chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     5   

Udoxas
#214038293Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:27 AM GMT

okay just because you're actually saying something that isn't the standard crap i'll respond "Your metaphor is terribly inaccurate as well. Plugins aren't of the same value as grocery bags." it was actually grocery carts and plugins are of less value then grocery carts obviously it's just code "Either way, someone is paying for it." i acknowledged that in the metaphor please read the whole thing instead of skimming through it "For the record, give me a valid explanation on why EVERY other Studio allows you to SELL assets? If they allow it, why shouldn't ROBLOX?" roblox is a kid's game not a game engine made for professional use "On top of that, yes you can license your own creations. Read the Terms of Service." i checked the terms of service before i posted that just to make sure. you might be able license it, it's possible i got that wrong, but here: "you grant Roblox a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license (with the right to sublicense to any person or entity, whether a user of the Service or not) to host, store, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, distribute and to use in any way, the UGC that you Provide, in whole or in part, including modifications and derivative works, in any media or formats (tangible or intangible) and through any media, items or channels (online, offline, or others, now known or hereafter developed), including for the production and sale of content and tangible products that depict or embody your UGC. Other than the potential to earn ROBUX, Roblox shall not be obligated to provide to you any compensation or other payments for any reasons, including for exploitation of the license discussed immediately above whether in relation to Service or otherwise, nor is Roblox obligated to exploit this license. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT THIS LICENSE APPLIES TO ANY UGC YOU PROVIDED TO US AT ANY TIME (FROM YOUR FIRST USE OF THIS SERVICE, WHICH MAY PREDATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS VERSION OF THE TERMS)." this means they own whatever you make
Udoxas
#214038330Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:28 AM GMT

also i forgot to mention that roblox is not trying to compete with the big game engines, so there is no reason for them to allow you to sell every kind of asset
MightyDantheman
#214073917Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:43 PM GMT

Udoxas, ROBLOX, since the beginning, as mentioned that its goal is to try to teach children about how the real world works. You still haven't given me an actual valid reason to why plugins shouldn't be sold. To me, as an opinion, it sounds like you just dislike the idea of spending money on tools that others have made. Why should some developers be able to profit while others can't? ~MightyDantheman~
Udoxas
#214093615Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:22 PM GMT

yeah that is the whole reason the first thing i posted was "no i dont want to pay to use something that should be in studio anyways" i would've left it at that but you started with the whole leeching thing
MightyDantheman
#214164204Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:52 PM GMT

Okay, but you still haven't given any valid reasons, just that you don't want to pay for tools that other people besides ROBLOX have made. That is a form of leeching, even if it is free. The reason I say this is because people practically never give credit to anything that they use. But that's besides the point. Users should be able to sell assets. Do you have any other valid reasons for this to not happen besides greediness? ~MightyDantheman
Rephraned
#214164523Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:58 PM GMT

When you stated that ratings and videos would help prove the plugin to be legitimate, not every plug instantly gets videos and ratings/reviews. Therefore, new plugs or plugs from smaller users would not have ratings so there would be doubts it is legitimate. Then, there's no point in making them because the creator would not get a large amount of consumers. 𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎, 𝚍𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚜. — ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕦𝕤
Rephraned
#214164588Wednesday, April 12, 2017 3:59 PM GMT

"Udoxas, ROBLOX, since the beginning, as mentioned that its goal is to try to teach children about how the real world works." Then how in the world did we survive up to this day, buddy? 𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎, 𝚍𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚜. — ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕦𝕤
MightyDantheman
#214165981Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:26 PM GMT

Shewze, that's why selling plugins would be optional. It's the developer's own fault if they don't upload a video showing what their plugin is and how it works. They could also possibly provide either a trial version or demo version if they really wanted to. There are many ways to get your name out there. Again, this is also similar to real life. As for your second 'point', what are you even trying to say? How did ROBLOX survive? I'd think that's common sense. ROBLOX gets paid by sponsors and users who buy robux and/or builders club. What does that have to do with ROBLOX being designed to teach players about the real world? I should mention this before you take my words out of context. Obviously games won't teach users about the real world, I'm talking about the development side of things. A few examples are user ads, tax, trading economy, team development skills, game development, management of communities, etc. ~MightyDantheman
MightyDantheman
#215481300Friday, April 28, 2017 2:45 PM GMT

Bump. ~MightyDantheman~
MightyDantheman
#215800931Tuesday, May 02, 2017 5:11 PM GMT

Bump. ~MightyDantheman~
Ballistac16011
#215806235Tuesday, May 02, 2017 8:10 PM GMT

No support, it is very idiotic to sell a plugin which is mainly made so that ALL people use it and do not have to be complicando to create their own plugin, roblox should give them a reward for every so many uses of the plugin. With this proposal you make a free game more than anything to a game where you have to pay for everything Spanish to English translation
MightyDantheman
#215806698Tuesday, May 02, 2017 8:24 PM GMT

If you're referring to ROBLOX itself as a game, that is invalid. ROBLOX is not a game. If you're talking about games being pay-to-play, what are you talking about? Putting a price on plugins has nothing to do with that. Please read the other posts as well. I've explained that every single other studio allows people to sell assets. ROBLOX needs to do the same. If I wanted to sell a kit, I'd normally only be able to sell it once. Either that or have a whitelist. With the ability to sell plugins, I could sell it to as many people as I'd like and I wouldn't have to communicate to them just to buy it. There is zero downside to this besides kids not being able to use as much free stuff as they used to. Also no, plugins were not made for the purpose of being free. This is a change that could happen at any point and should happen. ~MightyDantheman~
MightyDantheman
#215860220Wednesday, May 03, 2017 5:34 PM GMT

Bump. ~MightyDantheman~
MightyDantheman
#216093456Sunday, May 07, 2017 4:18 AM GMT

Here's a video of someone who actually makes a living off of both game development and selling development tools. This means he develops and sells plugins and possibly even engines. https://youtu.be/YrYs_9lEGyY ~MightyDantheman~

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     5