of     1   

War_Muffin
#218292709Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:16 AM GMT

Many groups right now allow it's members to play on a group only VIP server. Usually the group owner places a set of rules that must be followed on order for the member to use the VIP server. Unfortunately, some members intentionally break the rules in order to cause chaos, make the VIP server useless, hack, and / or troll. The group owner can ban the player from the group but that does not stop the player from making an alternate account and rejoin Banning / suspending the IP will stop the player and any future alternative accounts from rejoining the group.the group. Roblox already does this, if a player decides to exploit or hack (or break any of Roblox's rules, hacking is just the most common.) the account will be given a warning, and then a suspension, and then will be banned if the rules continue to be broken. Roblox is not perfect, it will never be (just look at the chat system), however I hope that this change would make things better. (NOTE when I mean ban someones IP I mean making the accounts linked to the IP unable to rejoin the group not banning the IP from Roblox itself). TL;DR Make group owners able to ban / suspend someones IP from the group because reasons... good reasons....
Nrav
#218293154Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:21 AM GMT

There are two solutions currently available to group owners: • Making it so then new group members must be approved before joining. • Making a rank of approved non-high rank users that can join the game. Anyone who can edit VIP servers can make it so then only certain ranks can play in a server(at leadt I think they can). But, there is one reason why this wouldn't work anyway: • If group owners or admins are able to see the ## ####### when or after doing it, this can potentially jeopardise the security of the player in question. Even if it may not look like it, Roblox strives to protect the security of all users.
War_Muffin
#218293249Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:23 AM GMT

what i mean is roblox could hide the IP by just putting a button saying "ban IP"
Nrav
#218293463Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:26 AM GMT

This can potentially allow for users to secure their groups, but I can't see Roblox implementing this feature.
sophisticationer
#218293599Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:27 AM GMT

that wont change a difference.. they will just use a vpn program like tunnelbare or something which is free and just rejoin the group on an alt like nothing. rap - 0
richmancool9876
#218294151Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:35 AM GMT

well if you knew them for example your friend was banned from his favorite group and joins on an alt if the person is friends with the banned person or anything in common with looks or what there status is or "about" then you can ban them but that's if you look. just saying. richmancool9876
War_Muffin
#218294361Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:38 AM GMT

i know there is programs out there that can mask or "change" your IP however its better than nothing
War_Muffin
#218294481Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:40 AM GMT

if you had a choice between 100% chance of death or 90% chance of death what would you choose. (be serious)
richmancool9876
#218294754Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:43 AM GMT

a ### chance but about the ## banning. if someone hacks the group and can control it they can ban everyone for no reason. and will cause chaos because people are so angry they cant go in the group richmancool9876
Nrav
#218297708Wednesday, June 07, 2017 1:23 AM GMT

What do those choices have to do with this conversation?

of     1