of     1   

BIoodIusts
#206547741Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:12 AM GMT

TL;DR found at the bottom Initial disclaimer; As most of you should be aware, it costs 1,000 ROBUX to change your name, I am not suggesting we reduce or remove that. When you change your name, say... from "PlayerA" to "PlayerB" as hypothetical examples, everything is carried over, including the name. The name "PlayerA" cannot be used as it is stored within the database as a previous name of "PlayerB". This is so that friends of the now "PlayerB" can still find them by searching "PlayerA" if they are left uninformed of the name change. In short, no one else can ever use "PlayerA" as a name. Now let's say "PlayerB" tires of his/her name name and wants to change it again. For something new, i.e "PlayerC", the cost of 1,000 ROBUX is reasonable and expected. However, if "PlayerB" wishes instead to revert to "PlayerA", they still have to pay the 1,000 ROBUX, despite effectively 'owning' the name as it belongs to that account, even if not in use. Essentially my suggestion is that the cost for changing your name to a name you already 'own' should be negated, or at the very least reduced. No one else can touch it, it is effectively yours, why should you pay to use it again? It doesn't use up names in the database as you are merely cycling between names you already own. It doesn't spam the feed of friends as you do not receive notifications if a friend changes name (at the very most, it will cause confusion but it really isn't even that bad). I, personally, have changed my name quite a few times. Only once have I changed back to a name I've owned already, and I paid 1k ROBUX for doing it. The payment to own the name was justifiable, the payment to reuse what is already mine is not. If I wish to change my name to something I've already used and own, I should not be charged for it. And neither should you. If you've made it this far I thank you, or you're simply looking for the tl;dr which I hope is as informative as this post. tl;dr - if you've already changed to a name and it's stored to you, you should not have to pay to change it back to that name
rexnfx
#206547874Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:14 AM GMT

soup port
Sufganiyot
#206547913Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:14 AM GMT

support This subforum is for very uneducated people.
zapoke1z24h4
#206548211Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:18 AM GMT

so you're saying you can have a guy namesnipe like 20 things and then be able to switch back and forth to them or have a potential stalker change username to avoid detection but still have a legitimate joindate and character or have a troll on a forum repeatively change names just to avoid people knowing of their past self (because its not like people look on everyone's profile) ...with no penalty? for an example from another forum if ###### added a name change and no penalty then corporate shills could just change names to have multiple accounts and still keep a considerable amount of karma that could happen to roblox too it could bring more chances to false advertisers to just change their name so they aren't detected as easily as before no support In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
DroppedDaBass
#206548233Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:18 AM GMT

Support
zapoke1z24h4
#206548249Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:18 AM GMT

so you're saying you can have a guy namesnipe like 20 things and then be able to switch back and forth to them or have a potential stalker change username to avoid detection but still have a legitimate joindate and character or have a troll on a forum repeatively change names just to avoid people knowing of their past self (because its not like people look on everyone's profile) ...with no penalty? for an example from another forum if a site like ###### added a name change and no penalty then corporate shills could just change names to have multiple accounts and still keep a considerable amount of karma that could happen to roblox too it could bring more chances to false advertisers to just change their name so they aren't detected as easily as before no support In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
zapoke1z24h4
#206548299Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:19 AM GMT

wtf let me try again so you're saying you can have a guy namesnipe like 20 things and then be able to switch back and forth to them or have a potential stalker change username to avoid detection but still have a legitimate joindate and character or have a troll on a forum repeatively change names just to avoid people knowing of their past self (because its not like people look on everyone's profile) ...with no penalty? for an example from another forum if the front page of the internet (you know) added a name change and no penalty then corporate shills could just change names to have multiple accounts and still keep a considerable amount of karma that could happen to roblox too it could bring more chances to false advertisers to just change their name so they aren't detected as easily as before no support In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
BIoodIusts
#206548463Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:21 AM GMT

so you're saying you can have a guy namesnipe like 20 things and then be able to switch back and forth to them or have a potential stalker change username to avoid detection but still have a legitimate joindate and character or have a troll on a forum repeatively change names just to avoid people knowing of their past self (because its not like people look on everyone's profile) ...with no penalty? Namesniping would cost a lot, 20 times = 20,000 ROBUX, and anyone sad enough to that is such an extreme minority they aren't even worth considering with this feature. Stalkers are not really an issue to deal with. Block and report for harassment. If the report is viable, action will be taken. If not, the block still carries over to different names. As for trolls, people look on profiles more than you might expect, especially when a new person apparently shows up. It only takes one person to leak the names of a troll and boom, secrecy lost. Whilst your concerns are valid to a point, I do find that on the whole they are based on minor and unlikely scenarios and have no real negative bearing on the feature idea as a whole.
zapoke1z24h4
#206548856Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:26 AM GMT

"Namesniping would cost a lot, 20 times = 20,000 ROBUX, and anyone sad enough to that is such an extreme minority they aren't even worth considering with this feature." i've seen people that gained like 50 namesnipes after the underscore update. people are crazy enough "Stalkers are not really an issue to deal with. Block and report for harassment. If the report is viable, action will be taken. If not, the block still carries over to different names." elaborate on how roblox can catch stalkers so easily in game "As for trolls, people look on profiles more than you might expect, especially when a new person apparently shows up. It only takes one person to leak the names of a troll and boom, secrecy lost." this never happens "Whilst your concerns are valid to a point, I do find that on the whole they are based on minor and unlikely scenarios and have no real negative bearing on the feature idea as a whole." "no real negative bearing" you say more easy scamming is not "real negative" on this site? meant for children who dont know any better, no less? are you nuts? In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
Internecivus
#206548896Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:27 AM GMT

@Zapoke - How many people do you know that can afford to change names 20 times? Because you still need to pay the 1k for each name. I support, the 1k should just be a reservation fee for a new name. Updating an SQL entry shouldn't cost 15 USD.
happypogo123
#206548946Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:28 AM GMT

no support
zapoke1z24h4
#206549021Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:28 AM GMT

this is a very obvious example, but look at gpr3 for a second https://www.roblox.com/users/441825/profile and remember that if this was implemented he could just switch to another every day and make an unsuspecting user go to their place In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
BIoodIusts
#206549478Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:34 AM GMT

"i've seen people that gained like 50 namesnipes after the underscore update. people are crazy enough" Not enough to actually impact the idea. "elaborate on how roblox can catch stalkers so easily in game" The best thing to do would be wait until they've said enough things to warrant an effective report, do so, then block and disregard. Again, even if they aren't banned, they can't communicate with you. Plus you can also just change your following settings to friends only and then they can't even get in the same game. "this never happens" The sub-forum I spend time in prides itself on exposing people. Perhaps I'm entreated to one biased view but you are entreated to another. "you say more easy scamming is not "real negative" on this site? meant for children who dont know any better, no less? are you nuts?" Again relating to exposure, sub-forums like LMaD and C&G, where most such activities take place, are often quick to identify such people. And they have to keep buying new names they can revert to. And once a name is logged down by the community they tend to remember it. Granted there are children on this game who don't understand how the world works and how harsh it can be. The only advice I can give is that such children should not have access to ROBUX that they can be scammed out of. But that would be the responsibility of the parent. As for, "are you nuts?", it is in fact quite likely I have some form of psychological inhibition (or advancement, depending on how you look at it). I still remain quite convinced however that the activities you mention would only be mildly aided by this feature, if at al I've more or less disregarded namesniping and stalk-harassment as the former requires an abundance of money and a lack of perspective, whilst the latter can already be dealt with simply.
BIoodIusts
#206549624Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:36 AM GMT

As for, "are you nuts?", it is in fact quite likely I have some form of psychological inhibition (or advancement, depending on how you look at it). I still remain quite convinced however that the activities you mention would only be mildly aided by this feature, if at all.* I've more or less disregarded namesniping and stalk-harassment as the former requires an abundance of money and a lack of perspective, whilst the latter can already be dealt with simply. * - Spelling issue fixed, a few appeared when I previewed my post. This one slipped past my detection until I posted it.
zapoke1z24h4
#206549851Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:39 AM GMT

near everyone on roblox has a lack of perspective and a lot of money anyway ######## can really be resolved easily but to be serious when you're trying to run a kids site you have to realize kids dont know many things about anti ######## your bombastic nature really seems me to believe you're trolling at this point to make me go away, but i dont care In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
SinisterUSA
#206549907Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:40 AM GMT

if name changing was free, there would be more pagebreakers 64 name changes fill up most of the whole page a meme a day keeps the teachers away
zapoke1z24h4
#206549938Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:40 AM GMT

near everyone on roblox has a lack of perspective and a lot of money anyway it can really be resolved easily, but to be serious when you're trying to run a kids site you have to realize kids dont know many things about countering it your bombastic nature really seems me to believe you're trolling at this point to make me go away, but i dont care still no support In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
Internecivus
#206550187Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:44 AM GMT

@Zapoke The guy's filthy rich, if he wanted to switch names every day to screw with people, he can already afford to and the cost is almost nothing to him.
zapoke1z24h4
#206550303Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:45 AM GMT

"The guy's filthy rich, if he wanted to switch names every day to screw with people, he can already afford to and the cost is almost nothing to him." you are missing my point the problem is that with this change he CAN do that and not that hes super rich In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
DaMagicScoot
#206552432Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:12 AM GMT

Support. "When will you learn, when will you learn, THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!"
Level1313
#206553650Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:27 AM GMT

I completely agree. This is the one thing that is stopping me from changing it. If no one else can change their name to it, then why should YOU, the OWNER, have to pay 1k again? Well the reason is obvious. It's Roblox... they don't care as long as they get their money... ^_^
Xarbleed
#206553731Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:29 AM GMT

Well if you switched back then it wouldn't show up that you changed your name... To prevent name-changing spam. I would hope. Xasix | Zaz-ix
zapoke1z24h4
#206553906Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:31 AM GMT

"Well if you switched back then it wouldn't show up that you changed your name... To prevent name-changing spam." this would make it even worse In mother russia, you dont make signatures, signatures make YOU! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiZMWZF8kA
misthero21
#206555266Saturday, January 07, 2017 1:52 AM GMT

support

of     1