of     1   

mastergyroosandwich
#199707558Friday, October 07, 2016 6:21 AM GMT

Somewhere Now: They could have done a lot better for an opener, the opening acoustic guitar is pretty awful but once the song kicks into high gear it's not bad. It's just ok. Bang Bang: Actually one of the best songs they've made in years, it's really good. It's easily one of the most legitimately punk songs they made, and some of the scales the use for the lead work sound nice. Really should have been the opener. Revolution Radio: Another pretty good song. The lyrics are kind of eh, but I like the guitar and bass. And Billy this album has sounded less British then in any of the other Green Day albums. But with this one major of the flaw is pretty obvious. Like all the other naughties pop punk band revivals this year...there is WAY too polish. And Green Day is no exception. Say Goodbye: WELL NEVER MIND THEN! Jesus now this song is actually a treat. Much less polished then the other songs on the album (a problem I had since Bang Bang was released). And it really sounds Green Day...and I like Green Day C: so yeah great song. If I could say something they could up the tempo a bit. Also a pretty ok guitar solo, not very complicated, but at LEAST THERE is one. Yeah the lead work on this thing has been pretty lack luster so far EVEN BY GREEN DAY STANDARDS! But this one was good. Easily the best song on the album so far. Outlaws: .-. ...is this a rock ballad? Really? Well it isn't to bad though. It's not as good as Boulevard or Time Of Your Life but it's ok. At first I thought it would be ok, but yeah Green Day pulls through again. So far this album has been a pleasant surprise, sounds like something you'd sway your lighter side to side too (or in this day in age camera flash lights xD). And again the lead work is good, it's more or less just the melody but it's not bad. I mean you don't go too Green Day for Amon Amarth amirite? Yes, yes I am. The piano at the end is a nice touch too...if you really wanna be a rock ballad. Bouncing Of Walls: Eh it's ok. I really don't like clap drums so that really got on my nerves. The lead work is ok too, almost too good though, it doesn't sound green day. The chorus is pretty good too, mainly due to the drums...WHEN THEY AREN'T CLAPPING! Look Green Day you have a good drummer, you don't need a beat pad...don't do that...no. Still Breathing: I still think it sounds too much like a The Killers song. Now The Killers is good but...Green Day you're not The Killers. Plus there are few things I hate more then the first verse of this song. But I do like Armstrongs delivery of the chorus, that saves the song for me. Youngblood: I like it. It's a pretty decent Green Day songs. No major opinions either way. It's good. Only thing is it sounds a little bit like Simple Plan...eghh. Too Dumb To Die: I already love the production, much more garage then most of the album. I wish it was produced a little more like this. And then the bass punches in with the guitars just doing there jobs perfectly. Ya this song is really good. I like it, some things sound a little too similar too Bang Bang too. Also the solo here is really nice :D. It's very short but I like it c: Troubled Times: Eh, sounds like it's trying too hard to be Bad Religion in the beginning. And the lyrics are pretty eh. But then the bass comes in which is not bad. Forever Now: I like the sound. It's not bad. Again everyones doing a good job, being Green Day. Not bad, not bad. It seems a bit biographical with Billie talking about how he dropped out of high school too do Pop Punk (don't try this at home kiddies). But it's good. And the time signature change it really jarring but in a really good way! And then it branches out into different sections? It seems like Green Day would be out of the depth for this but honestly its good. They are able too do the long sectioned song justice. It's no Paranoid Android or Bohemian Rhapsody but it's nice. And the lead works pretty tasty too. Green Day gets pretty conceptual with this one and it pays off. Ordinary World: ...it's just Time Of Your Life but over-produced. SERIOUSLY GREEN DAY SERIOUSLY!!!! YOU HAD THIS EPIC CONCEPTUAL RAUCUS $5 FOOTLONG OF A SONG RIGHT BEFOR IT! AND YOU END WITH GENERIC ACOUSTIC GUITAR SONG #57!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS WRITTEN BY TEDDY GEIGER! GOD ###N#### This song suck#####r##lly does, but does it ruin the album, eh I don't thinks so. Overall, not bad. 7/10 I say. It isn't perfect, actually pretty bumpy. But it's probably the second best pop rock album this year (1st is Weezer by far). The ending sucked, but the ride was pretty good. Overall a nioce album.

of     1