of     1   

BoomBlox555
#200920955Friday, November 04, 2016 4:58 PM GMT

Yep folks. We need a ''Node based programming'' system for Roblox Studio. You just Drag and Drop stuff to the script to make programming easier than ever! [Pros] - Useful for beginners of scripting. - You can Script something cool with it! (in like 5 minutes!) - No more bad scripts that never works! (I have seen so many bad games with bad scripts) - Easy to use - We will see so many games with EPIC scripts (not joking) [Cons] - Sometimes you don't know what this one note does. (I had it too with Unreal Engine 4) - Hackers can mess the nodes up In-game making it unplayable - if the script is way too big it may lag the game (USE HASHTAG #NODESTUDIO IF YOU WANT THIS TO BE IN STUDIO OR JUST SUPPORT IT)
cpmoderator12345
#200921509Friday, November 04, 2016 5:09 PM GMT

no its easy enough you're all just more idiotic than i am in logistics thats pretty concerning
BoomBlox555
#200924676Friday, November 04, 2016 6:22 PM GMT

Nah. (also same hair)
angeld23
#201160752Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:16 AM GMT

^^ Comment of the day
sergentkyle
#201160795Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:17 AM GMT

Sounds like a neat idea.
GMorolah
#201170954Tuesday, November 08, 2016 12:19 PM GMT

I support the idea. #nodestudio (Note: Node based programming is also known as Flow based programming) Instead of having it built into ROBLOX Studio, we can have it as a plugin as an alternative, because plugins are able to read/write scripts. I just don't think that having node based programming would be recommended for most users. Having users learn a programming language can help them with more prominent opportunities and to assist improvement to know-how of every-day problems. Node based programming is pushing all that code to the background and putting up front: boxes, nodes, and lines; It just isn't giving users the opportunity to learn a simple language like Lua, as a starting point to their game development career. Having that said, #nodestudio would be a great way to develop great games. It's easy enough to visualize, and you are only given what you need to see. Sure, these flow graphs can get HUGE for a complex game or function, but it is worth it in its own way.
jtrobloxian
#201172195Tuesday, November 08, 2016 12:55 PM GMT

I'd like to point out the UE4 is a tool used by some professionals. If this was added, Roblox would make it a Scratch-style thing. 1) Unreal Engine uses a thing called Blueprint Visual Scripting. However, you can still make professional games with it. If what you want here is added to Roblox, Studio would turn into a six-year old's playground. 2) Lua would be removed. The admins have had a history of removing the older but still used feature. Take Legacy Physics. Some games needed that, and then the admins decided to ruin all those games because 'PGS is the future!' 3) The only way to learn is the hard way. Man, if only I could tell that to the school board. I managed to avoid it, but schools keep implementing these fake coding lessons into the curriculum, and this is because the board wants to add coding classes but they look at languages like C++ and they're like, 'Okay. This is too hard. Let's give them a watered down version of this stuff!' There are easier languages out there! Lua is one of the easiest languages created and serves as an even better introduction the wide world of programming. 4) Block coding sets kids up for failure. They'll finish thinking, 'I'm a professional coder now!' And then they'll want to learn more. But when they start a real language, their world is rocked. They see this world where you have to type it all out! If you skipped the blocks and went straight to something like Python, you end up in a better state than if you didn't skip it.
ITBV
#201378113Friday, November 11, 2016 4:42 PM GMT

It work as a method to create the scripts, but after you've finished it you can save it as it's unique file, but when you want to actually use that script in a game, the plugin / software would convert it into standard lua-code.
pullman45
#201378891Friday, November 11, 2016 4:56 PM GMT

Looks like your brain also uses nodes.
HalfPinky456
#201379779Friday, November 11, 2016 5:10 PM GMT

no, don't ever suggest this again attempt to call girlfriend (a nil value) | nothin' like a good argument ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Filipalla
#201380292Friday, November 11, 2016 5:17 PM GMT

No Support Noobs Will Never Learn Lua If This Was Implemented! No Signature
Udoxas
#201380355Friday, November 11, 2016 5:18 PM GMT

This would take ages to program. It's just easier to get people to memorize a line of text.

of     1