of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

rockmax2112alt
#210690056Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:27 AM GMT

Health: 100% Hunger: 100% Thirst: 100% Inventory: -Torn Jacket -Scraps of Paper A plane wing washes ashore near you as you lay on the silky sand. It is morning from what you can tell. About 20 feet away you see a red seaplane submerged in 12 feet of water.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210690800Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:38 AM GMT

Talk about hangover. What could I've done this time? Though I must say, waking up alone on a lush tropical beach is new. Usually I just... wait, who am I? Where did I come from? Why am I here for any possible reason? My name, my job, my family, my home, I've just forgotten everything. Well, at least I haven't forgotten how to survive... I hope. First things first: I need to evaluate my surroundings. I stand up from the sand, albeit with a groan and a stumble, and look around me. The seaplane is an interesting sight, but what else is there, if anything?
rockmax2112alt
#210690933Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:39 AM GMT

Well, from what you can tell, you're on a tropical island, with a large jungle behind you. On the beach are some coconut trees. It's possible the plane might have survival gear.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210691504Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:46 AM GMT

Right, there's a crashed plane in front of me; I should probably check it out. The water is somewhat deep, though, which may provide as an annoyance but nothing dangerous as long as no deadly inconveniences show up. Still, I'd wade into the water and swim towards the location of the downed seaplane.
rockmax2112alt
#210691640Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:48 AM GMT

You swim towards the location of the plane, and soon enough, the plane is directly below you. You see no dangerous sea creatures nearby.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210692034Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:53 AM GMT

I'd prefer not to die one minute into being stranded, so it was a good sight to see nothing but water. I dove into the water after catching a good breath of air, and began searching for any valuable items that could aid me.
rockmax2112alt
#210692247Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:56 AM GMT

You dive down into the water and eventually reach the plane. You open the door and find the pilot's body, as well as a survival kit and a medical kit.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210692868Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:04 AM GMT

I couldn't explain why, but seeing the body of that pilot in the plane disturbed me greatly. Now, obviously, death itself is a disturbing topic and witnessing it is only exponentially worse, but, as I swam past his submerged decaying body, I could only feel dread in all of this. I now know I wasn't alone on that plane, assuming it's how I arrived here, and there's probably much more to this - much more to my life's story - that I need to recover. Or maybe I'm overthinking it. I'd pay my respects to the soul, but if I stayed there any longer I'd risk death myself. After grabbing the two kits, I'd swim up to the surface, take a gasp for sweet air, and return to the shore. Then I'd open them to inspect what's inside.
rockmax2112alt
#210694298Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:23 AM GMT

You return to find: Medic Kit 5x Bandages 1x Roll of Guaze 1x Bottle of Disinfectant 1x Small bottle of Painkillers Survival Kit 1x Black Sleeping Bag 1x Alluminum Water Bottle 1x Water Purification Tablets 1x Cobray 37mm Flare Launcher 5x Flares 1x Springfield Armory ###### [Tactical-Survivor] (Launcher can be slung under the rifle) 5x Magazines for the Rifle 1x Small Box of assorted foods 1x Matchbox 1x Fishing Pole 1x Spool of 10LB Test line 1x Tacklebox of assorted Baits, Hooks, and Lines 1x Collapsible Hatchet+Hatachet Blades 1x Collapsible cups and Cookware
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210699736Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:28 AM GMT

Hahah, jackpot! This should be more than enough I need for a head-start! There is only one problem, however, that I found almost immediately after finishing inspecting: where am I supposed to carry all this stuff? Logging around two kits around, I know, will eventually render me tiresome. Plus it won't let me actually use any of the equipment unless I stopped to put them down, which I can't afford. I'd look at my current uniform, maybe there's something on me that could assist? If not, I'd have to look towards other options.
rockmax2112alt
#210740943Sunday, February 26, 2017 4:54 PM GMT

Well, the smallest of the two kits is the medic kit, and you can wear the other kit as a backpack, albiet a heavy one. You probably won't need to go far, seeing you have good visibility of the sea and the sky, but whomst am I to judge?
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210757572Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:18 PM GMT

It was relieving to find out that one of the kits could be outfitted as a backpack, making survival doable. I'd bear through the weight, for now at least, as it was one of my least concerns that I could deal with. However, is it possible that the medic kit was small enough to fit into the survival kit?
rockmax2112alt
#210761336Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:55 PM GMT

Nope. Anyway, you should probably focus on making a shelter.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210762654Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:08 PM GMT

Ah, right, a basic necessity of survival. Thanks, anonymous voice in my head. Well, the sleeping bag would certainly provide as an easy base, but I'd still need something around me and overhead. But what could I use? There were trees around me, and I could be able to construct a basic conical structure out of their wood. And I did just gather a hatchet, so it might as well be worth a shot. I'd drop the survival kit for only a minute to find and equip myself the collapsible hatchet and its blades, then close and slug the backpack back on, pick up the medic kit, and trudge towards the nearest coconut tree. There, I'd begin to chop at it. The coconuts, if any are on it, would make a nice drink as a bonus when the tree timbers.
rockmax2112alt
#210764553Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:27 PM GMT

Equipping the largest blade out of the bag, you chop away at one of the four trees. About 20 minutes later, it starts to crack, and it falls. You'll need two more trees cut to make a sturdy, small, teepee like shelter.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210765150Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:32 PM GMT

Wow, that was much more tedious than I hoped it'd be. At least it wasn't too tiresome. Though I'm sure I'd be thinking otherwise after I'm completely finished. Hopefully my blade and my arms won't give out in the middle of chopping the next two.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210765155Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:32 PM GMT

Wow, that was much more tedious than I hoped it'd be. At least it wasn't too tiresome. Though I'm sure I'd be thinking otherwise after I'm completely finished. Hopefully my blade and my arms won't give out in the middle of chopping the next two.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210765226Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:33 PM GMT

(did not mean to post twice, sorry)
rockmax2112alt
#210767590Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:55 PM GMT

You get to the next two trees, and finished chopping them after 30 minutes. The sun has fully come up now, so you can deduce it's the afternoon. What now, cap'n?
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210768794Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:06 PM GMT

I must be exhausted by now. Three entire coconut trees handled by myself. I'm grateful that my hatchet blade didn't break halfway through the thickness of the trunks too. Now the next step was obvious: construct the shelter. This shouldn't be too difficult, but I don't recall doing something like this for a long time... actually I don't recall doing it ever. But I do recall what cones look like, and that should be enough. At the downed coconut trees, I'd use my hatchet a couple last times to sever the branches from the trees, and then cut them into smaller workable pieces. Using the smaller pieces, the idea was to make a base semicircle, probably about 7 feet in diameter, and stack branches on top that'd lean on one another. The finished product, if successful, would probably be very fragile and stupid-looking, but it'd at least work. Afterwards I'd put the hatchet away and lay the sleeping bag in the middle of the structure, then consider the options I have to do next.
rockmax2112alt
#210786006Sunday, February 26, 2017 11:23 PM GMT

You manage to make the shelter at 5 feet instead of 7. Congratulations, you've built a shelter! Considering other things to do, you could go fishing using the fishing rod, swim, or investigate the jungle, partner.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210858121Monday, February 27, 2017 11:55 AM GMT

As tedious and as boring as it is, I'm going to need to catch some food if I'm to survive. I'm definitely not too keen with the idea of hunting, especially considering I don't know what the landscape looks like nor what kind of wildlife thrives there, and the box of foods I'd obtained from the kit should only be used as a last-resort ration, so fishing was pretty much the only solution. Besides, it'd be a simple peaceful task to perform and prepare for my first night sleeping here. I'd equip the rod out of the kit along with its spool and tackle box, also setting the two kits inside my shelter as I won't be needing them for the moment, and head towards the shoreline where I'd, after setting up the rod, throw a line into the far blue ocean and simply wait.
rockmax2112alt
#210908517Monday, February 27, 2017 11:58 PM GMT

You get the fishing rod set up and, using a barrel swivel preattached, set a small hook and twister tail bait. You cast it out and sat down on the silky sand as you waited about ten minutes before you felt a thump. And another one. The line starts to tun away.
TheMackOfAllTrades
#210940521Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:44 AM GMT

That wasn't as surprisingly time-consuming as I thought it'd be. My only obvious reaction would be to pull back on the rod and try to return the line quickly enough.
rockmax2112alt
#210967113Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:52 PM GMT

Maybe fishing isn't for losers. You pull the rod up, and that's when the reel begins to slowly scream line. You might have to tire this fish out.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right