#192133776Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:38 PM GMT

"building with no official tutorial or walk-through" There's some tutorials on ROBLOX's youtube channel and there's the ROBLOX wiki. "my screen being spammed with ads from not having BC" It doesn't really "spam" you with ads, but I guess you're trying to make a point, which I understand. " then again I could head over to m necraft where I am IMMEDIATELY immersed into gameplay, and pay a one time sum of twenty dollars for the entire game" Good point. But for some reason, I don't find it interesting. Not even the games(I don't see variety compared to what ROBLOX has) "There are also millions of free pre-loaded gaming websites where I can do the exact thing on Roblox, yet with (chances are) more profile freedom and options in good games to play" Can you give me some examples? I'm confused :c
gabrielroblox4
#192133914Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:39 PM GMT

LOL I laughed so hard at " Bacon hair" -SUPPORT THIS-
MaleficusFreud
#192134181Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:43 PM GMT

kongregate, addicting games, armor games, etc
VCRaygamma
#192134343Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:45 PM GMT

Oh ok, then I was thinking right. But anyways, most games on there are boring old flash games. I mean there are some good ones, but most of them don't compare to what you can find on ROBLOX(or Minecraft for that matter).
Anthonychi
#192134621Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:48 PM GMT

agreed
InklingKidSquid
#192134793Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:51 PM GMT

good job comparing two completely different games slymboi
Pengpaw4
#192137884Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:36 PM GMT

"Now let's take it into a different light, if I decided I'd play Roblox in it's current state for the first time, I would have a character with bacon hair who looks like a lego, and can't do anything besides playing front page games and building with no official tutorial or walk-through. There is nothing to guide me, whatsoever." Okay, I just Googled "roblox tutorial" Guess what I found? TUTORIALS! VIDEOS AND A WIKI! While it's probably not connected to the site, there are tutorials there. The rest of your point was how you can only play front page games apparently. Even though what you can play upon buying BC doesn't change . . . (But you can buy Paid Access with your daily ROBUX and play BC only games, which are terrible quality anyway) I really don't see your point. Your point starts out as why we're not gaining new members but you don't really explain that at all. You list some things, but never tell us /why/ we aren't gaining new members for it. NBC can play any game they want to except BC-only. NBC can forum. NBC can buy from the catalog (if they have ROBUX, anyway). NBC can build any game they want to. NBC cannot trade, they have to work for ROBUX, and cannot have more than 1 active game. You don't have as many 'restrictions' as you think you do. ~ RT's Official Nostalgic Partier
Pengpaw4
#192138087Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:39 PM GMT

"my screen being spammed with ads from not having BC" I still see ADS and I have BC - there's AdBlocker! Get it if you're being "spammed" with them. Most, if not all, free sites have ads to make money. ~ RT's Official Nostalgic Partier
A_Ferret
#192138497Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:44 PM GMT

B-U-M-P BUMP BUMPITY BUMP BUMP DA BUMP R$147 Send Me Trades Rap: 266
Varlixion
#192138962Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:51 PM GMT

imo all those people make roblox vids on youtube and roblox just feel ruined now
WingedOracle
#192140378Monday, June 27, 2016 12:11 AM GMT

Actually, former NBC users have some privileges.
No_Bans
#192140697Monday, June 27, 2016 12:16 AM GMT

being an nbc is the same punishments as going to ban land support you don't even get currency unless you spend money or beg people to donate more often by no tickets, more dollars/coins for roblox
JDtheResistance
#192140743Monday, June 27, 2016 12:17 AM GMT

>Talks about new members >Joined in 2014 I'm going to poison myself now
zackyattacky
#192140750Monday, June 27, 2016 12:17 AM GMT

how do you know roblox is dying
duskaya
#192141503Monday, June 27, 2016 12:28 AM GMT

@JD he's been here for 2 years. Just because he joined before you doesn't make him a noob.
Anthonychi
#192141569Monday, June 27, 2016 12:29 AM GMT

Summary: Tutorial needed, Non BC members are being treated as trash by the BC members, and ROBLOX is too pay to play compared to other games.
MaleficusFreud
#192141594Monday, June 27, 2016 12:29 AM GMT

I joined in 2011, (this is a different account), and, (if you read it) you would realize I mean tutorials as in formal tutorials, like an interactive one in studio. Most people who are new members of a game aren't going to go onto youtube for tutorials to "figure out" how to play roblox.
MaleficusFreud
#192141901Monday, June 27, 2016 12:33 AM GMT

To add to that for clarification, I should not have to use a youtube video to figure out how to play (or in this case build) in a video game. That should be provided, without making it a pain.
Pengpaw4
#192142826Monday, June 27, 2016 12:47 AM GMT

The youtube videos were made by ROBLOX and are generally easier to understand since you're watching. ~ RT's Official Nostalgic Partier
Pengpaw4
#192142997Monday, June 27, 2016 12:49 AM GMT

"you would realize I mean tutorials as in formal tutorials, like an interactive one in studio." that's not what you said though but this would be the better way to go. ~ RT's Official Nostalgic Partier
No_Bans
#192143363Monday, June 27, 2016 12:54 AM GMT

the guy above needs to stop trying (i did the gender wrong woohoo!)
rec32
#192143958Monday, June 27, 2016 1:01 AM GMT

joining a donation group or a group that gives money to you for doing stuff is a way to get money. #SkwadUp

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right