of     1   

TheTwinkieMaster
#198232293Sunday, September 11, 2016 3:54 AM GMT

I want to get a new one since the one I have right now is really bad. (It's not even a guitar amp, to be honest.) I need something cheap (no more than $300) and reliable. Also would be nice if it was small enough to carry. The guitar I currently use is a Squire Stratocaster Affinity HSS if that is helpful in anyway.
RaymondReddington
#198246889Sunday, September 11, 2016 12:02 PM GMT

I use a Fender Mustang I amp that I got for a little over $100. I use a Squire Stratocaster, as well. Not sure if it's an Affinity HSS, but it sure is a Squire. I also use a 1989 Peavey Home Audition Plus, but I don't recommend that for any genre of music that isn't punk, 80's metal or hard rock. The amp isn't necessarily high gain, but the tone of it goes anywhere from Rise Against to Metallica. You can also squeeze a decent AC/DC tone out of it if you play with the settings enough. The Fender Mustang I is a high gain amp. It's not necessarily good for a high treble sound. It's practically impossible to get a sound like Rise Against or Pierce the Veil on it using amp gain. However, it is a good amp and I highly recommend it. One thing to keep in mind is if you're trying to get a metalcore sound, this amp is NOT for you. The Mustang I is small enough to carry. It's just a normal house amp. The Fender Mustang II is the same as the Mustang I, but the latter is used for an onstage amp and is way bigger.

of     1