Roxasthedemon
#198584414Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:59 PM GMT

( that seems like heck. i've just been in another country for the entire day and afternoon and just got back home. ) "Yeah, I'm alright. And totally, totally, yeah. Eheheheh..." Ended that with an awkward laugh, shoot. Now she'll know I was trying to run away. Well, I didn't see why I should even fight when my chances of winning were near zero. I wouldn't have stood a chance, they've got weapons, I don't. What else was I supposed to do? Man up and fight them? Nah, I don't really stand much of a chance with people that have weapons, I think. I've never exactly tried, since I'd always think I'd lose in those kinds of fights. And because of a bit of my dad's advice to just run when you think you don't have a chance. Now, I think I just embarrassed myself because of that. Shoot.
FactionGuerrilla
#198586904Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:06 PM GMT

(Heh, 'tis harder than ya'd think. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask what "difficulty" you would like. Yes, this sounds stupid, but I'm serious right now: Easy -Always rewarded for trying something: i.e. Attempting to land a blow upon your foe in combat, picking a spot to hide at, using the Force, and cooking up a 'recipe' for br########-XP Rewards will go 'stale' upon repeated use, but there is a limit to how low the XP reward can drop- in most cases, one XP. Even doing one different action before going back to what you were doing before will negate the stale factor. Medium -You are only rewarded if you are successful; examples are deflecting an attack upon you, having a near-miss with the law enforcement, jumping from roof to roof in parkour, and performing one step in br#######ithout blowing anything up. -XP rewards go stale at the same pace, but they have no limit to how "stale" it can get- you can perform an action correctly but you will eventually receive no rewards. Hard -You are only rewarded when you "finish" your action: mortally wounding your enemy, evading the police altogether, using trickery to fool all your enemies, and making a brand-new potion are all instances of being rewarded. -XP rewards can go stale, and actions need to slowly "recharge" before returning to the full bonus- recharging the rewards means moving from "stabbing your opponent in CQC" to "picking a sniper off with your handgun" or "baking a cake for no reason". Of course, this has no effect on the actual ISRP itself- at least, I'll try not to make any side effects- but I would like to know what you think about this. If any part of these "difficulties" is confusing, let me know and I'll elaborate on it as best as I can.) Kai nodded, and seemed to notice your nervousness. However, she waved that off as if it were just a mere fly. "You should have a weapon, you know. I don't think it's safe around here these days, and you can't just rely upon your bare hands all the time," The swordswoman noted. She glanced around before pointing towards the area where she had come from. "There is some machine back behind the building, by the way. It looked kinda like the one you were stuck in, you know? Just wanted to let you know..."
FactionGuerrilla
#198587002Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:09 PM GMT

(The filter is AWFUL. It filtered potion making altogether...)
Roxasthedemon
#198587587Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:22 PM GMT

( i thought i already chose. it's easy. i need an a for effort. ) "Something that looked like the thing I was in earlier? Great! That should make moving around so much easier! Let's just hope it can actually start up though..." I say. There's a car here? That thing better be able to work. And wait, do u even have the keys for it? It's not like the car I was in before, wasn't already started. Though, I don't even know if it's actually started. I don't hear an engine. I'll go check now. I move towards the back of the building, please start up once I get in ya. I have no high hopes of this actually starting since the gas station is abandoned. Though there is still hope, right?
Roxasthedemon
#198834340Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:16 AM GMT

( bump . )
FactionGuerrilla
#198844933Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:55 AM GMT

(Ooops.) When you rounded the corner, what you saw surprised you- not a old junker, nor a pile of scrap heap just as Kai had colpared it to your ex-getaway vehicle. It was a black Ford Mustang- and by the appearance it was a very recent model too, made in 2015. At least, so a little voice in your head told you. Its engine wasn't idling- wasn't on, really- but by the looks of it someone didn't want this car to rust and rot out, as it seemed polished and relatively clean. "Well, what do you think? I don't know what that thing does, but I figured you might want to have a look at it," You heard the swordwoman speak as she silently stepped beside you.
Roxasthedemon
#198845085Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:02 PM GMT

"This may be our ticket out of here." I say with excitement. It's not like what I expected to be in here at all! This... this is gonna be our escape from this place. I'll need to take a look at it though. And by that I mean just check if there's any key in here and if not, I'll search the gas station. There doesn't seem to be anyone here, so it'll be safe to go through every single thing in it. This is a pretty lucky find. It looks pretty brand new and clean. It looks so great! Definitely not what I expected to be in a place like this. I'll check if there's a key in the car.
FactionGuerrilla
#198846583Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:35 PM GMT

Obviously, there wasn't a set of keys in the ignition. However, as you glanced into the interior, you noticed two things, the first being that the car doors were unlocked. However, a more interesting detail that caught your eye was that one of the sun visors was tilted slightly downwards, as if something in it was weighing the flap down and causing it to sink. "Our ticket out? Wait, what do you mean?" You heard Kai ask inquizzitively as you saw her bend down behind the car in the peripheral of your eye.
Roxasthedemon
#198847186Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:41 PM GMT

"Oh you'll see. Later of course. Just wait for now." I reply as I continue to inspect the car more. Huh. That's a but strange. The sun visor is tilting downwards. Wait a minute, is something here? Hope not. The doors are unlocked, which is strange seeing that this car looks like it's uh... alone. I guess. I'll just continue to check more. This is gonna take a bit. Just where would those keys be though. I'll just have to find out as I continue to check around.
FactionGuerrilla
#198964671Friday, September 23, 2016 11:50 AM GMT

(Y'know that sinking feeling when your grades are really bad and you're grounded from your devices? Yeah, that's me. I'll be rarely popping in here or there simply because I have school. And more often than not when I have free time I'm forced into stuff like football games anyways.) As you continued loitering around, you saw absolutely nothing that could be of use. At least, on the exterior of the Ford. No sin of the owner, either. "I wonder... What happened to whoever owns this... Thing?" You heard Kai ask, pausing in between thoughts. She seemed a bit perplexed over a few things, judging from the expression on her face. "I mean, did they simply vanish? Or were they caught by those things from earlier? Speaking of which, do you have any clue what they were? Are they, like, natives here?"
Roxasthedemon
#198965063Friday, September 23, 2016 12:02 PM GMT

( oh. i don't have much to say to that. ) "If there's one thing I do know, those things sure as heck are not natives here." I respond to her question. Nothing's on the exterior, I'll check the interior then. See if there's anything there. If not, into the station I, or we, go. Wonder what's inside of this thing. Doors are unlocked, somebody must've been here. Hmm. I'll just uh... go inside it now and search for anything that can be of use to us. Please let there be a key.
FactionGuerrilla
#199172277Monday, September 26, 2016 12:04 PM GMT

"Well, that's kind of nice to know. At least I'm not the only foreigner here, I guess..." You heard Kai note as you opened the door and got in. When you checked the glovebox, all you found was the car's owners manual. However, you yielded much more success with the sun visor- attached onto it was a spare key and a road map. Score.
Roxasthedemon
#199172488Monday, September 26, 2016 12:11 PM GMT

"Yes! Found the thing." I say once I found the spare key and road map. This'll be our escape from wherever we are. Heheh. For a second, I thought I wouldn't find a key for this car. This is gonna be our ticket out of the middle of nowhere. Now, to ignite the car and drive to the place where the nearest city is. And with the map I found, it should be easy. Alright, I'll start the car now and tell 'er to get in the passenger's seat. "Hey Kai, get in the car. We're gettin' out of here!"
FactionGuerrilla
#199278698Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:18 PM GMT

(If you wish, you can timeskip the entire car ride. Otherwise, a conversation will be held in the car.) The car grumbled loudly, and it let out a slight roar as it came to life. Kai, who had been staring at the ruined gas station until now- glanced towards the vehicle as you yelled to her. She frowned before walking over to the other side of the car and staring at it. She finally realized that there was a door, and opened it to get i. "Well, this is a really strange chariot. Definitely not where I should be..." The woman mused. You took one look at the fuel gauge, and it was only about enough to last you- hopefully- to the closest city, tops. Judging by the road map, you were somewhere in Arizona, but you haven't bothered to check the map yet.
Roxasthedemon
#199279242Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:44 PM GMT

( hmm. i'll time skip. ) "At least it'll get us somewhere that isn't here fast. Hopefully." I say. Gas isn't that much but hopefully it'll get us to the nearest city from here. Alright, time to go to the nearest city! But I'll just check the map first, then head straight to the nearest city. We're probably somewhere in Arizona or something, but it could be somewhere else. Don't know. The Arizona has wide fields of sand right? Heck if I know. Oh well, it's time to drive, baby!
FactionGuerrilla
#199413211Saturday, October 01, 2016 12:35 PM GMT

(Aye, I'm in need of a new phone currently- the ENTIRE right side is messed up- so I'll be posting quite infrequently simply due to the lack of ease of access.) Phoenix, Arizona. Welcome to the Valley of the Sun, where spas, golf courses and night clubs all dominate the city. Of course, you weren't near any of those places, because you were now stuck at a gas station, without any money nor fuel. You'd parked in one of the spaces near the station, and here you were sitting idle. Kai also stood nearby you, glancing up at the nearby skyscrapers. "...Yeah, I'm definitely not in Japan anymore..." She murmured, barely audible. The woman seemed worried about the people she had mentioned earlier, as she looked to be in deep, troubled thought.
Roxasthedemon
#199414496Saturday, October 01, 2016 1:10 PM GMT

( the entire right side is messed up? you mean that it won't respond if you touch the right side or somethin'? ) ... How the heck are we supposed to do anything now? This isn't home, this isn't Houston. Well, I should be expecting that since the road earlier was surrounded by sand and nothing else. Now, we're at some other location. Arizona, I think. Map says that. No fuel, no cash, no nothing. Both of us are pretty stuck in this city right now, and we've got no means of getting out of here and back home fast. Man, this is gonna be hard. We've got nothing. Sigh. We're pretty much stuck here huh? Just staring at a skyscraper now. We're in a pretty bad situation right now. And the fact that we have no dough means no hotel. We're gonna need to sleep in the car then. That's the only thing we really have. It just has no fuel, but I think we can survive the night in there. We parked in a place near a gas station that isn't abandoned. Now we're just standing around outside the car, Kai looks like she's thinking of something while I'm just leaning on the car looking at a skyscraper. Then, I heard Kai say something. Something about not being Japan anymore, if I heard correctly. She must be from Japan. With that set of clothes, a name like that and something about a Sun Family, I shouldn't really be suprised. She looks pretty outdated though, I'm pretty sure the Japanese don't dress like that much unless it's a special event or something. This is pretty boring. Kai looks like she's worried about something. She looks troubled. Maybe I should ask her. Yeah, I'll ask her. "Hey Kai, you look troubled about something. You wanna talk about it?" I ask.
FactionGuerrilla
#199531865Monday, October 03, 2016 11:52 AM GMT

(Mhm. I'll keep trying to post stuff, though.) Kai snapped out of her thoughts to glance towards you, her eyes showing worry. "...Sorry. Just that I don't recognize these surroundings at all. I don't even know if I'm even in the right... Time, I guess you could say. What if I'm the only one here?" She asked, apparently referring to her friends. You noticed she had her hand instinctively upon her sword, and it paled as she gripped her weapon tightly. Hopefully as a reflex or something.
Roxasthedemon
#199532277Monday, October 03, 2016 12:17 PM GMT

( alright. ) "Not in the right time? What do ya mean?" Not I'm the right time? What's that supposed to mean? Would that mean that she's... wait, wait, is she from another time? From that get up, she does look a bit outdated. The Japanese use more modern clothing I think in these times. Plus with the mentioning of not being able to recognize her surroundings, she must not have seen a skyscraper or any of these modern buildings. It's either that she's been living under a rock or she's from an older time. "Wait... what year was it for you before you found me?"
FactionGuerrilla
#199580056Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:52 AM GMT

Kai paused, a deep frown etched upon her face. She seemed to think about it for a few moments before responding. "I don't suppose we're in 1612 anymore, or anywhere near the sort, are we?" She responded before realizing she was gripping her sword. The Japanese woman took her hand off of it immediately, trying not to seem so hostile.
Roxasthedemon
#199580956Tuesday, October 04, 2016 12:41 PM GMT

"1612? That's... a very, very long time ago. Over 400 years ago, I think." I say. And I notice that she was tightly gripping her sword, but quickly took her hand off it. That must be pretty hard, to find out it's not the time you used to know. That all your uh... friends are gone now. I never had any, so I don't really know what that feels like. That frown on her face tells me she's pretty blue right now.
FactionGuerrilla
#199624846Wednesday, October 05, 2016 11:52 AM GMT

Kai let off a long sigh- almost as if she had given up. She seemed a bit downcast. "I've been used to going around all over the place, but travelling to a world so far into the future..." She trailed off, staring downwards at her sword, obviously dropping herself into deep thought. As she did, you noticed that there was a commotion going on at the intersection nearby- a orange sedan had just pulled up in front of a bank van you'd think you would see in a robbery movie or something like that, blocking its way from continuing. You spotted movement in the car, but you had no clue what was going on due to the tinted windows.
Roxasthedemon
#199625015Wednesday, October 05, 2016 12:04 PM GMT

"Must be hard." I say. She looks like she's given up now, that long sigh and she seems downcast to me now. She looks pretty troubled, very. She looks like she's in need of a... hug? Or something. And some words of ins- wait a minute. I notice some commotion! At that intersection right there! Looks like that uh... orange... Sedan? Whatever it is, pulled up at a bank van or something. Stopping it from passing. Looks like... looks like a robbery is gonna happen. And nobody seems to be able to stop it right now, so uh... I guess I'll do it? Or we? She's got the weapon, I've got nothing at all. But a compelling feeling is making me wanna go and save that bank van. I'll go. And I'll tag Kai along too. "Hey Kai, looks like a robbery is happening over there," I point at the intersection, "Should we uh... go stop it?"
FactionGuerrilla
#199763728Saturday, October 08, 2016 1:25 PM GMT

Kai glanced at you to look at the orange sedan- which, now that you looked at it closer, didn't seem like it was from any of your generic car companies. It looked different, like it was a new model... except it didn't even have any logos at all. As the auburn slowly drew her sword, the doors opened, and within the blink of an eye a quartet of men wearing ski masks and what seemed to be kevlar hopped out of the sedan and pulled out various weapons, one holding an assault rifle, another a submachine gun, a third with a shotgun, and the fourth had some strange device carried on his back as he wielded a small pistol. All four began firing at the van, and in another passing of a moment you heard the slamming of someone's head on a steering wheel as the van began to honk loudly. Now the three turned to the nearby civilians. "NOBODY MAKE A MOVE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR HEAD BLOWN OFF!" The shotgunner shouted, firing a shot into the air as he did. The other three began to move towards the back of the vault van. When you glanced over toKai, you noticed that she had frozen mid-unsheathing in shock. "What... What is going on?!?!" She asked somewhat timidly for her, obviously intimidated by the horn and the gunfire. Definitely not from around here.
Roxasthedemon
#199764503Saturday, October 08, 2016 1:44 PM GMT

Holy 'ell! A got dam shotgun?! We're gonna be killed in a dam instant if we decide to stop this robbery! Oh boy, I should probably NOT go and stop it. But something within is giving me a compelling feeling to stop it. And it's hard to decide whether or not I should, considering I'm in a situation that is going to be very, very, very hard to uh... escape from? I have no powers, I'm practically useless in this kind of situation! No weapons. I'm just a stupid half demon that was so unlucky he didn't inherit any of his demon father's powers. And uh... Kai, Kai, Kai, Kai, she's the only one here that seems to know how to fight yet she's pretty intimidated by all of that noise. She really is from the past. "Hey, shhh! We'll get killed if ya get your weapon out now! You can't fight a gun with a sword! We just need to do what they say for now and wait until the right moment comes!" I say quietly, trying not to alarm the robbers. Man, what are we going to do?!