of     1   

alan5768
#206777441Monday, January 09, 2017 5:42 PM GMT

This is for users to fix simple mistakes that they couldn't find after proofreading. This won't end well...
patrick18251
#206778621Monday, January 09, 2017 6:04 PM GMT

Slight support, That's sort of their fault for not carefully reading it over before they posted. Just spending more time to read it over for mistakes would help, if this is implemented then I fear that we all would post something and then change it severely, you could entirely change it. This would mess up the replies to the thread, along with if you could edit replies that you've posted, it'll ruin the ones posted afterwards, I support the part that people could edit for mistakes, but too many risks
Epic_DogeTDM
#206780023Monday, January 09, 2017 6:29 PM GMT

what about hash tags?
helloburp
#206782008Monday, January 09, 2017 7:06 PM GMT

No support, mods need to see the stupid stuff you do. You can't just go in and sage at the last minute.
MrPhelps
#206782244Monday, January 09, 2017 7:10 PM GMT

"No support, mods need to see the stupid stuff you do. You can't just go in and sage at the last minute." Change logs would presumably be a thing with an edit system
helloburp
#206782301Monday, January 09, 2017 7:11 PM GMT

That just makes more redundant work for the mods.
MrPhelps
#206782512Monday, January 09, 2017 7:14 PM GMT

"That just makes more redundant work for the mods." I suppose that depends on how the change log is formatted and how accessible it is
helloburp
#206782660Monday, January 09, 2017 7:17 PM GMT

Seriously though, if you care enough to read over your own posts and preview them, there is no use for an edit button. the only reason you could possibly use this as a sane and thinking person would be to sage
MrPhelps
#206782962Monday, January 09, 2017 7:22 PM GMT

"Seriously though, if you care enough to read over your own posts and preview them, there is no use for an edit button." Yeah, I agree about editing for mistakes, and usually any mistakes still made are small enough that they don't affect how others perceive the ideas presented. "the only reason you could possibly use this as a sane and thinking person would be to sage" My biggest reason for using this would be to add a note at the end of a post already made, expressing understanding of a concern or mistake raised in the rest of the thread, thus letting new viewers of the thread know that I'm aware of the issue. That way there aren't a ton of repeat posts by people who haven't read the entire thread. As far as saging, it could be done, but a change log place on the post as a "See previous versions" button or something along those lines would practically eliminate any viability for saging.
helloburp
#206783083Monday, January 09, 2017 7:25 PM GMT

Again, you're just repeating the same points. People could spam edit posts to give the mods a hard time. I like the footnoting idea though, but if edits were added they should be LIMITED to footnoting so any rulebreaking can't be hidden. Also, mods aren't going to check a post if people don't report it, and if people don't see rulebreaking they won't report it.
MrPhelps
#206783745Monday, January 09, 2017 7:35 PM GMT

"Again, you're just repeating the same points." Was I though? Was I? WAS I? "People could spam edit posts to give the mods a hard time." An edit limit is a simple solution to this "I like the footnoting idea though, but if edits were added they should be LIMITED to footnoting so any rulebreaking can't be hidden." This could be done by only allowing additions to be made to the original post, locking any text already posted. "Also, mods aren't going to check a post if people don't report it, and if people don't see rulebreaking they won't report it." People are going to see it though. Hitting the "See previous versions" button isn't exactly hard, and a button like that is usually an inviter of curiosity, at least for me. Any previous edits aren't hidden, nor are they di. And at the end of the day, most people who brazenly break the rules are trying to be noticed. No one rolls into the forums, posts "BLEEP YOU YOU BLEEPEDY BLEEP" then edits it out so no one sees it.
MrPhelps
#206783809Monday, January 09, 2017 7:36 PM GMT

"Nor are they di." "Nor are they difficult to access." I typed that. Dunno where that text jumped off to
helloburp
#206783899Monday, January 09, 2017 7:38 PM GMT

i don't think people are just going to voluntarily click "see previous versions" this just really isn't necessary
MrPhelps
#206784101Monday, January 09, 2017 7:42 PM GMT

'i don't think people are just going to voluntarily click "see previous versions"' Really? Anytime I see that a post is edited on ######### I check the previous versions, just out of curiosity. I don't think I'm alone in that. "this just really isn't necessary" Of course it isn't necessary, nor is it something that any significant time should be devoted to when there are bigger issues and better ideas to be addressed. It's simply something that has the capacity to making foruming slightly more convenient. If it were to be addressed, it should be after Roblox has FIXED THEIR GAME AGHSALHSGDHASJGDAGVSHGAHSGFAHAAA
MrPhelps
#206784131Monday, January 09, 2017 7:42 PM GMT

"#########" Ugh, filter. The social media of the #### ####
MrPhelps
#206784152Monday, January 09, 2017 7:43 PM GMT

And that didn't work either. The big one owned by Mark. I think that's good enough
thetrickyportal
#206786959Monday, January 09, 2017 8:31 PM GMT

chill out 462340396

of     1