of     1   

Marcus_Laramie
#211101820Thursday, March 02, 2017 6:52 PM GMT

Will ROBLOX ever support the usage of Normals map or nohq textures? It allows for 2D surfaces to be turned into 3D surfaces, it is pretty simple and you can easily generate one for pretty much any texture. It would for sure revamp the whole way that the players can create their custom textures for both the environment and objects. I'm not sure if the ROBLOX engine supports it but I believe it should, don't the regular material textures have normals in them? Just wondering, I think it'd be a pretty cool concept to see in here, although I've pretty much long ditched developing in here, I still mod/develop for other videogames/communities and I find that that resource does a big change, and it is very noticeable. What do you say? If you do not know what they are you can easily google it, but I believe the admins and etcetera for sure know about it. But I don't know, thought it'd be cool to see. Hope it sparks some interest. Kindest regards, Marcus.
Marcus_Laramie
#211101849Thursday, March 02, 2017 6:52 PM GMT

I forgot to add, it doesn't turn the 2D into 3D, but it makes the lighting and/or ambience affect them as if they were 3D, giving them depth, while they're really just a 2D texture. It gives that sort of illusion.

of     1