minerface
#199571893Tuesday, October 04, 2016 3:33 AM GMT

(eh ok. I guess yet another innocent nation will be fed into the expansionism...)
ConsulLegarus
#199572132Tuesday, October 04, 2016 3:40 AM GMT

(Says he who annexed Malta from Britain and took over three countries after their Monarch collapsed)
minerface
#199572576Tuesday, October 04, 2016 3:52 AM GMT

(I never annexed Malta. I came in to destroy illegal ports and the Maltese wanted my troops to stay because they saw the Italians posing a threat.) (wait which three countries? Egypt was given to me and I started with most of Libya.) [FFR] Research begins on more accurate radar and sonar systems.
supermariobunny
#199577144Tuesday, October 04, 2016 7:24 AM GMT

(I'm only intent on annexing Turkey because I think that Stalin would be. I'm only taking land because of the USSR's Cold War goal of spreading communism, and also because Stalin would probably want to expand more, given the circumstances. If I'm honest, I only attacked Turkey because Consul told me to, lol.) (Ah, damn it, I forgot to include the People's Republic of West Africa into the meeting. They're invited as well, sorry. Basically, it's a meeting between the USSR, Italy, and the WLL.)
minerface
#199579697Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:34 AM GMT

(True.) [FFR] Older fighter planes are cycled out of service as jets enter service. Work begins on developing a high-caliber, high-velocity machine gun for jets that matches their incredible speed.
ConsulLegarus
#199581776Tuesday, October 04, 2016 1:19 PM GMT

(It was given by another player but if we were realistic you would have to annex Egypt and the rest of Libya. Also Malta was garrisoned by British troops and Britain having a much larger navy than me I would pose no threats. Your right Super, Stalin had plans to take Turkey, really all Russian leaders want Turkey so they can control the Bosporus strait. I kinda just wanted Istanbul cuz I'm going for a Neuvus Romanus Imperium)
minerface
#199597582Tuesday, October 04, 2016 8:54 PM GMT

(If we were realistic, but hell, it's 1949 and we're already using nuclear plants/jet planes/etc with ease. ## there is no UK player # assumed no troops were garrisoned there, but regardless # doubt a lot were anyways.) ##### # fast flying tactical bomber prototype is designed, taking inspiration from recent advancements with jets. The military sees opportunity, and the craft's design stage continues. It is named the ##### ##### for now. France sends a diplomat to Rome in hopes that some agreement can be reached about Italy stopping their militaristic actions in Cyprus and neighboring areas.
minerface
#199597721Tuesday, October 04, 2016 8:57 PM GMT

(If we were realistic, but hell, it's 1949 and we're already using nuclear plants/jet planes/etc with ease. Unfortunately there is no UK player, but I assumed no troops were garrisoned there, but regardless, I doubt a lot were anyways.) [FFR] A fast flying tactical bomber prototype is designed, taking inspiration from recent advancements with jets. The military sees opportunity, and the craft's design stage continues. It is named the TlTB-A for now. France sends a diplomat to Rome in hopes that some agreement can be reached about Italy stopping their militaristic actions in Cyprus and neighboring areas.
ConsulLegarus
#199598723Tuesday, October 04, 2016 9:19 PM GMT

~|Kingdom of Italy|~ The diplomat is greeted readily enough in Rome, memories of the European Crisis still fresh but put aside in the hopes of peace. The diplomat However is told with recent expansion of French troops into Malta and Spain seizing Gibraltar that to maintain a logical security of Italian ships and holdings that the annexation of Cyprus is needed. The ambassador however says he will try his utmost to convince the King to make Cyprus a semi-autonomous state with its own government and such but owing allegiance to Italy.
simsf1
#199600219Tuesday, October 04, 2016 9:48 PM GMT

(( SMB, this still ignores the fact that you're somehow able to convince a large portion of the population of Turkey to forget about five million angry Russians with guns coming into their country and killing a bunch of people. I very highly doubt any pro-communist rebels would exist at that point, and if they did they'd be swallowed up by a ton of anti-Russian sentiments. It's not that it's a bit much or anything, I just don't see how your campaign could gain any traction. Anyone putting out communist propaganda at this point would likely be attacked in the streets. )) -Kalmar Federation- [Military] Further exercises are carried out in Lapland. Finnish conscription rises drastically after the East-European Incident.
minerface
#199600889Tuesday, October 04, 2016 10:01 PM GMT

(^^ true) [FFR] The diplomat informs Italy that they do not plan on annexing Malta, and that Cyprus is not an important area to own for Italian security. The diplomat, out of sheer anger, even goes on to say that the Italians are only attempting to secure Cyprus because they hope to exploit Turkey. A naval port is established in Tripoli, Libya. The city itself has been improved greatly, in terms of not only infrastructure but also political tensions.
supermariobunny
#199603245Tuesday, October 04, 2016 10:44 PM GMT

(I'm really, really sorry about that. I just thought that, considering the success of the Soviet military recently, and considering that mainland Turkey was technically under Soviet occupation before Resolution 004, along with a few other factors, that there could be a possibility of some rebels, which is what I decided to go with. Like I said, I'm really sorry, I don't really know how to do these things. I know that they would probably be attacked in the streets, which is why I said that some fights broke out. I thought that a few thousand was a reasonable number, but, if it's better, I could reduce it to maybe 100 or something, I'm not sure. Like I said, I'm really sorry.)
MKUltramanKaettekita
#199603815Tuesday, October 04, 2016 10:54 PM GMT

~People's Republic of West Africa~ [Government] -The economy flourishes due to Soviet assistance. - With Cape Verde now in the Republic, the fishing economy is boosted. - The government begins a new project, producing loads of shoes and tunics from Cape Verde and giving them out to the poor. [Military] - With Soviet-donated arms, the Army is considered well-equpiped. Now the military is to be trained. - The Armed Forces do a march on the Tuareg State in a show of power to decourage any rebellions. [Foreign Affairs] -A ambassador is sent to the meeting in Russia. -President Abdou Sall denounces Spain cracking down on the Communist cells, saying "If the Spanish people were under Communism, they'd be much happier and prosperous." - Abdou Sall calls on to former president Ibrahim Rafini, offering him a position as Chairman of the State of Mali. Ibrahim refuses, saying "My country will not be the same with you and the Communist in control. I will reside in Benin." [Production] - Renault R35s are produced massively, with about 200 created so far. [Domestic Affairs] - The Tuareg people begin to arm up once again, revolting and wanting the Tuareg State to secede. But they are far outmatched and have little to no equipment to fight the Communist government with.
minerface
#199605280Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:19 PM GMT

(wouldn't you have needed to buy the renault schematics? I'm debating this because they were French colonies but tanks never entered those regions, if I recall correctly.) [FFR] As the government observes most of it's neighbors falling into communism and nationalism many grow fearful of what is to come in the future. A diplomat is sent to the Kalmar Union to discuss possible complex future military coordination in case of an attack.
MKUltramanKaettekita
#199605976Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:31 PM GMT

(Well I mean Renault R35s were used by Syria and Morocco, I mean it's possible they could get to Mali or Senegal somehow seeing as how it is pretty close to Morocco. )
minerface
#199606782Tuesday, October 04, 2016 11:46 PM GMT

(Algeria though. Plus, why would Morocco ship French tanks to a sparsely populated area like West Africa? Just seems a bit odd) [FFR] Reports show that possible foreign nationalists have been funding rebels in French Guyana, and so a small garrison is sent to combat them.
ConsulLegarus
#199616743Wednesday, October 05, 2016 2:56 AM GMT

~|Kingdom of Italy|~ The Ambassador grows angry now, implying that the Italian government wants Cyprus to exploit Turkey is both slanderous and a lie. If the French are to occupy Malta near the Italian mainland than that is a security risk. Having Cyprus, just a few miles away from French Syria would prove helpful in balancing the risk. As stated before Italy is willing to make the island of Cyprus semi-autonomous, which he observes would be better than it being a British colonial possession.
minerface
#199621050Wednesday, October 05, 2016 5:12 AM GMT

[FFR] The diplomat grows angry again, saying that the Italians have not attempted to change their way of life. By failing in Turkey, the diplomat says, the Italians are only more encouraged to acquire territory. The diplomat also says hat Malta and French Syria are irrelevant, but at this point his personal guard pulls him out of the building. The diplomat is brought back to France where the foreign relations department is outraged at how he has worsened French-Italian relations. Once fired, however, the man starts an ideological group that believes in French nationalism and keeping security amongst the world by strictly preventing crimes and wars, and his group begins to attract many followers. Meanwhile a secondary diplomat sends a message via phone to the Italians and claims that the French government does not stand with any of the shunned diplomat's opinions. The public, however, is largely upset with the government's refusal to call out other European powers' faults, and thus the nationalist ideological following gains even more steam.
BlinShotgun
#199627070Wednesday, October 05, 2016 2:10 PM GMT

Union of Benelux [Military] Prototypes of the Adelaar and Feniks jets are flown. The Adelaar I had a speed of Mach .8 on the ground, and Mach 1.25 in the air, while the Feniks I had a speed of Mach .82 on the ground, and Mach 1.27 in the air. These are deemed fit for jet aircraft, and will be set for more design improvements. The development of all aircraft will be moved to a new state-owned company called Pilon, with the jets being renamed to the Pilon PA-1 and the Pilon PF-1.
nintendocpu
Top 100 Poster
#199635805Wednesday, October 05, 2016 7:10 PM GMT

s
nintendocpu
Top 100 Poster
#199635854Wednesday, October 05, 2016 7:11 PM GMT

d
nintendocpu
Top 100 Poster
#199635892Wednesday, October 05, 2016 7:12 PM GMT

##
nintendocpu
Top 100 Poster
#199635936Wednesday, October 05, 2016 7:14 PM GMT

g
minerface
#199640122Wednesday, October 05, 2016 8:45 PM GMT

(^^^ prime example of modern post ######## [FFR] Funds are reserved for missile research, and some even hope to use them on naval ships one day. The President steadily reassures the Italian foreign relations department that they do not stand by the reckless diplomat. Many guess that the president only does this hopes to not cause another military crisis. The president's re-election will be starting later this year, and so other candidates prepare their campaigns. A nationalist candidate campaigns and gains a reasonable supporter count.
minerface
#199640235Wednesday, October 05, 2016 8:47 PM GMT

(^^^ prime example of modern post #### ism) [FFR] Funds are reserved for missile research, and some even hope to use them on naval ships one day. The President steadily reassures the Italian foreign relations department that they do not stand by the reckless diplomat. Many guess that the president only does this hopes to not cause another military crisis. The president's re-election will be starting later this year, and so other candidates prepare their campaigns. A nationalist candidate campaigns and gains a reasonable supporter count.