of     1   

jacob726
#201815075Friday, November 18, 2016 6:02 AM GMT

TOC/TL:DR 0a: Introduction 1: Group Divisions 2: Alliances 3: Alliance hyperlink 4: Raids 5: Group Strategics 6: Group Invitations 7: Temporary groups 8: Rank-restricted clothing ~~~ 0a: Introduction Welcome to G(roup)I(deas)M(ega)L(ist), 2016 Version 1! Did you like the table of contents? Well, so I can get this show on the road, this used to be an 8900 character thread! You get the nice, so-short-i-hate-myself 6900 character version! You see it, yes? ~~~? That will be used to separate each section/idea. It used to be 64 _'s. Also, there will be no TL:DR. The closest you will get to a TL:DR is the TOC. Now... Onto the main courses... ~~~ 1: Group Divisions: Group divisions are sections of groups linked to a main group. They do not have Allies, a Vault, or Enemies. They only have Members, and a limit of 5 personal servers. However; they have more ranks available. This would be useful for those groups with Cadet programs, or Role-play groups that include in-game Jobs, would it not? ~~~ 2: Alliances: Alliances. No, not allies. Don't even get me started explaining that. An alliance would be a way in which a group can join one, and only one alliance at a time. Alliances would not show up as a group on a members profile, but would instead have it's name under the group logo in the form of a link. They would cost 75R$ per member group to form, and then 50R$ to join after it is formed. The R$ would be deducted from the group vault, not from the owners personal funds, and the Alliance would have to have AT LEAST 5 member groups pooling their money to be created. The money would not be lost, but instead would be placed inside of the Alliance Vault, basically as a "Starting fund" of at least 375R$. The Alliance Vault would also have a deposit and withdraw feature, the currency would not go to or from the group leaders personal funds, but into, or out of, the group's vault. The possible withdraw is the same as with Group Vaults, however it has a 1 week period of waiting, instead of just 1 day before you can draw more funds. This is to avoid the collapse of the Alliance's economy/monetary system. This could help teach group leaders about how to save and spend money properly, because they may be faced with the downfall of their group if they run their group, or alliance, into the ground. Better learn fast, fellow leaders, we don't want a revolt. >.> Alliances would have an Allies and Enemies tab, and a Member Group bar, similar to the members of a regular group, but it would list group names, and would only have 2 categories. "Founding Groups" and "Annexed Groups". Founding Groups would have a 2% withdraw limit, instead of the 1% faced by Annexed groups. The alliance would also have a Group wall and Shout. They would only be able to be accessed by the 2 highest ranks in a member group. (255 and 254, I believe.) The wall would only be view-able by the 2 highest ranks, but the Alliance Shout would be sent to all the members of all the member groups. (So useful for some very important shouts for multiple groups, is it not?) The alliance vault would also be able to purchase items in bulk, like the group vault. It would work in the same P=####s##ell. ~~~ 3: Alliances hyperlink Lets say a members primary group is in an alliance; There should also be a "Alliance" location, much like the "Primary Group" location, but just above it. So, lets say my group, INgen, was in "The Ragnarokian Alliance". My profile page would go from having [Group Emblem] [Group name in link format] to [Alliance name in link format] [Group Emblem] [Group name in link format] ~~~ 4: Raids: Reference material: http://blog.roblox.com/2012/07/the-future-of-groups-in-roblox/ This was discussed in the blog, but a lot of details were missing. I love details, and feel they are a must-have for any good blog post and idea. So, lets get this on the road. Raids. We all know them. One group has a base, and another group attacks it, trying to take it over. Great, all is well, right? Wrong. As I said, I like details. And they left them out. How do we get these "Bases" and "Land plots" exactly? How do we build them? With stamper? I certainly hope not. Who's weapons do we use? The defenders? Again, I hope not. Who's vehicles? Yet again, I hope not the defenders. They slightly addressed the first point, so I will leave it out. But here is what I think. 4b: Bases. We should not be forced to undergo the limitations of the Stamper tool. ROBLOX is about expressing our creativity, right? How do we do that with a tool limited to basic functions? We should be able to build our bases in studio mode. 4c: Weapons. Again, we should not be forced to use someone else's weapons. Some players work better with Projectile; some with Ray-cast. And each group has their own preference and weapon type in place. I would hate to raid some WIJ base and be forced to use a ray-cast weapon that is more inaccurate than a blind man with an Uzi. I would rather use my preferred weapons when raiding a base, allowing groups to also show off their technological advancement. 4d: Vehicles. Really; this is the same story as the Weapons. Some bases have the land for Vehicles. Bases should be allowed to set "Vehicle Allowance" on or off. ~~~ 5: Strategics & Battles For 5 minutes once a raid battle "Starts", the group members are placed into a birds eye view, with a map of the game in front of them. They have a "Draw" tool, allowing them to make plans on the Map, that only their team mates can see. After that 5 minutes passes, the GUI disappears, and a button is placed at the bottom of the screen that can be used to re-open the strategy GUI for themselves. ~~~ 6: Group invitations Obviously, not my idea. Go to the "Group Admin" button, scroll down a bit to a type-box, input a players username, click send. They get an invite to join the group. For player convenience, you can turn off whether you receive invites or not through the "Account" portion of your profile, much like with part chat, chat, PMs, and following to games. You may only send a player 1 invite per week. Only authorized ranks can send invites. Group invitations VERY-slightly modified from: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=93570216 ~~~ 7: Temporary groups Groups that would cost less than a normal group, but would expire after a certain number of months. They will be able to be renewed prior to expiration for the original payment.(50R$?) These would be good for things such as a group to conduct an expiriment, or groups that are used to try and gain support for certain short-lived existences such as forum threads. There are a number of other uses, but, hey. This is just a draft thought. ~~~ 8: Rank restricted clothing Simple, really. It's been floating around, so, I figured I'd include it into this list. Clothing that you can restrict to certain ranks(Or ranks above them) of groups. Useful for highly-organised groups.
jacob726
#201815690Friday, November 18, 2016 6:16 AM GMT

And, just for kicks, the thread that started it all: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=65426940
KoalaKoara
#201820106Friday, November 18, 2016 7:58 AM GMT

tldr
jacob726
#201820205Friday, November 18, 2016 8:00 AM GMT

I had to remove some stuff to even get this to be able to post just because of character limit. Included in the removal was a conclusion, which stated that unexplained "No support" messages, TLDR's, and anything else that wasn't constructive would simply be counted as a support. So thanks for the support.
jacob726
#201842309Friday, November 18, 2016 5:00 PM GMT

Bump 1/4 of 11/17
jacob726
#201877072Saturday, November 19, 2016 2:04 AM GMT

Bump 1/4 of 11/18
jacob726
#201885457Saturday, November 19, 2016 4:15 AM GMT

Bump 2/4 of 11/18

of     1