of     1   

EstonianPointer
#221600157Monday, July 17, 2017 4:09 PM GMT

There are posts already where people talk about the ROBLOX censor system, but im more pi***d that i cant even send most of the messages (even private ones) out because i use numbers or just some other common everyday words that are "too harsh" for children (or something like that). ROBLOX should evolve and realize, that it's not baby games only platform anymore. We have gore and guns already so why you are you still holding on? (just a suggestion: make a switch or something that removes the chat filter, but leave it on by default and make it accessible for people that are 13 and over) Also tell me if im wrong about this thing. :) (ENGLISH ISN'T MY NATIVE LANGUAGE SO IF I MISS SPELLED ANYTHING THEN IM SORRY)
DigitalMystery
#221600401Monday, July 17, 2017 4:13 PM GMT

I think its because they don't want users revealing personal info. And even if they try changing anything, parents or the media will make a big deal out of it.
ipielike
#221600581Monday, July 17, 2017 4:16 PM GMT

Support.
EstonianPointer
#221605433Monday, July 17, 2017 5:19 PM GMT

And what will they say? "I wont let my kids play this game anymore"? And i actually think that it gets more players if they change some things and loose up a bit. And to be honest, i don't find anything for media to make a big deal out of (well i don't know alot about that). Also what kind of personal info are we talking about? How is it connected with censoring?
DigitalMystery
#221607518Monday, July 17, 2017 5:41 PM GMT

They would probably continue to blame roblox or what you said. As for the censoring thing, its because a parent complained that something inappropriate happend to their child and the filter was enforced causing numbers to get censored and words that may be deemed inappropriate. As for the personal info, people may give it out by mistake. Age, etc.
dbzmangtg
#221607626Monday, July 17, 2017 5:42 PM GMT

The fact that they often censor "i" is stupid.
fighterbuilder
#221612305Monday, July 17, 2017 6:29 PM GMT

I support this. I'm trying to make an RPG, and I can't even use the word t o w n . Seriously?
EstonianPointer
#221612755Monday, July 17, 2017 6:34 PM GMT

Well its parents own fault because ROBLOX is not responsible for this kind of stuff (and only one?). So that's basically just stupid. And accidentally giving out private information? What kind of logic is this? No one knows what those numbers might be and it basically removes some part of communication in ROBLOX and you can use any other communicating application to share out any kind of private information so its useless to censor numbers.
ezergad3000
#221613016Monday, July 17, 2017 6:37 PM GMT

And this is why we use blacklists and whitelists. Not an algorithm long infamous for being so trash at its job it commonly does the exact opposite of what a filter's supposed to do. I'll never let it go how before its change it claimed to be the "World's Smartest Content Filter." Soccer moms suck.

of     1