of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Miss_Doomsday
#212420048Monday, March 20, 2017 7:47 PM GMT

Yeah, I know the more expensive items are, the more people buy robux for them. But I think they're getting too high. This may seem the usual: LOWER PRICE FOR US YAYAYA, but seriously, my opinion is that it's getting too high. A face may say it was a low price, but a moment later the price goes up. Majorly.
Miss_Doomsday
#212420102Monday, March 20, 2017 7:48 PM GMT

Also, hashtags are EVERYWHERE! At least add a filter for under teens only.
Miss_Doomsday
#212420136Monday, March 20, 2017 7:49 PM GMT

By that, I mean a filter of numbers for under teens.
missmillicent
#212420165Monday, March 20, 2017 7:49 PM GMT

No support. That would make ROBLOX's economy go bad considering the money they get is people buying ROBUX to purchase things and ad revenue. ~I'm Batman.~
missmillicent
#212420196Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM GMT

ROBLOX Broke = No ROBLOX = No Catalog = ??? ~I'm Batman.~
Mayby
#212420206Monday, March 20, 2017 7:50 PM GMT

Roblox sets prices super high because they don't understand how to do good business practices and want to take all of our money so no support.
Copic_Ciao
#212420323Monday, March 20, 2017 7:52 PM GMT

no support Ո૦ც૦ძע ੮૯૪੮ς Բคς੮૯Ր ੮ҺคՈ ค ƿɿςς૯ძ ૦Բ Բ૯ɱคՆ૯.
MrPhelps
#212421538Monday, March 20, 2017 8:13 PM GMT

"they don't understand how to do good business practices and want to take all of our money" If high catalog prices buff their profit margins because kids are buying robux, it can't be that bad of a business practice
Mayby
#212421679Monday, March 20, 2017 8:16 PM GMT

It's both bad and effective. If they didn't get lucky with all the youtubers bringing in brainless 8 year olds "Mommy mommy I want that item!" "Oh but sweety that'll cost 60 dollars." "But Mommy you have to!" they wouldn't be able to get away with such things. But as it stands, they can do whatever they want and eventually they're ganna take too many steps too far and it'll backfire.
Misopedia
#212421702Monday, March 20, 2017 8:16 PM GMT

^ It's bad though because it isn't getting as much success as it would be because they're so high. but still no support, limiteds would go down and traders would murder everyone with their red ice crowns
Misopedia
#212421726Monday, March 20, 2017 8:17 PM GMT

woops i meant @MrPhelps
MrPhelps
#212421804Monday, March 20, 2017 8:18 PM GMT

Without statistics, we can't know that for sure
MrPhelps
#212421911Monday, March 20, 2017 8:20 PM GMT

"But as it stands, they can do whatever they want and eventually they're ganna take too many steps too far and it'll backfire." Now this I agree with, and what you said above. They're currently treading a fine line. They're making profit, but perhaps not as much as they could (as I said, without statistics, we can't really know). You're right, though. Roblox can do whatever they want, and they've been reaching pretty far, and it is upsetting the community. While the majority get over it, it sticks in their minds. At some point, it does seem as if it's going to backfire on them.
Mayby
#212421954Monday, March 20, 2017 8:21 PM GMT

What statistics do you need. There is absolutely no doubt the playerbase got overcrowded with 8 year olds. Its obvious young kids can be taken advantage of, and that's exactly what Roblox is doing. Compare the common price of items to say something in 2011 and now. The difference is horrid. But hey what do I know, I just spam the forums with my ugly unfunny joke posts all day.
MrPhelps
#212422217Monday, March 20, 2017 8:26 PM GMT

You'd need multiple sales statistics comparing different catalog rates with robux purchasing frequency and amount. I wouldn't use the term "taking advantage of" considering that in this context that could be said of almost any company selling a product. Another factor is the real world economy now vs. 2011. People can afford to spend more on frivolous items now than they could then. In addition, Roblox now has more players willing to spend money on the site than they did in 2011. They can test the waters with higher prices, trying to find a good medium (or, as it kind of seems, just jack up the prices). There are multiple factors to be considered when looking at this situation, and the bottom line is we don't know if a change in prices would yield better or worse sales. "my ugly unfunny joke posts all day" i love your jokes :(
Mayby
#212422842Monday, March 20, 2017 8:36 PM GMT

My point was it really doesn't matter. Roblox is swimming in money and they're too blind to realize they're walking a path that only has short term rewards. Those 8 year olds are ganna get bored of those front page games eventually. Especially since the front page has not changed in like what, almost a year now? Those same games are ganna get boring since most of them are low quality anyways. Either way, Roblox is only catering towards the mindless 8 year olds who can potentially get money and the like 5 devs that actually make them money. They're very lucky as a company that they even survived this long. There's better ways to make money as a company, but Roblox decided to choose the "greedier" path of just taking advantage of everything they could.
MrPhelps
#212424845Monday, March 20, 2017 9:05 PM GMT

Unfortunately, this does seem to be their main focus, and it might be because of their demographic graphs showing that more and more younger players are using the site as opposed to older users. I'd say they were ignoring the users who make great use of the studio features, but they really aren't considering the fact that studio updates are a constantly worked on thing, which is good. The problem is that the money isn't made there. The kids buying robux and builders club for somewhat rudimentary features are where the majority of their profits are probably coming from, thus they cater more to that area. As for the 5 devs and the front page, they can't really help that as long as their games page is based on popularity. Sure, they could add and "admin's choice" category or something like that, but that means staff members have to take time to scrounge through the depths looking for half-decent games to put there. And, if those kids get bored of the current front page games, someone will find new ones, and they'll rise to the front page. The problem is that the 10,000 players or whatever on each of the first 5 games don't seem to be getting bored any time soon. ## for being lucky to have survived, I disagree. Roblox is still a fairly unique platform compared to the other options available to kids and teens. It's overall a solid product. Sure, they've done some things that we may deem "mistakes," but most games do. Also, we don't know their long term goals or how these...updates...fit into those goals. As you've pointed out with your use of the term "greedy," their goal is profit. If they notice that their current path is leading to a substantial decline in profit, public image, or player base, they'll adjust.
happypogo123
#212425439Monday, March 20, 2017 9:13 PM GMT

no support
Lyphie
#212425455Monday, March 20, 2017 9:14 PM GMT

This would ruin trading. [Citation Needed]
Mayby
#212428941Monday, March 20, 2017 10:06 PM GMT

"public image," Their public image being threatened is how we got this filter. I have 0 faith in their ability to make smart choices. I admit it's a unique platform, but someone could easily replicate it and improve upon the system, favoring more audiences and luring them over to their platform. Roblox is able to stay up not only because of its younger audience, but also the fact that there is no other competition. Either way, I didn't really plan on having to explain myself. My post was there just to jab at Roblox because I'm a terrible person with terrible priorities.
NoobMaster936
#212431657Monday, March 20, 2017 10:50 PM GMT

@Mayby See I lost faith when NOT only when this community crashed and burned, but when they start making bad updates like this needless color customization update, it's ridiculously unethical/not needed so why make the update? Lol Zero sense. I mean I'll admit Roblox is great and all but I have to say my image of them are deteriorating the only thing that actually keeps me from quitting is the new and old fun games to play on this platform, in fact, I think that's the NUMBER ONE reason why players still play this game to this date.
MrPhelps
#212438856Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:52 AM GMT

"Their public image being threatened is how we got this filter. I have 0 faith in their ability to make smart choices." Something happened that was largely out of their control. They damaged controlled in one of the few ways they knew how. Admittedly, the filter isn't great, but it's much better optimized than it was. "I admit it's a unique platform, but someone could easily replicate it and improve upon the system, favoring more audiences and luring them over to their platform. Roblox is able to stay up not only because of its younger audience, but also the fact that there is no other competition." It would be difficult to lure a large player base from an established game to what essentially amounts to a copy with some changes. It would take a lot of time. "Either way, I didn't really plan on having to explain myself. My post was there just to jab at Roblox because I'm a terrible person with terrible priorities." Fair enough, I know that feel
MoonToTheMan
#212439047Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:55 AM GMT

no support i want roblox to take all my money
Chowderpat
#212439282Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:59 AM GMT

I'm not sure what to say about this. I'd like to see how much money ROBLOX is making off of catalog items. If they're making a huge profit, then they should probably lower it. If it's right on the edge, maybe make it higher. I'd have to find out the facts before I make assumptions. The Hippie of S&I. r+://536746421
JasonBlckWolf
#212439440Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:02 AM GMT

No support. Because ROBLOX needs money to improve the economy of their company.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right