Chef_Riley
#204255291Monday, December 12, 2016 11:10 PM GMT

FACTS WITH SOURCES YOUR WELCOME COMPLAINERS 60% of middle school boys and 40% of middle school girls who played at least one Mature-rated (M-rated) game hit or beat up someone, compared with 39% of boys and 14% of girls who did not play M-rated games. (SOURCES FOR THIS STATEMENT) - Craig A. Anderson and Wayne A. Warburton, "The Impact of Violent Video Games: An Overview," Growing Up Fast and Furious, 2012Craig A. Anderson and Brad J. Bushman, "Effects of Violent Video Games on Aggressive Behavior, Aggressive Cognition, Aggressive Affect, Physiological Arousa########rosocial Behavior: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Scientific Literature," Psychological Science, Sep. 2001 A 2014 peer-reviewed study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that habitual violent video game playing had a causal link with increased, long-term, aggressive behavior. (SOURCES) - Lawrence Kutner and Cheryl K. Olsen, Grand Theft Childhood: The Surprising Truth about Violent Video Games and What Parents Can Do, Apr. 2008 A 2014 study published in Psychology of Popular Media Culture found that 90% of pediatricians and 67% of parents agreed or strongly agreed that violent video games can increase aggressive behavior among children. (SOURCES) - Brad Bushman, Mario Gollwitzer, and Carlos Cruz, "There Is Broad Consensus: Media Researchers Agree That Violent Media Increase Aggression in Children, and Pediatricians and Parents Concur," Psychology of Popular Media Culture, July 2015 More than 98% of pediatricians in the United States say that too much exposure to violent media heightens childhood aggression. [62] In addition, 66% of researchers agreed or strongly agreed. Since only 17% of researchers disagreed or strongly disagreed, and 17% were undecided, the study concluded "That means that among researchers who have an opinion, eight out of 10 agree that violent games increase aggression." (SOURCES) - Jeff Grabmeier, "‘Broad Consensus’ That Violent Media Increase Child Aggression," news.osu.edu, Oct. 6, 2014. Douglas A. Gentile et al., "Well-Child Visits in the Video Age: Pediatricians and the American Academy of Pediatrics' Guidelines for Children's Media Use," Pediatrics, Nov. 2004. Two teenagers in Tennessee who shot at passing cars and killed one driver told police they got the idea from playing Grand Theft Auto III. (SOURCES) - BBC News, "Grand Theft Auto Comes under Fire," ############### May 4, 2004 A study published in the American Psychological Association's Psychological Bulletin found that exposure to violent video games led to a lack of empathy and prosocial behavior (positive actions that benefit others) (SOURCES) -Yael Kidron and Steve Fleischman, "Research Matters / Promoting Adolescents' Prosocial Behavior," Educational Leadership, Apr. 2006 Craig A. Anderson et al., "Violent Video Game Effects on Aggression, Empathy, and Prosocial Behavior in Eastern and Western Countries: A Meta-Analytic Review," Psychological Bulletin, Mar. 2010
TheDanbox
#204255592Monday, December 12, 2016 11:14 PM GMT

I seriously don't get it. I am 11, in middle school. I have played Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, multiple violent ROBLOX games, and have been on for 5 years. To add on, I have Asperger's syndrome. I have literally shown NO sign of aggression. I think you're confusing yourself with addiction to video games, rather than increasing violence.
Chef_Riley
#204255821Monday, December 12, 2016 11:18 PM GMT

Lets get this clear video game violence on roblox really isnt my main problem. It's Roblox's hypocrisy. They say they are kid friendly and actively censor things yet they let kids ages 8-12 play violent games. Imagine your 8 year old kid playing Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty. I mean I guess most of you wouldn't really care because your parents probably let you but their are parents who wouldn't want their kids playing games that violent. Yet they will let their kids play roblox because they say they are kid friendly and the parents wouldn't even know they are playing games simulating killing each other or stealing cars (games which roblox has)
Chef_Riley
#204255973Monday, December 12, 2016 11:20 PM GMT

Violent video games don't cause increased aggression in everyone. They increase it in people anger problems already. There have been many real life examples of shootings that are directly linked to video games one of the most horrific being the columbine shooting.
skyrim5901
#204256006Monday, December 12, 2016 11:20 PM GMT

Also, I think a kid may be more aggressive without violent video games. It's a outlet. Something to let it out on. A happy place when your angry or depressed. Sky, Small Time Game Maker and Roblox Vet.
rec32
#204256235Monday, December 12, 2016 11:23 PM GMT

#######################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################
Chef_Riley
#204256338Monday, December 12, 2016 11:25 PM GMT

Well if you think about it like that ##### could also be an outlet for people it makes them feel better and escape their problems. Again I revised my original post and in this one I am not saying to Ban the gun games. All I am saying is for roblox to either change the recommended age or for them to add a warning for new accounts that these types of games exist on roblox.
skyrim5901
#204256341Monday, December 12, 2016 11:25 PM GMT

Okay, Sorry. Didn't understand what you meant. I thought you were buying into the video games cause violent behavior problem. I can understand that. If someone has the metal problem before hand it may cause it. So I do agree that there should be some way for parents to prevent it. I do think that is a good idea. It's the parents decision to censor it in the end. If a kid does have serious mental issues then violent video games may SEEM like real life to them. but ONLY IF they had the mental problem to begin with. Anyone with no problem would know the difference easy. Sky, Small Time Game Maker and Roblox Vet.
rec32
#204256349Monday, December 12, 2016 11:25 PM GMT

The Supreme Court recently decided to review a California law that would regulate the sale and rental of computer and video games to minors. We can all agree that parents are the best arbiters of determining what is right for their children. The issue at hand though is how best to support those parents. We believe that with parental controls, ratings awareness and retailer support, proposals like this are a solution in search of a problem. In addition, there are numerous legal reasons why 12 courts have already rejected proposals similar to this one, and we believe there are sound constitutional reasons why we hope the Supreme Court will concur. A few facts to consider: The average video game player is 35 years old and has been playing for 12 years. Forty percent of gamers are women, and one out of every four gamers is over age 50. Video games are a mass medium form of entertainment that are enjoyed today in a majority of homes by players of all ages. The myth that video games cause violent behavior is undermined by scientific research and common sense. According to FBI statistics, youth violence has declined in recent years as computer and video game popularity soared. We do not claim that the increased popularity of games caused the decline, but the evidence makes a mockery of the suggestion that video games cause violent behavior. Indeed, as the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals declared: “The state has not produced substantial evidence that … violent video games cause psychological or neurological harm to minors.” In fact, addressing critics’ claims that games are somehow different than other forms of art, the Hon. Robin Cauthron of the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma wrote in a permanent injunction against that state’s attempt to regulate the sale of games to minors that, “the presence of increased viewer control and interactivity does not remove these games from the release of the First Amendment protection.” The industry also has an independent rating system, similar to the movie rating system, that informs and empowers parents. Watchdog groups and government agencies, like the Federal Trade Commission, praise it as a system that works. A 2009 study by the FTC found that 87 percent of parents were satisfied with the computer and video game ratings. Last year, the FTC said the computer and video game industry “outpaces” other entertainment industries in restricting marketing of mature-rated products to children, clearly and prominently displaying rating information and restricting children’s access to mature-rated products. Retailers are supportive of the ratings system and are playing a critical role in keeping mature-themed video games out of the wrong hands. Virtually all major U.S. retailers are working to help parents keep control of the games children play by enforcing age restrictions. Parental controls are also built into all current-generation game consoles, enabling parents to block video games they do not want their children to play. This ensures that parents’ standards are enforced, even when they are not at home. As a medium, computer and video games are entitled to the same protections as the best of literature, music, movies, and art. In the end, Americans’ rights to speech and expression are sacred and inviolate—and millions across the political spectrum agree with us.
TheDanbox
#204256372Monday, December 12, 2016 11:25 PM GMT

"parents wouldn't even know they are playing games simulating killing each other or stealing cars (games which roblox has)" The thing is, it's not realistic. ROBLOX isn't the same thing as Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto. Sure, they might similarly have the same concept, but it isn't as realistic and, in most cases, don't even have gore. It's like comparing a game where you shoot people as their blood comes out to a game where you shoot a lego brick with a blocky gun and you get a point. ROBLOX is true when it says it's "kid friendly." And, like I said, I'm in the same age group that you referred. Played ROBLOX for 5 years, no effects. Have never seen a game close to Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto.
Chef_Riley
#204256517Monday, December 12, 2016 11:27 PM GMT

Yeah, sorry I am getting off topic by talking about video games causing violence instead of pushing my real message that roblox should be more open and add a warning for unknowing parents
rec32
#204256550Monday, December 12, 2016 11:27 PM GMT

Dr. Patrick Markey is an associate professor of psychology at Villanova University, the director of the Interpersonal Research Laboratory, and a former president of the Society for Interpersonal Theory and Research. After having time to process the tragic events at Sandy Hook, I knew what was going to happen next. It was the same thing that happened after the attacks in Aurora, Norway and Virginia Tech. I was going to be contacted by a variety of news outlets and invited to join at least one government committee, all in an effort to give my "expert" opinion regarding what had occurre I am not an expert on gun safety, school shootings or ###### ####### I am a research psychologist who has studied the negative effects of violent video games.s. The reason I and others in this research area are sought out is because the perpetrators of these tragedies often played violent video games. This fact is something we frequently reference in the introductions of our own scientific articles when we present our research in the context of school shootings. Presenting our research in relation to such tragic events implies that our findings can somehow be used to better predict and prevent school shootings. However, such a dialogue is misleading as no study has examined whether or not violent video games cause real world violence. In fact, most people are surprised to learn exactly how video game research is conducted. The average experimental study in this area involves having one group of people play a violent video game while another group plays a non-violent video game. After a short game play session (usually around 15 minutes) participants' aggressive thoughts or behaviors are assessed. Using such a methodology, researchers have found that individuals who play violent video games are more likely to expose others to loud irritating noises, report feeling more hostile on a questionnaire, give longer prison sentences to hypothetical criminals and even give hot sauce to people who do not like spicy food. Although these various outcomes are related to unfriendly thoughts and behaviors, it is quite a leap to imply that the desire to expose others to loud noises or hot sauce is similar to the violent events which occurred at Sandy Hook. [See a collection of political cartoons on gun control and gun rights.] Researchers have argued that, although these studies do not directly measure real world violence, the results suggest that video games might be one of several risk factors (e.g., poverty, gun availability, family environment, etc.) that contribute to violent behavior. Therefore, the reasoning goes, even if violent video games are only a small contributing risk factor to violence, because so many people are exposed to such media the negative effect of violent video games at the societal level will be immens Contrary to this dire statement, in the past 15 years, sales of video games have consistently increased whereas homicides, ##### and aggravated assaults during this same time have decreased.d. It appears that any negative effect of violent video games is dwarfed by the effects of other societal factors. ADVERTISING Taken together, research clearly suggests that exposure to violent video games temporarily increases a person's hostility. A child or adult who plays a video game will be slightly more antagonistic and might even see his or her world as a more hostile place immediately after playing the game. However, research does not show a clear link between playing violent video games and real world violence. Although researchers have often noted the preference of violent video games by many school shooters, given that 97 percent of adolescents play video games such a preference is not overly surprising. It could similarly be argued that bread consumption predicts school shootings, because most school shooters likely consumed a bread product within 24 hours before their violent attacks. Researchers, like me, have been guilty of perpetuating the connection between violent video games and real world violence either implicitly or explicitly within our own research articles and in our "expert" statements given to news outlets and politicians. As humans we may like being treated as "experts" on important topics like school violence, but as scientists we must be critical of the implications drawn from research – especially, from our own research. Such implications could prove to be dangerous if it causes lawmakers and others to focus on violent video games at the expense of other more serious causes of violence.
TheDanbox
#204256589Monday, December 12, 2016 11:28 PM GMT

"Violent video games don't cause increased aggression in everyone. They increase it in people anger problems already." I don't think you saw that I literally have a disease in the Autism spectrum (Aspergers.) There has been never a case of something major like a shooting because of ROBLOX ever since its start (2006, 10 years ago!), and there probably never will.
TheDanbox
#204256743Monday, December 12, 2016 11:30 PM GMT

To help improve your suggestion though, I think there should be an option for developers to put 13+ marking on their games, so parents know that their children should not play that game.
Chef_Riley
#204256787Monday, December 12, 2016 11:31 PM GMT

My point is really that Roblox needs to be more transparent with the Parents. Most parents don't let their 8 year old play FPS games even if its just blocks shooting each other. Yet with roblox pushing a kid friendly message many parents wont even think that it has these types of games.
Chef_Riley
#204256820Monday, December 12, 2016 11:31 PM GMT

I'll be Re Revising this post soon.
megesticfirefox
#204257388Monday, December 12, 2016 11:38 PM GMT

Your acting as if blood spews out of the blocks when their shot. And they scream in pain. No, They #### ### and respawn. If you call that super violent you need to reinitiate your vocabulary.
Chef_Riley
#204257619Monday, December 12, 2016 11:41 PM GMT

Genann
#204258085Monday, December 12, 2016 11:47 PM GMT

Roblox has had games with killing since the beginning. Roblox is a Totalitarian government.
WaffleInvasion
#204267601Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:49 AM GMT

No offense but it's not like anyone reads the rules.they would probably skip the rules and be like "on I can curse all I want!"cause really,people don't care if gun games are bad.just remove gore to me ¥{W壣lê}¥
Reset3291749
#204274000Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:09 AM GMT

ROBLOX won't ban those games. people like you that posts these threads saying roblox to delete violet games makes me want to k1ll my self left the game (Account is untrusted.)
Impreza_STI
#204274038Tuesday, December 13, 2016 3:09 AM GMT

hello concerned mother AsiimovWolf >3< R$19 #1KPostsAcchieved
therobloxsoldier084
#204287661Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:20 AM GMT

Let me just get straight to you @xRiley27. 1. If there will be an age limit of 18+, then roblox will be less popular. But 13+ is ok, but it has no privacy policy enabled. 2. Those gun games are just simulators that can lead you to train and test your skills. 3. If a new account get signed up and they will play a gun game, but they get banned, then roblox might lose money about it. Banning a signed up player will just cost them money, it will not happen. 4. I know that those gun games are violent, but if we cannot play those, then we will get any problems for the war in real life. Please do not add the 18+ or 13+ for military games, Those that I post will not going to happen, So no support. sincerely, roblox soldier (RAP: 7)
therobloxsoldier084
#204287800Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:25 AM GMT

"My point is really that Roblox needs to be more transparent with the Parents. Most parents don't let their 8 year old play FPS games even if its just blocks shooting each other. Yet with roblox pushing a kid friendly message many parents wont even think that it has these types of games." If roblox will be more transparent with the parents, then, some players might not play roblox anymore because of the improval of the game. Some 8 year old childs does play FPS or military games, if they just got shot each other out, then, they will complain to the game by writing on the comment. Then if they got pushed with a message, then it is a big problem. But revised of this ban gun games will not going to happen, EVER. Once again, it will not going to happen. I still do not support at all for a number of reasons. sincerely, roblox soldier (RAP: 7)
JushBJJ2
#204288617Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:02 AM GMT

You guys are stupid. Child friendly youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2DvY2FkRVc ROBLOX Game Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhCURR7kwYU