of     1   

Extuls
#207682894Friday, January 20, 2017 5:13 AM GMT

tl;dr at bottom, but would prefer if you read the whole thing. There is an issue on ROBLOX that is becoming more and more clear as time goes, here on ROBLOX. When you go around games, more often over time you can easily notice that you see a lot of the same or very similar outfits. It wasn't too bad at first, as most people didn't take on this appearance. But with the removal of tickets, this issue is slowly becoming more noticeable. This issue, if you didn't guess by the title, is a lack of individuality. Sure, once someone sticks around enough and gets BC, they start to stand out more. I'm aware this is one of the many benefits of BC, and this idea won't remove that. However, if I haven't pushed the point enough already, there is an issue with how people get to express themselves. ROBLOX has made it very clear that not only is this a game (or game engine), but a social experience. It's been said time and time again that the ROBLOX social experience is very important to them. So why is individuality being neglected so much? Around the time price floors got implemented, ROBLOX came out with some free shirts and pants, which is good. If you haven't seen them, then here they are: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/browse.aspx?CatalogContext=1&Subcategory=12&CreatorID=1&CurrencyType=5&SortAggregation=5&LegendExpanded=true&Category=3 https://www.roblox.com/catalog/browse.aspx?CatalogContext=1&Subcategory=14&CreatorID=1&CurrencyType=5&SortAggregation=5&LegendExpanded=true&Category=3 Why are these not clearly made available to new players? The items are free, and will always be free, so why aren't new players receiving all of them upon joining? It seems simple enough, as they already receive items upon joining. But let's move on from items that already exist, as I'm sure you get the point. On top of those items' presence on this site barely being visible to new players, why is there so little options? Sure, I think for the style they don't REALLY need more, as much as it would be nice. What they do need more of is styles. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are people who do not want to wear any of those outfits, as it doesn't suit their taste. I won't go listing off every style that exists as there is far too many, but we have plenty of designers here on ROBLOX who cover plenty of different styles. Reaching out to them and asking if they want to contribute by making a free outfit doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me. Earlier on I mentioned the fact that the ROBLOX social experience is said to be very important to ROBLOX, and I'm sure you understand already why what I've said above would help. But, as suggestions and ideas should not be based on assumptions, I feel I should explain. If you look at the friend lists of people on ROBLOX, there's a very clear pattern. People in war groups are typically friends with people in war groups. People in fashion groups are typically friends with people in fashion groups. Developers are typically friends with other developers. This isn't too obscure of a thing, it's just talking to people who have things in common with you, which is why the lack of individuality is an issue. Beyond almost anything, the most simple way to tell if someone is interesting to talk to is based on how they present themselves. Back when I joined ROBLOX, it was easy to stay because I met people easily, as it wasn't hard to present yourself as an individual, and not just a member of something bigger. Now, I have two lasts things I want to say before I wrap this up. Guide new members to the avatar page. Please. It's very clear that a lot of new members are taking a long time to realize their options. Whatever it takes. Show them their options. I have an suggestion for this too. Assuming my suggestion to give new players all the starting items upon joining is taken, a character customization screen upon joining would be fantastic. Giving a nice, easy-to-use interface would give new players of all ages a chance to present themselves before entering their first game. Of course, once done with this page, it would guide you to the games page, and all the free ROBLOX-uploaded outfits would be available in your avatar page. As an extra, I would say even point that out to them once they get directed to the games page after making their character. Thank you for reading. Any criticism and support is accepted. ----------tl;dr---------- The ROBLOX social experience is said to be important to ROBLOX themselves, so add more styles of free outfits since there isn't a lot of diversity in the current free ones. Give new players all free, ROBLOX-uploaded outfits upon joining. Send them to an easy-to-use avatar customization page upon joining, with a much more simple interface than the current avatar page. Point out the avatar page to them once they're done making their avatar. If you don't understand, please read the post.
DreydenTheKing0901
#207684902Friday, January 20, 2017 5:48 AM GMT

Support, I see too many overused outifts
A_Ferret
#207686178Friday, January 20, 2017 6:13 AM GMT

Support
Z3_NN7
#207686521Friday, January 20, 2017 6:20 AM GMT

Support.
Aaxyl
#207686791Friday, January 20, 2017 6:25 AM GMT

support, they should bring back tix, add a daily robux feature or introduce more events
hebalota
#207694857Friday, January 20, 2017 9:34 AM GMT

support, they should add a daily 1 robux feature. fair enough
Fjalon
#207695056Friday, January 20, 2017 9:40 AM GMT

oml do people simply not understand that 1 robux is abusable. Lets say i am NBC and i download some sort of botting program, the program makes 100+ alts for me and automaticly logs in everyday on every account. And then i make a gamepass and buy that gamepass with all the robux i am getting from the alts. THATS WHY TIX WERE REMOVED.
hebalota
#207695313Friday, January 20, 2017 9:47 AM GMT

^ did you know that people found a way to bot robux? there's no different now..
Extuls
#207695811Friday, January 20, 2017 10:01 AM GMT

"oml do people simply not understand that 1 robux is abusable." Do you simply not understand that this post, in no way, is about robux? Or any currency, really.
iLethality
#207696280Friday, January 20, 2017 10:14 AM GMT

Support c;
hebalota
#207696299Friday, January 20, 2017 10:15 AM GMT

they should add a one time free character customization from catalog when registering on roblox, that will solve the problem.
therobloxsoldier084
#207696338Friday, January 20, 2017 10:16 AM GMT

Ok... Let me give you some sense. "The ROBLOX social experience is said to be important to ROBLOX themselves, so add more styles of free outfits since there isn't a lot of diversity in the current free ones." I know that it is very important to all of the admins themselves, but more styles of outfits would even abuse the purchasing system. Free items means a lot of players would bot it by making the item free. But there is already an outfit that cost robux for now, but if they have more free stuff, the prices would be higher than before, we need a currency to prevent abuse. "Give new players all free, ROBLOX-uploaded outfits upon joining." I know that when they were 3.0 released for free, players are starting to look bad at that part. Maybe we should only give severals each category. Back when I was a normal person, they did give me free stuff before, only several. Why do we need to give away players who are new to give them outfits? "Send them to an easy-to-use avatar customization page upon joining, with a much more simple interface than the current avatar page." Kind of support that. But the change is that there is more interfaces with the clothing, but editing that would even not be useful to players. But that is just the only problem. But I do not have much to say. I only support the third part. sincerely, roblox soldier (RAP: 7)
Extuls
#207696961Friday, January 20, 2017 10:36 AM GMT

"I know that it is very important to all of the admins themselves, but more styles of outfits would even abuse the purchasing system. Free items means a lot of players would bot it by making the item free. But there is already an outfit that cost robux for now, but if they have more free stuff, the prices would be higher than before, we need a currency to prevent abuse." Not sure you understood what I meant. ROBLOX already has free outfits, but they just don't give you all of them, assuming new players will always just know to check for free outfits in the catalog. ROBLOX reached out to designers to make these, as they said back at the time. I just think it's ridiculous how they don't have outfits to suit everyone's needs. Not sure what the issue with botting the outfits would be. Like, they could just do that now with the current ones. "I know that when they were 3.0 released for free, players are starting to look bad at that part. Maybe we should only give severals each category. Back when I was a normal person, they did give me free stuff before, only several. Why do we need to give away players who are new to give them outfits?" I'm not sure I really understand this. The whole post is just focused around giving them more variety in the basic 'starter outfits,' if you wanna call it that. They already have some, but what good are those if they don't suit the style of the user? I think letting people express themselves more dynamically helps them meet people they could really get along with, thus enhancing their experience on ROBLOX. On top of all this, I just don't like seeing every new player wearing the same exact thing. Sure you'll still see a lot of the same stuff like this, but I assume if it directs them to a starter avatar editing screen with just the stuff they need to start (heads, shirts, pants, faces) or any other free things that may be released, we could at least see more diversity, which personally I would much prefer over what I see now.
Extuls
#207697014Friday, January 20, 2017 10:37 AM GMT

"they should add a one time free character customization from catalog when registering on roblox, that will solve the problem." If you mean they can choose any set of items to get free, that's not a very good idea. ROBLOX is going for a fully user generated catalog, and it's up to the developers of the assets to choose what price people get them at.
Zee_Captain
#207699158Friday, January 20, 2017 11:37 AM GMT

Support, add more customizing for new players to look far more distinct, or bring back free outfits for users.
Useragent
#207699633Friday, January 20, 2017 11:50 AM GMT

I agree with Zee, a catalog with more free outfits should be added.
hebalota
#207700324Friday, January 20, 2017 12:06 PM GMT

^
Extuls
#207702031Friday, January 20, 2017 12:42 PM GMT

"I agree with Zee, a catalog with more free outfits should be added." You know that's what this thread is about, right? Sort of. Part of it, at least. Not anything too crazy, just suggesting they cover more styles than what is covered currently.
iLethality
#207859288Sunday, January 22, 2017 12:31 AM GMT

Yep. Since im a noob, yeah. [Having some difficulties in learning how to script? Well, this is a perfect learning place for you. This is what you need: http://www.roblox.com/Learn-How-To-Script-place?id=201420143]

of     1